Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Game: Metal Gear Solid 4

I can't even get to play the normal game without getting killed after 10 minutes(first time ever playing a MGS) so... I'll keep away from MGO for now.

Seriously... I had to spend over 10 retries before I finally passed the first scene after act 1 begins.

The place where the tactical demo took place.

"while ego-shooters like CoD or Crysis
    only need a few ours..."

Ego-shooters is NOT a games genre - its some wierd shit made up by one german magazine - its called FPS or TPS or just shooter.

As for MGS4 - it looks wierd to me that you take so long to finish game - i watched all cutscenes and it took me 14h.(stealth killing style :]) now i'll try Big Boss Hard no kill/stealth run. and MGO is imo best net shooter - perfect mix of fast action gameplay(CS lacks this - its just too damn slow), tactical gameplay(UT lacks this) and fun. I'm playing on europe - nick Xelbair. but damn i hate one thing - i chosen my country(Poland) when creating account and now i cant buy Gene exp pack -.-
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

I digress, the best net shooter is definitly Lost Planet, its just so damn fun online.
    -----------------

Lost planet wasn't so fun to me - i prefer mgo - i waited for long time for a fast action tactical shooter - well i'm ut fan(not quake - ut and doom only!) so i love fast action, but other team shooters other than "The Shittiest Game of Universe"(tm) Counter Strike are non existant.
    But mgo has it bad parts - if you have bad luck you can search for ppl on Gronzyj Grad for whole round and dont kill anyone if there are less gamers than 5 AND i have one thing - they dont allow polish ppl to buy addons! i really hate them for it.
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

I've been trying to get back into MGO now that I have a little more time after work these days. However, I keep getting owned so badly that its become rather demoralising.

Well, part of the reason might be that I play with players with higher levels than me, since auto-matching doesn't work for me and I have to host a free battle to play the game. Another reason is that I'm really bad with the right analogue stick, and have trouble getting head shots. At least, I'm slowing improving but it's not fun when you're there as practice targets for the expert players.

Anyone else still playing this? The new expansion packs look quite interesting, with the possibilities of playing as Meryl and Akiba.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyke
    Anyone else still playing this? .
    I'm still waiting for my MGS1-3 cutscene torrent to finish

I've been watching too many shows, so there's jack all quota left every month to spend on it.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

I play it maybe once a week now. I love the game to death, but I just get bored after 20-30 minutes too easy.