Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Toaru Majutsu no Index

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    No I think he was talking about Index her peacefull little life.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCybercoin
    No I think he was talking about Index her peacefull little life.
    Well, he made some allusions to have suffered to some extent the same as Index has. This doesn't mean that he used to have the grimoires, but I'm sure that the Church or whatver did some things to him just the same as they did to Index. They use them to further they own agendas for the "greater good". Things should be revealed in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    Hmm....you just can't get away from comparing this show with Shana. Fuzetsu anyone?
    I thought the same thing when that happened.
    Ironically, the opening theme is done by Mami Kawada, who also did several OP/ED for Shana.

It's dangerous to go alone. Take Nep.

Episode 3 was very 'meh' on my opinion. I just hope the anime staff also cover the 'Railgun' side of the story, and not just the 'Index' one.

Cute loli is cute, cute loliform teacher is cute, hot girl with randomly missing pant leg is hot, typical main character is typical.

I'm finding the supporting cast funny/cute/sexy enough that I'm hooked into this series. I feel like they might have messed things up by saying the church team isn't going to get reinforcements but I suspect other factions will come after Index to keep the antagonist cast from stagnating too much.

Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell
    Episode 3 was very 'meh' on my opinion. I just hope the anime staff also cover the 'Railgun' side of the story, and not just the 'Index' one.
    They might make another anime for it, since there's a seperate manga dedicated to her.

Good episode. The information revealing was a little random, however.

I just realized that Kaori's voice is also voice by Wilhelmina from Shana.

That was quite a lot of essential information, though it's yet to be seen how much of it was true (at least the male mage was so evil it's hard to believe he would be anybody's friend). Although the swordswoman didn't look like she was lying - or she was just quite an actor. In any case it's a tough dilemma now for Touma: Will saving Index's memory endanger her or not.

I really enjoy the OP's song, very Shana-y.

Quote Originally Posted by animus
    They might make another anime for it, since there's a seperate manga dedicated to her.
    While I would love that, I don't think they will, since Toaru Kusaka no Railgun is more of a sidestory than a full fledged story, that is why I hope they show episodes based on that.

At least I can't wait to see if they show some of Mikoto books of Index's side of the story.

Episode 4...
    Dunno, I don't really liked it. Sure, the information was great, but I find Styl and this girl very idiotic. 'Oh noes, we can't bear to see her smile anymore, so lets follow her and make her believe we want her dead!'

That is pure BS... if Index's knowledge is so precious, why didn't Neccessarius lock her down in a place where she doesn't learn new things or somewhere they can delete her useless memories when its needed,,, instead of freeing her where other enemy factions could get the information of the grimoires out of her?

I am thinking that the only way for her to remain with Touma will need for her to forget the grimoires,,, and no one is gonna be happy with that.

Quote Originally Posted by animus
    I just realized that Kaori's voice is also voice by Wilhelmina from Shana.
    That was the first thing I looked up when Kaori started talking. It turned out I wasn't mistaken.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell
    I am thinking that the only way for her to remain with Touma will need for her to forget the grimoires,,, and no one is gonna be happy with that.
    Or to kill her perfect memorisation ability. Popular opinion tells us that humans use 11% of their brain, while Einstein used 12%. Index can use all 100% of hers, while only 15% is spare for daily use. That amount is more than sufficient if only she didn't keep remembering useless information like the shape of a googleplex of rain drops she sees over a year. So somehow, Touma will have to find a way to to "reorganise" her brain properly, without touching or removing the grimoires.

What I'm confused about right now is why Touma is reluctant to let them erase Index's memories. I would have thought the best course of action is to do it this year, then spend the next thinking up a solution with her former friends. Not allowing them to reset her, yet having no plan to save her otherwise seems like simply shortening Index's life so she can simply keep her memories for a little while longer.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

I don't think Touma has that much of a problem with them erasing her memories. He has a problem of how they are going about it. Sure he might not like it, but if it's to save her life he has no choice. He simply feels they could've handle it better. He questions the motives of why these guys are doing it this way... they make it sound that it's for Index's benefit, but Touma calls their BS since it's really for their benefit that it is being handled this particular way.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    That's what I thought when he was talking to Kaori. He was saying their method of pretending to be her enemy so they "did have to see her smile" was BS and inconsiderate, right? He suggested that they should have spent time with her, and make her realise that even if her memory's erased, she'll have better, warmer ones the year after anway, right?

Then in the preview Touma says "I'll get you out of there", which boggled me.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

That's exactly what bothered me of this episode. Their method is pure BS. But I really don't see a way for Touma to get out of this.

This would really all be much easier if they had Index in Robot Mode just type all these grimoires out and upload them to a database >_>

Shhhhh animus! That would make too much sense. Storing 108,000 books in the brain of a cute loli is far more useful as a story element then having them all stored on a magic hard drive.

I really felt for Touma this ep, he really had no chance of winning that fight except for taking a shot and appealing to Kaori's humanity. I was expecting someone to come save him at the last minute though, I"m not sure I like the way it actually turned out as much but at least it wasn't exactly what I was expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    Popular opinion tells us that humans use 11% of their brain, while Einstein used 12%. Index can use all 100% of hers, while only 15% is spare for daily use. That amount is more than sufficient if only she didn't keep remembering useless information like the shape of a googleplex of rain drops she sees over a year.
    Unfortunately that's nothing but BS, though. The brain is one of the energy hungriest organs of the body, and while these days food is (too) plentiful in many parts of the world, in the past it wasn't so nor it is so everywhere in the world even today, and there's not a snowball's chance in hell that evolution would have develop a high energy organ that only runs at 12% efficiency.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukimura
    I really felt for Touma this ep, he really had no chance of winning that fight except for taking a shot and appealing to Kaori's humanity. I was expecting someone to come save him at the last minute though, I"m not sure I like the way it actually turned out as much but at least it wasn't exactly what I was expecting.
    I actually liked it quite a lot, which surprised me tremendously because normally I'd hate it when the good guy talks endlessly to the bad guy during a fight. However, something about this just clicked. Maybe the fact he really didn't have a chance and had to do it, like you said, making it much more plausible, and also the way he appealed to her. It showed he honestly cares for Index, and it wasn't a lecture as much as calling their BS, yet without offering some better uber solution, which would have been unrealistic considering he knows next to nothing about the situation.

Too darn lazy to login, so just lurking in the shadows instead.
    Aww, I was actually looking forward for a flashback of Index/Stiyl/Kaori's relationship like in the manga... Instead we got a long conversation between Touma and Kaori...