Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gundam 00 Season 2 Episode 01

Gundam 00 Season 2 Episode 01

Direct Download , gg-BSS
    Torrent, gg-BSS
    Funny, although GG is in the label, they said they won't sub 00.
    Edit: forgot that gg is a bunch of trolls. haha

As for the episode, it really blew me away. My only gripe is that Terminexia didn't mange to to destroy at least one of the A-Laws MS. What did Livonze do to Loiuse? She's like the Stellar of 00 in the episode.
    I guess the giant Gundam head on Seravee's Back is just a decoration, like the Nadleeh Awkos. It's better that way than having a Gundam Megazord.
    It's also nice to see Ali using his upgraded Zwei in the new OP
    Last edited by Illrenmazou; Sun, 10-05-2008 at 02:23 PM.

A good episode. Very nice action indeed and lots of new toys. And a totally ruthless regime.

Who was the guy shown just before the ED, though? Other than that, since Ali was my favorite character of the first season, shouldn't he be fighting for the rebellion, against the Arrows? That would give as many chances for a risky fight as possible, which should be his motivation for living. It would also be kind of funny if Setsuna suddenly noticed Ali was his comrade. A lot better setting than have him fight for the boring federation just so that he could face Setsuna.

Who was the guy shown just before the ED?
    You mean the guy who's in a straight jacket in a dark room? That's Allelujah.

OMG Evil Tachikomas! Anyway, nice opening episode, got me right back into Gundam fanboy mode.

Exia did pretty well for a damaged, 5 year old model in a Gundam timeline (compare Strike Gundam in Destiny getting completely pummeled by suits only a year and a half newer than it). The parallelism in this season seems like it's shifting from from Wing to Zeta and I can't say I'm all that displeased since Zeta was pretty entertaining. I'm sure the AEUG/Celestial Being and Karaba/Kataron (wow at least change the name better...) will beat the pants of those dastardly Titans/A-LAWS, until someone who's been hanging around Jupiter for a while shows up and stirs things up a bit with some real GN drives. My money is on Libbons being the reincarnation of Paptimus Scirocco
    Last edited by Yukimura; Mon, 10-06-2008 at 12:46 AM.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    No HD?

Edit: wait, S2, not SD, my bad.

*downloads*

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

I really enjoyed how much shifting of forces took place during the last five years.

- I went into this pretty blind, so I really have no idea who the A-LAWS or Kataron are, but it is very interesting to see Louise with a new hand on one side, given where Saji has now ended up just because he was friendly with some random guy. I wonder exactly how much Libbons has done to her. The Tieria lookalike woman with her at the end of last season is apparently part of Libbons' harem, so I wonder how far he helped her beyond giving Louise a new hand. It should be interesting to see what she does becoming a newbie pilot.

- Shirin being a leader or at least high ranking officer in the Kataron. We had always suspected that she could have been part of something else, but for her to be in an organization that can more or less be called terrorists was very intriguing.

- Soma (ever my favorite) in what appeared to have been a long off-duty rotation, now much older and notably more feminine, heading towards what looked like a very happy life with Sergei. Soma always seems to get the short end of the stick, called back to duty after she might finally be gaining some semblance of a normal life.

- Feldt, older as well, and very happy to see so many of her comrades safe.

- Tieria, not a woman as we all expected him to be, still pilotting a fatty Gundam.

I liked the way they did age progression on most of the characters. It looks well done.

Soma looked damn hot. 'nuff said.

Louise seemed to do little else than hyperventilate (unless her mecha had a broken air supply). She's clearly badly cracked in the head. I wonder if she's fated to die instead of getting saved by Saji. Although I suppose the end of the series could present Saji pushing her around in a wheelchair.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco

Louise seemed to do little else than hyperventilate (unless her mecha had a broken air supply). She's clearly badly cracked in the head. I wonder if she's fated to die instead of getting saved by Saji. Although I suppose the end of the series could present Saji pushing her around in a wheelchair.

bro are you serious nobody ever dies in Gundam

in fact did anybody actually die i know its been almost a year but as far as i can see the whole cast is more or less here + a few new faces did anybody actually die?

and i mean really die we need like a head count or something
    Favorite Gotwoot Mod moment: "Why is everyone in that show black? The art and music are pretty good, and the voice acting is alrite as well......but i can't stand that guy who follows afro around. Hes so, well, black, for the lack of a better term (well thats not true, there is a better term, but i wont use it here)" Assassin

i was raised by this woman =O
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JrR7hPT9Bs

I think Louise will be the dramatic death of this series.

The Lockon thing has been solved now, it's Lyle, Neil's dead.
    Good for an intro ep. Wondering what is going on with Allelujah.. maybe Yallelujah's been born

A lot of headscratchers in this one. Not sure what I can say.

seems ali is in the ending theme in one of the A-LAWS suits probably as a merc again

Lets see...

-Sergei wants to adopt Soma
    -I wonder what Setsuna has been doing these past 5 years?

I was under the assumption that he wanted to get in her pants.

Quote Originally Posted by animus
    I was under the assumption that he wanted to get in her pants.
    Well I guess you could say that too.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    +9000

Quote Originally Posted by animus
    I was under the assumption that he wanted to get in her pants
    I thought he proposed to her too. Damn you old geezer!

I'm personally rather surprised. Setsuna, being the cub of the Meisters, and the one always rushing off only to have his ass saved, performed armed interventions with Exia for 4 years without repairs. Seems to me Lockon's death finally kicked some sense into him. Not everyone will be around to save your hide like that.

