View Poll Results: What do you go to sleep in?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • In the buff

2 5.88%
  • PJs

6 17.65%
  • Shirt+Underwear

3 8.82%
  • Shirt/Bra only

0 0%
  • Topless+Underwear/Shorts

19 55.88%
  • Home Clothes

6 17.65%
  • Any Clothes

2 5.88%
  • Dominatrix Leather

0 0%
  • Other

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sleeping habits - Discuss

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    Is this a snoring/breathing problem? I think I have a similar problem. 10 minutes after lying down, my nose stuffs up and I spend the rest of the night breathing through my mouth while sleeping. I wake up most mornings with a sore throat, especially when it's cold in the room.

I think I snore, and it used to be loudly, but I don't know if it still is, since I don't wake up during the night to a loud snore like I used to. I've been meaning to record my sleep sometime to see what it's like, but I know it will interfere with my sleep knowing that I'm being recorded.
    Yeah I've got that and sometimes headaches drozyness in the morning. It is considered a light syndrome... So the benefits/risk ratio of surgery isn't that high, and it isn"t the place you want to be badly butchered... Since I was butchered in a much less important place when I was a teen, I admitt I fear some mistake now.

So yes, it changes your sleep habits too...

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    One habit I've got now when I sleep is to eliminate all sources of light and sound as possible. Right now that means closing the bedroom door, stuffing a clock under a stuffed animal, and putting an object/box in front of the radio alarm clock to block out the light.

A little excessive?

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Not excessive at all, I'm the same way. I can't stand light when i sleep. I even cover up the lights on my D-Link router, so those blue leds can't bother me. I like it totally quiet, so I don't use a clock at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    One habit I've got now when I sleep is to eliminate all sources of light and sound as possible. Right now that means closing the bedroom door, stuffing a clock under a stuffed animal, and putting an object/box in front of the radio alarm clock to block out the light.

A little excessive?
    Same here.
    And sometimes I can sleep in a train in broad day light... go figure.

To me it's due to micro-awakenings during sleep. You're not fully conscient, but ligt or noise do awaken your consciousness and you wake-up.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

A little excessive?
    Funny thing is, for me atleastI just can't sleep if it's too quiet. When it's too quiet it has the opposite effect for me. It's actually loud since when there's no sound, there's like loud ass ringing type sound if you listen closely enough.

Quote Originally Posted by animus
    Funny thing is, for me atleastI just can't sleep if it's too quiet. When it's too quiet it has the opposite effect for me. It's actually loud since when there's no sound, there's like loud ass ringing type sound if you listen closely enough.
    The sounds you hear are some kind of artifacts your brain produces when there's almost no sound.
    Working in an anaechoïc chamber is the worst!
    You can hear your eyelids sliding on your eyes, your heart and breath are loud, you can hear your joints you move your arm or legs. Totally incredible and hard to bear.
    It's for a good reason that most people sleep better by the sea, even with the waves rumbling in the distance. Or by a torrent or something.
    In fact these mimic a not very loud white noise that covers most of your body sounds, which is important, and prevents artifacts from being produced. Also it's soothing because there's probably some kind of procedure in our brains that always adjusts our hearing. When there's no sound, the brain thinks the hearing isn't working, and as sound is very important for safety (so the brain is made) it increases stress I guess.
    The white noise prevents that from happening, so I think, by analysing things.

Try this for yourself, I personally like Pink and Brown sounds a lot. White is a bit harsh sometimes.
    http://www.simplynoise.com/
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colors_of_noise
    Last edited by David75; Sat, 09-20-2008 at 03:47 PM.

I used to be able to sleep while travelling in a military vehicle, cramped along with 29 other sweating and smelly guys, carry my personal weapon between my legs and going along really rough and bumpy terrain. But then, all of us were dead tired and we can sleep any where, any time, really.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyke
    cramped along with 29 other sweating and smelly guys, carry my personal weapon between my legs
    Oh God, that choice of words.

Quote Originally Posted by David75
    Yeah I've got that and sometimes headaches drozyness in the morning.
    I get this too and also always wake up with headaches. I thought it was just me!

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

It really depends what day of the week it is for me.

For example, if it's Tuesday, I'll:

Strip butt naked
    Jerk off onto my pillow cover
    Throw it in the washer
    Go to sleep in Bed with Blanket

If it's Friday, then I'm more inclined to fart all over my mattress and sleep in my own stink.

I like to keep it interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyke
    I used to be able to sleep while travelling in a military vehicle, cramped along with 29 other sweating and smelly guys, carry my personal weapon between my legs and going along really rough and bumpy terrain. But then, all of us were dead tired and we can sleep any where, any time, really.
    I wasn't able to sleep in the bus, or in the train, even in the army..
    but I still got some funny stories from those times.
    here are two of them.

1. I was called over at midnight to fix one of the tanks at the middle of the night, after fixing it at 03:00, I got into a sleeping bag and placed myself between the two tanks at ground level. the two tanks left at about 05:30, I woke up at 07:00.

2. I was sleeping at a tent with some guys from a different company, around midnight the tent crushed down on us, I tried to keep sleeping for about 15 minutes, and I would have kept sleeping if the other guys wouldn't have woken me up.

