Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Toaru Majutsu no Index

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    Unfortunately that's nothing but BS, though. The brain is one of the energy hungriest organs of the body, and while these days food is (too) plentiful in many parts of the world, in the past it wasn't so nor it is so everywhere in the world even today, and there's not a snowball's chance in hell that evolution would have develop a high energy organ that only runs at 12% efficiency.
    It doesn't run on 12% efficiency, memory retention is only one duty of the brain.

The conversation in this episode was way too long and emo, but I'm pretty happy where the story was going. Must be tough to have your memory erased every year. I wonder, though, how she remembers that they do this. They must tell her what they did after it happens each time.

And it's looking more like I was right about Touma constantly waving his hands in the air to fight. I hope that gets less annoying, since everyone is finding ways around it anyway.
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by animus
    They might make another anime for it, since there's a seperate manga dedicated to her.
    I still have my doubts... but after finding this promo bag's picture... I can only hope it is.

Notice:
    - Anime screens
    - Title 'A certain Magic Index Spin-Off' add in the lower corner.
    - The damn kanji I can't read which has the TV legend.

EDIT:
    Found another picture. Can someone translate it?

Last edited by RyougaZell; Mon, 10-27-2008 at 05:24 PM.

Too darn lazy to login, so just lurking in the shadows instead.
    If it's true, that's great, but I doubt it will air at the same time as To Aru Majutsu No Index, as it may confuse some people.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar

TV(something) decided<-last two Kanji

TV (something) latest news included?<-last 6 Kanji
    Names of two staff/characters?
    Dream (something)
    [A certain scientific railgun?]
    Premiers!! <- All three Kanji.

Unlike Ryouga, I can only guess-read the Kanji.

Maybe between use we can work something out?

(or someone can just translate it for us )

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

アニメ is "anime" in katakana.

So, TVアニメ is TV anime.

Then, after the anime title, you see an SS... which usually is used to mean Second Season... if I had to guess. Like Da Capo SS. Or it could be Side Story.

とある魔術の禁書目録 <-- Toaru Majutsu no Index according to anidb.

とある科学の超電磁砲 <--- according to mangaupdates, this is the title for Toaru Kagaku no Railgun... same as the poster.
    Last edited by Munsu; Tue, 10-28-2008 at 07:40 AM.

Buff:
    At least you can guess them. I can't even do that...

Munsu:

My guess for SS would be Side Story since its already on the first picture.

A Certain Magical Index and A Certain Scientific Railgun... two opposites sides in which Touma gets drawn into.

Anyway... since the title of Magical Index is besides the Tv Confirmation of the first picture, plus that I found out that the cover of the 2nd Railgun manga has those images... I can discard the 1st picture...

Don't know about the second one though. I can't find any information about it anywhere... and the source of the picture is animepaper, so now Im having second thoughts about its validness...

I have no clue when it comes to hiragana or katakana though. Kanji's the only thing I have a chance at.

So "A certain scientific railgun" is a spin off from Index, similar to the Tomoyo Special from Clannad?

As far as I know (without going into details so I won't spoil anything...) A Certain Scientific Railgun details some events from Misaka's POV, which happen between the time Touma fought her and then met Index. Unlike A Certain Magical Index which is on Touma's POV... Railgun follows Mikoto.

Quote Originally Posted by Board of Command
    OP has been released by Nipponsei. Grab it on their IRC channel.

https://nipponsei.minglong.org/packlist/distro/
    Marik already posted it on post #45 =(

Oh oops. I thought he posted an episode, not the song.

Definitely my favourite OP of the season.

It's dangerous to go alone. Take Nep.

While I really liked Mami Kawada's OP songs for Shana and Shana II, PSI-missing just feels like it's missing something, especially in the TV version. When I listen to the TV version I keep expecting the song to make a dramatic upward shift at the end of the crescendo sequence but instead of shifting it just flattens out. It feels like such a shift could/should happen at about :52 in the OP version and/or at about 1:02. The music has been building leading up to those points but then bleh, the excitement is allowed to dissipate without capitalizing on the potential.

I'm comparing to things like ~1:07 into the TV version of Joint (Shana II OP1) where the music builds to a more 'explosive' point and then the song puts out even more energy than it was before for a while. Another easy comparison is to Hishoku no Sora (Shana OP1). There she does a similar thing, not fulfilling the promise hinted at by crescendos. However, Hishoku no Sora keeps the pace and energy pretty high throughout so the crescendos are less pronounced, and the absence of climactic shifts at their ends doesn't leave one feeling so under-energized. The PV verision of PSI-missing doesn't feel like it suffers quite as heavily from this (especially the second verses crescendo) so hopefully the CD version won't either.
    Last edited by Yukimura; Wed, 10-29-2008 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukimura
    While I really liked Mami Kawada's OP songs for Shana and Shana II, PSI-missing just feels like it's missing something, especially in the TV version. When I listen to the TV version I keep expecting the song to make a dramatic upward shift at the end of the crescendo sequence but instead of shifting it just flattens out. It feels like such a shift could/should happen at about :52 in the OP version and/or at about 1:02. The music has been building leading up to those points but then bleh, the excitement is allowed to dissipate without capitalizing on the potential.

I'm comparing to things like ~1:07 into the TV version of Joint (Shana II OP1) where the music builds to a more 'explosive' point and then the song puts out even more energy than it was before for a while. Another easy comparison is to Hishoku no Sora (Shana OP1). There she does a similar thing, not fulfilling the promise hinted at by crescendos. However, Hishoku no Sora keeps the pace and energy pretty high throughout so the crescendos are less pronounced, and the absence of climactic shifts at their ends doesn't leave one feeling so under-energized. The PV verision of PSI-missing doesn't feel like it suffers quite as heavily from this (especially the second verses crescendo) so hopefully the CD version won't either.
    Spot on. For that very reason, Ame sounds better despite it suffering from the same flaws, mainly because it's even less upbeat, allowing you to hear it as an "easy-listening" piece without expecting something dramatic.

Thanks for that link for that album! I am really liking the PSI-Missing song!

Contrary to a popular belief, Toaru Majutsu no Index episodes are made of more than just the OP:

Episode 5 HD - Eclipse
    Episode 5 SD - Eclipse

Downloading it already thanks for the link Kraco. Now if Kurozuka 04 gets released today as well that would make my day

The episode was quite good, but I can't shake the feeling they were dragging it.

Stiyl calling Touma a 'monster' just cause he is an ESPer made me lol... specially since he is a Magician...

I think this was a good episode. You say they were dragging it, but I think this slowish progress was very much needed to create suitably the feeling of helplessness Touma was feeling and the morbid sense of dark obligation those two magicians have been experiecing year after year.