Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Gotwoot Awards

Blog Entries
    So will there be a sub forum for this like saman suggested? And will it be held once every 3 months or something?

Preparations are underway...I will update you guys when we have more to go on with the topic. As for the time frame though, I was thinking maybe once every two or three months. At least that way we have some gap between each contest and we'll have more material to work with/think of.

EDIT: Saman, sent you a PM.
    Last edited by NM; Sat, 08-02-2008 at 10:36 AM.
    This fantastic Sousuke sig was made by the one and only Lucifus! Thanks man!

I think one of the awards should be 'Best Turd' of the forums. That would be an interesting contest.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    *bump*....how's things moving along here, with NM dormant for nearly 3 months? I suppose I could help with preparations (whatever that involves) too.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    I've not been at home for the past week, and I still have another week before I can use a computer again regularly, so my powers of organization aren't of much use at the moment. It seems like this will be like the Photo Contest with me and Assassin being the ones in charge.

Look forward to this thing happening before the end of January, though.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Junior
    Is operation 'Awards' still on go?

This sounds exciting! I wanna participate.

Darn, another popularity contest i have no hope of winning. Oh well.

/wanders off

I'm pretty sure you're a chick so you definitely have a chance of winning some of the categories, like the swimsuit competition.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Yes, the GW awards are still in the works. We're just sorting out the logistics of it all, but rest assured, it will happen. I wont specify a time, just because realistically its not exactly a priority for any of us, but at the same time you wont have to wait 4 months for it. We'll do our best to keep to Xan's end of january deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin
    Yes, the GW awards are still in the works. We're just sorting out the logistics of it all, but rest assured, it will happen. I wont specify a time, just because realistically its not exactly a priority for any of us, but at the same time you wont have to wait 4 months for it. We'll do our best to keep to Xan's end of january deadline.

Awards will be nice.... What will be the categories or is it to early to say?
    "The End Justify The Means"

Quote Originally Posted by paper mache
    Awards will be nice.... What will be the categories or is it to early to say?
    In my opinion, if you're looking for anything other than 'bragging rights" out of this, then you're looking for too much.

We're looking to use about 5-10 categories at the moment.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

In my opinion, if you're looking for anything other than 'bragging rights" out of this, then you're looking for too much.
    what is there to brag about???? I'm as humble as they come, I was just asking a question

Quote Originally Posted by paper mache
    what is there to brag about???? I'm as humble as they come, I was just asking a question
    Sorry, I misunderstood what you said. I thought you meant "awards" as in prizes (custom title, larger sig, etc), to which I was responding that you there won't be any prizes beyond being able to say that you won such-and-such category for 2008. That is, bragging rights.

Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo
    Sorry, I misunderstood what you said. I thought you meant "awards" as in prizes (custom title, larger sig, etc), to which I was responding that you there won't be any prizes beyond being able to say that you won such-and-such category for 2008. That is, bragging rights.
    It's all good, I understand, I didn't mean actual "awards" as item related, I just like the idea for more members to start posting more and threads like this will give them alittle push.

holy fuck...
    isn't the 2008 awards limited to users who.. you know, existed back in 2008?

DBZ, trying to weed out the competition

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z
    holy fuck...
    isn't the 2008 awards limited to users who.. you know, existed back in 2008?

DBZ, trying to weed out the competition

lol I lurk GotWoot for like two years before I registered, if that count as anything lol

it doesn't

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    totally doesn't.

(this post submitted as my application for "most regressed" )

Blog Entries
    Does the award for "biggest surprise" go to nadouku for being a guy or to Ani for going gay for him?

"Most deserving of a ban for 2008" should go to Archangel, but he also qualifies for "biggest spammer", "poster of ugliest chicks in a thread for pictures of beautiful women", and "most prolific one-liner shit poster of 2008".

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?