Page 3 of 89 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: What made you smile today?

Hmm... what makes me happy in life right now... I think I shall revive this a bit :P

Food... videogames... waking up each day (although I get disgruntled from missing out on a good sleep :P) and knowing that there's someone out there who cares about me as much as I do for them.
    ~The imprint is always there... Nothing is ever really forgotten...~
    ~Seduce my mind, and you can have my body
    Find my soul, and I'll be yours forever...~
    ~Signature made by Deadfire~

I won Rock Band yesterday

but I won't get it until it's released in sweden next year

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    You're really missing out el_boss, playing Rock Band was the most fun I've had playing a video game since the first Guitar Hero came out. Brilliant.

Tonight, I just came back from a really good party. Probably what I consider to be the first party I've had fun at since I've been in college. Really funny and interesting people, and got totally chilled once a lot of people left. The music consisted of stuff like the Rolling Stones, Marvin Gaye, Funkadelic, and Daft Punk, instead of the usual flavor-of-the-month rap that makes my ears bleed. Fucking Soulja Boy.

What I enjoyed most of all was the fact that people were drunk, but still managed to act like decent people, instead of overplaying it. No "HAY I'M DRUNK LESS PLAY BEER PONG, WOOOOOO!" bullshit. So yeah, I'm happy right now.

Edit: Also, I'm seeing the Blue Man Group tomorrow. That will be interesting, if nothing else.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

i got the graphire bluetooth tablet i ordered off of ebay today. this makes me very happy. now just gotta go buy a bluetooth adapter...

The last day of classes of the semester was yesterday; I am now free till January 7th. Finally I have time to do all the things I wanted to do but couldn't because of overwhelming schoolwork. Freedom!

98% of teens uses or has tried MySpace. If you're one of the 2% that hasn't, copy and paste this in your signature

The market is at discount levels, housing is depreciating, and my income will more than double after the holidays end.

Next few years should be interesting.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    I want this 42'' Dell plasma.... I made some extra money yesterday and now am giving it more serious consideration, I dont expect somebody else to buy me an $800 tv.

Going to be moving in the next 2 weeks and it would make a great start to my first apartment / condo.

Blog Entries

What made you smile today?

i created this thread essentially for some karmic balance. The bitching thread is too negative, use this one to post about the good stuff that happened to you.

Well today was a good day for me:

- I got a good grade on my physics exam, yes the one that i was sure i would fail

- i got some extra cash from my parents

- A girl i kind of like smiled at me ( lol omg this is such a nerdy reason to be happy :P )

Essentially i'm a happy guy today, i'm even looking forward to your neg reps saying that this thread is spam and that i post too much and bla bla...

Peace out

Can you think of anything without creating a new thread for it? STOP IT.

Edit: So I don't get called off topic:

I scored 100% on a US history quiz. Yay me.
    Now 99% disease free!

Thinking about how my friend accidentally stabbed himself in the leg last Saturday.

Was it a shanking or a steak knife accident kind of stabbing?

I smiled today because even though I'm coming down with flu-like symptoms, I still managed to finish a lot of work and tidied everything up before taking the next couple days off for sick leave.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    Was it a shanking or a steak knife accident kind of stabbing?

I smiled today because even though I'm coming down with flu-like symptoms, I still managed to finish a lot of work and tidied everything up before taking the next couple days off for sick leave.
    He was playing with a switchblade, and dropped it into his shin. We actually didn't know what happened until he had walked away, and there was a huge pool of blood on the floor where he was standing.

I couldn't stop laughing during the Calculus review today. I'm just so easily amused.

My old Spanish teacher gave me six free caramel/belgian chocolate bars. <33

I get to read an awesome series starting.... now!!
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

I passed a course that I was sure I'd fail. I guess they bell curved it big time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Archangel
    i created this thread essentially for some karmic balance. The bitching thread is too negative, use this one to post about the good stuff that happened to you.
    We already had a thread for that, but I won't hold it against you since it had a weird name and no one had posted in it for a while. Anyway, I've merged the two.

It wasn't today, but a few weeks ago this black girl talking to one of her friends really made me laugh when I overheard something she said. Then they started laughing because they saw me laughing and the girl said it was the best part of her day to make a stranger laugh. The whole thing was really and has just stuck with me since it happened.
    Last edited by XanBcoo; Mon, 04-28-2008 at 06:00 PM.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Didn't happen today, but the rain here today reminded me of it.

I was following a cement truck on my way to work, going about 45 mph, and there was a hitchhiker on the side of the road. He's got his thumb out, and looking at me and the cars behind me. The cement truck blasts past him, blowing his hat right off his head like in an old silent film or a Three Stooges show, revealing a balding head. Slapstick movie stuff.

He didn't seem pissed or anything, picked it right back up after we all passed, but it totally made my day.

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    Not so much today, but yesterday I smiled (and just about had a heart attack) because I managed to beat Jordan on expert in Guitar Hero 2.

Also, this year is turning out to be pretty great for gaming as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by complich8
    Not so much today, but yesterday I smiled (and just about had a heart attack) because I managed to beat Jordan on expert in Guitar Hero 2.
    I can barely finish the solo even on hard mode. Color me impressed. I know it can be done, I just still have trouble believing it.

What made me smile today pfff The graphics and the awesome gameplay of GTA IV and that i have bought today a new garphics card>Nvidea Gforce 7950 GT for my Laptop crazy graphics!!
    *¤»~†ǁỐỮ|_ÃÑǁ†‼~«¤* - ˜Þ*»¯†

Blog Entries
    Today:

- I totally aced my math exam

- 2 friends of my presented theit project on class and they were so stoned they just laughed the whole time, it was hilarious XD