Louise and Saji were both in the same boat. Both saw Celestial Being as terrorists, and both lost something valuable to them. Only now one's opening his mind up to accept the bigger picture, while the other's screwed in the head, and probably brainwashed. I'll suspect a little cyborg implant too, the way Libbons is monitoring everything.

ED shows Allelujah using both eyes, which is a bad sign that Hallelujah is gone for good. I liked that guy, so it's a bit of a pity really.

Overall, a good intro that lays out the setting for us. Just hope Sergie keeps his hands off Soma

----------------------------------
    Edit: now that I think of it, Sergei doesn't seem like that type of guy. Looking at the OP sequence (Yes, they played the OP at the end this episode), and the introduction of Sergei's son, it looks like the proposal was between the two young ones. Soon enough, Soma will lean towards Allelujah, but torn between her role as a solder and Allelujah's as a Meister.

I'm liking the much tighter plot of the new season, and it'd be great if they can keep it up.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Mon, 10-06-2008 at 01:28 AM.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Wren
    seems ali is in the ending theme in one of the A-LAWS suits probably as a merc again
    Yeah. I missed him the first time through. Let's hope he's indeed still a merc because I can't imagine him taking orders from some stiff totalitarian military for too long. It would break his image.

The more I think about it, the more interesting the Saji/Louise dichotomy becomes.

Last season, we had two peace loving civilians, neither of which would ever think of violent acts. Both condemned violence, both were horrified during the terrorist actions, and for a while, both were deeply hurt and again equally horrified at how the Trinities hurt Louise's family.

In the present, the two have grown so much further apart without realizing it. While it is true that Louise could barely handle combat, she was "just being given a taste," anyway. This was her first combat action. We just witnessed Louise killing someone for the first time. Wasn't Louise also studying for creating robots and other space things at Saji's University? I wouldn't be all that surprised if the new killer tachikomas are hers.

Saji on the other hand, was only in the wrong place at the wrong time. He never supported terrorism, he just got dragged along. He even had his chance to kill Setsuna, and take direct revenge on the person he believes responsible for all the hardship in his life. But what does he say to Tieria? Paraphrasing, "I would make me no different from you." Saji hasn't compromised his ideals, at least not yet.

The two went to space to be closer to each other, but in the end, the two different methods only have driven them that much further apart.

What makes the whole situation even more delicious is who Louise is most likely working for. Ribbons. Who did we already know works with Ribbons at the end of the first season , confirmed once more here? Wang Liu Mei, who in turn hired...Nena Trinity to work for her. Louise is now the ally of the very person who did this all to her.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    Edit: now that I think of it, Sergei doesn't seem like that type of guy. Looking at the OP sequence (Yes, they played the OP at the end this episode), and the introduction of Sergei's son, it looks like the proposal was between the two young ones. Soon enough, Soma will lean towards Allelujah, but torn between her role as a solder and Allelujah's as a Meister.
    Soma seemed very surprised that the two were father and son. I have my doubts that any relationship was in the works between the son and Soma. One may grow if Sergei dies with Soma and Andrei working together, but it was my understanding that Sergei himself proposed to Soma.

The OP shows Andrei looking at Louise in a corridor, I think it is more likely those two become involved. While Soma appears on the screen in between Andrei and Sergei, but she is definitely looking at Sergei when she fades toward the camera with a sad look on her face.

The OP shows a lot of dead people, people we actually had proof of their deaths (like Christina and the other cyborg guy). I think it might be too early to write Ali back into the show.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Mon, 10-06-2008 at 04:15 AM.

Is it me, or does it look like Christina and Licht are older in the OP?

About Louise, I think Ribbons sort of blackmailed her.. in return for regenerating her hand she must work for him. When she saw Exia, the color of her eyes changed.. so I guess they enhanced her or something. They also give the idea that Ribbons can see through Louise's eyes or something. My guess is that Ribbons really messed Louise up.

About Sergei and Soma, I think it's more about an adoption or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu
    Wasn't Louise also studying for creating robots and other space things at Saji's University? I wouldn't be all that surprised if the new killer tachikomas are hers.
    While that would be kind of ironic, can you honestly look at the wreck of a human she has become and imagine her designing anything more fancy than her own breakfast? The other pilot was totally right when wondering why she even is allowed to pilot. Must be only due to Ribbons's sick sense of humour, or some hidden purpose like a remote control device implanted into her brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu
    Soma seemed very surprised that the two were father and son. I have my doubts that any relationship was in the works between the son and Soma. One may grow if Sergei dies with Soma and Andrei working together, but it was my understanding that Sergei himself proposed to Soma.
    Though iv never liked the idea that the main char has to have a love interest, if the whole SomaXSergei thing is true, then it makes the SetsunaXMarina thing much more plausible. I kinda like the prospect of Setsuna and Marina together. They didnt need to communicate much throughout season 1 to have a stong connection together and from opening theme it seems like their relationship will be a lot more important this time around. Also havent you guys forgotten that Allelujah apparently might have known Soma in her past?. If thats true we might have a possible third candidate for Soma, but then again I know this is a bit of a stretch.
    "Be sure to take this piece of $#!t(meant sheet)" - My dynamics professor(heavy japanese accent)

Sig and Avatar by Lucifus
    Current Games: League of Legends(Fuck, its got me hooked again -_-)