(also, countless times of sleepwalking in guard watches and in classes. there are some hilarious stories about me going)

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo
    Oh God, that choice of words.
    Haha i didn't realise that. But it was SOP and safety regulations for us because of dumb asses who sleep and drop their weapons.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

I wasn't in the military but work around them and have their work schedules sometimes. I used to not be able to sleep anywhere except in my own bed (even a bed in a hotel or at someone else's place would not let me sleep well). Now I can fall asleep on a 5 minute car drive, especially after lunch when we drive 5 minutes from the lunchroom back to the office. I can pretty much doze anywhere, except I have to be careful because I snore loudly and it's embarrassing. I think I drool in my sleep too.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    I think I drool in my sleep too.
    Same here. I'm pretty sure I've been seen doing that either during a lecture or on a bus ride. It's embarrassing, but it can't be helped. That's why if I have to sleep in a chair, I prefer those with no headrest so I can arch my neck back instead of hanging and letting it all out.

The first story happened to me earlier this year, and the second one was probably last week.

1) I was on a bus home from uni, and I fell asleep sometime during the 20min bus ride. When I woke up, the bus was in some side alley, and the driver was having his lunch. He must have been really surprised to see me, since he almost spilled his lunch.

2) The bus picked up someone one stop away from mine, (it's around the corner, like 10 seconds), and I thought I'd use that time to sleep. I don't know how long I slept for, but when I woke up, I was way past my house, and walked for an hour back to my place.

But yes....dribbling....why...

Same here. I'm pretty sure I've been seen doing that either during a lecture or on a bus ride. It's embarrassing, but it can't be helped.
    [more of my wacky, zanny, crazy stories from the army]

while in bootcamp, they took us for a week of non-combat, non military practices, basically, a week off without the pressure that we usually had.
    we had classes about history, this and that, that and this, and then we had a class about dignity, prestiege and respect.

it was so damn retarded that I fell asleep in my chair (not that it surprised anyone) and woke myself up by drooling myself ("uhhm.. something is wet... HOLY GOD I"VE FALLEN ASLEEP... WAKE UP, WALE UP!")

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

I usually sleep in my boxer or pj-pants. I go to bed 12ish and get up 6:30. I sometimes go to sleep after work if I'm really tired. Also I can sleep anywhere/time

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    socks+underwear, on my side, bottom arm above my head w/ a crushed-down somewhat firm pillow under my armpit, second pillow (soft) between upper arm and head. Top arm extended straight out, usually propped up by blankets or a third pillow. legs wherever they landed. Usually cover my eyes with an empty, folded up pillowcase to block out ambient light.

I probably get an average of 6-7 hours a night. At 6 hours I'm consistently functional. At 7 hours I'm feeling good, and at 8 I'm feeling great. Tonight I'm looking at about 5 and a half hours, because allergy meds are taking a while to really kick in and won't last the night... meaning I'm going to wake up with a sore throat and feeling miserable regardless of how much sleep I get. Go to sleep in a couple minutes, wake up at 9:30. Probably make it to work by about 10:15, traffic permitting.

I can't sleep in a room without ambient noise. If the noise level's too low, I hear either my own heartbeat or the wisps of tinnitus in my ears. It's one of the reasons I keep either a computer or a fan in my room and on all the time ... just a couple dB coming off a 12cm fan at 1500rpm is enough to let me sleep with no problems, but silence makes my ears ring, then feel hot, then feel hot and pressured (all while the ringing increases), until the sensitivity goes up enough that I can hear my own heartbeat.

On the same theme, intermittent sounds (eg: my heartbeat, a ticking clock) invariably keep me awake too. I can be dog tired and collapse into a very comfortable bed, only to fail to fall asleep because a wall clock is ticking on the other side of the room.

I'm also remarkably easy to wake up. Hearing my housemates coming down the stairs, from 30 feet away on the other side of a closed door, will wake me up. Really, any irregular sound will do it.

Quote Originally Posted by complich8
    I'm also remarkably easy to wake up. Really, any irregular sound will do it.
    Same here. Luckily I can fall back asleep no problem if I haven't had the time to fully wake up yet. That's also why I have to make sure that I leave my bed as soon as my alarm rings or I'll just fall back asleep.

Am i the only one who can't stand going to sleep with socks? Whenever I leave them on during the night not only are my feet a bit too warm to be comfortable but when I wake up I get this really irritating sensation from having the hairs on my ankles and on the top of my feet pulled by the socks all night.
    Last edited by Mr Squiggles; Fri, 10-10-2008 at 04:50 PM.

98% of teens uses or has tried MySpace. If you're one of the 2% that hasn't, copy and paste this in your signature

Regarding sleep habits, I'm finding that either I'm truly a night person, or my biological clock is just stuffed up.

For uni, if I get 6hrs sleep from 12-6am, I'm stuffed. I wake up dead tired, I sleep on the bus there, I sleep half the time I'm there, and I sleep on the bus trip back.

The last two days that I haven't had uni, I've been sleeping at 4am and waking at 10am. I feel fine.