Thread: One Piece Forum Rules (Updated 5/4/2008)

One Piece Forum Rules (Updated 5/4/2008)

Here are the new rules to follow in the One Piece forum section:

1. Discussion for single episode fansubbed releases will be allowed, even if they're not from Kaizoku-Fansubs.
    2. Discussion threads will now allow anime content from any fansub release. If you're a Kaizoku-Fansubs only watcher, enter threads at your own risk and be warned that any discussion in there will probably contain spoilers for you.
    3. There will be no spoilers in thread titles (content beyond K-F releases are spoilers).
    4. No manga spoilers in anime discussions.
    5. Our General Forum rules on spoilers still apply here: http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread...ewpost&t=13928

I'm not really sure what has changed in these rules...
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn
    I'm not really sure what has changed in these rules...
    That threads that weren't of episodic nature couldn't contain content, unless explicitly warned, from non-K-F releases.

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    Could we/you get rid of the "sub-forum"? I am a manga reader, and I tend to only care about two kinds of threads: the manga thread, and the current episode thread. Making me click my mouse a few extra times to get to the manga thread is inconvenient. I know, it sounds super lame, but computers are supposed to make our lives MORE convenient, not less.

I 2nd that.
    or just put the manga sub-forum on the main page aswell, like Bleach and Naruto open disscusion.

We'll see how it goes for the time being. Moderating the One Piece forum was beginning to be a pain in the ass with all the spoilers being thrown around.

And now that there's a sub forum, it should eliminate the manga thread and replace it with single chapter threads.

Alternatively, I could just upgrade the sub-forum and make it a parent forum, but for the time being I want to see how it goes.

Also, the currently discussed chapter is almost always in the "Last Post" column, so you'd make the same amount of clicks to get to that thread as you would've previously. Previously you had to enter the One Piece forum and then click on the thread to enter it. Now you just do the same, since once you enter the One Piece forum the thread will be on "Last Post" for the sub-forum. In both occasions you used two clicks.
    Last edited by Munsu; Sat, 06-28-2008 at 06:12 PM.

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    Thank you for considering my idea.

I hadn't noticed that the manga thread is the pretty much always the last post. I will take advantage of that.

Is it allowed to post the Funimation Stream of the newest episodes? While it is indeed subbed, as opposed to the rule against raw posting / raw discussion... the Funimation Stream is available only for those in the United States, whereas not all of Gotwoo'ts population is from that country.

Shouldn't the thread be posted only until a torrent is available for everyone?

While it's sad not everyone can watch it, it's still a subbed episode through and through. The situation is not analogous to some people discussing a raw but rather some people discussing a speedsub while the rest wait for some particular slower release.

Nothing we can do about it. Life's not always fair. Actually it never is.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by poopdeville
    Could we/you get rid of the "sub-forum"? I am a manga reader, and I tend to only care about two kinds of threads: the manga thread, and the current episode thread. Making me click my mouse a few extra times to get to the manga thread is inconvenient. I know, it sounds super lame, but computers are supposed to make our lives MORE convenient, not less.
    Can we go ahead and try and give this a go now that docdan is no more?

Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell
    Is it allowed to post the Funimation Stream of the newest episodes? While it is indeed subbed, as opposed to the rule against raw posting / raw discussion... the Funimation Stream is available only for those in the United States, whereas not all of Gotwoo'ts population is from that country.

Shouldn't the thread be posted only until a torrent is available for everyone?
    Oh, so this is what the stalking and thread reporting was about.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    While it's sad not everyone can watch it, it's still a subbed episode through and through. The situation is not analogous to some people discussing a raw but rather some people discussing a speedsub while the rest wait for some particular slower release.

Nothing we can do about it. Life's not always fair. Actually it never is.
    So its alright to talk about Manga Scanlated in Spanish then? I just read all the rules and there's nothing against translations on other languages. Only raw. One Piece sometimes get a Spanish Scanlation way before than any English one.

My point here is... why don't we wait until the un-official worldwide stream, which Marik was posted, is available? Or until an horrible-subs version is? The only difference against CrunchyRoll episodes is that this stream is free. Should we then post CrunchyRoll episodes if any of us have an account? It would be sad not everyone can watch it, but its a subbed episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Marik
    Oh, so this is what the stalking and thread reporting was about.
    Dude grow up. Not everything revolves around you. Or do you have access to mod tools to acertain your statement?

Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell
    So its alright to talk about Manga Scanlated in Spanish then? I just read all the rules and there's nothing against translations on other languages. Only raw. One Piece sometimes get a Spanish Scanlation way before than any English one.

My point here is... why don't we wait until the un-official worldwide stream, which Marik was posted, is available? Or until an horrible-subs version is? The only difference against CrunchyRoll episodes is that this stream is free. Should we then post CrunchyRoll episodes if any of us have an account? It would be sad not everyone can watch it, but its a subbed episode.

Dude grow up. Not everything revolves around you. Or do you have access to mod tools to acertain your statement?
    Why don't you just wait for the sub version that you can watch is out before you enter a thread? From what I see, rips come out after a few hours after the stream is out.

Sub version is out. Discussion is allowed. Period.
    Last edited by Munsu; Sun, 09-27-2009 at 10:58 AM.