Thread: TV/Movie General Discussion

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by UChessmaster View Post
    That`s what happens when you have a weak argument, it crumbles under any scrutinium.
    No, that's what happens when you argue with people who lack basic understanding and factual knowledge of what they are talking about. Gulldurn foreigners. It's like arguing with 3rd graders. No offense to the 3rd graders.

Nothing super about Batman.
    No argument here, except Batman fought Superman, participated in team efforts to save the universe, and has been around since 1939, so the "test of time" is relative. The first 4 Batman movies were completely forgettable. The last 3 will probably be on "best of" lists for years.

What? Where do you get all this info? And why isn`t it worth the effort? As a person with zero understanding of Hollywood and the foreign market`s insignificant value, I`d like to know.
    It's from living in the US for 30+ years. Look at the earnings figures for some of these movies. The domestic totals are often equal to the international total. 300 million Americans pay as much or more than the remaining 6.2 billion people in the world for the same movie.

Which is why we have five (FIVE!) RE movies, yes?
    Movies don't have to be a huge success to get a sequel. Shit there were 3 Underworld movies and they were all terrible. There are always niche markets where money can be made. That doesn't equate to success, but profit is profit and enough justification to make more terrible movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    I kinda wish you would explain further. I am genuinely interested with what you have to say about it.
    As interested as we are in hearing about the chump change you make on stocks. Are you a millionaire with all that wheeling and dealing yet?
    Last edited by Animeniax; Tue, 05-14-2013 at 08:27 PM.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?