Page 1 of 56 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Toaru Majutsu no Index

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar

Toaru Majutsu no Index

* Based on a light novel series by Kamachi Kazuma, illustrated by Haimura Kiyotaka.

Alternative title:
    A Certain Magical Index
    とある魔術の禁書目録(インデックス)

Genres: action, drama, fantasy, science fiction

Set in a city of scientifically advanced superhuman students, but in a world where magic is also real. Toma Kamijo's right hand, the Imagine Breaker, will negate all magic, psychic, or divine powers, but not his own bad luck. One day he finds a young girl hanging on his balcony railing. She turns out to be a nun from the Church of England, and her mind has been implanted with the Index-Librorum-Prohibitorum - all the magical texts the Church has removed from circulation.
    -AniDB-

Sites: ANN Encyclopedia, AnimeNfo, AniDB, syoboi Official Website

Episode 1: [AoShen] To Aru Majutsu no Index 1 HD.mkv.torrent

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

man is it just me or does alot of this new stuff seem to have really high production values this show could be awsome i really love the OST hope i can pick up bits of it soon

also i love Index and Naoko-san are so cute Viva the Loli >.<
    Last edited by NeoBear; Mon, 10-06-2008 at 05:41 AM.
    Favorite Gotwoot Mod moment: "Why is everyone in that show black? The art and music are pretty good, and the voice acting is alrite as well......but i can't stand that guy who follows afro around. Hes so, well, black, for the lack of a better term (well thats not true, there is a better term, but i wont use it here)" Assassin

i was raised by this woman =O
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JrR7hPT9Bs

I believe its because more and more animes in Japan are being broadcasted in HD, and the anime industry in general doesnt want to have its anime, which looked fine in cable, look crappy in HD.
    "Be sure to take this piece of $#!t(meant sheet)" - My dynamics professor(heavy japanese accent)

Sig and Avatar by Lucifus
    Current Games: League of Legends(Fuck, its got me hooked again -_-)

Ahhah! We got a most excellent choice here:

Episode 1 HD - Eclipse-m.3.3.w
    Episode 1 SD - Eclipse-m.3.3.w

I watched AoShen's version already but it's pretty much a nobrainer which sub I'll be watching from now on.

I enjoyed this pretty much. When we were first introduced to the railgun girl it suddenly clicked. I read the first 2 chapters to the manga "To Aru Kagaku no Railgun" awhile back and I had no idea these two were related. Good to know.

I liked this a lot more than I thought I would. The main characters power is interesting in that it actually has a drawback (balance is always fun). And I found the humor surprisingly fun. I've always had a soft spot for delayed reaction clothes disintegrations.

Hopefully this show will go somewhere interesting, though I don't think we can hope for it to go somewhere all that new.

Missing Nin
    I enjoyed the first episode of this quite a bit. Its definitely one of the series I'll be picking up. Given seeing that Eclipse/M.3.3.W. were subbing it made me instantly download episode 1 and I wasn't disappointed at all. Never taunt a guy into showing you he really can blow up your clothing .

Okay.... I have a new character to add to my harem of favorite characters... Misaka Mikoto...

The AoShen subs are absolute garbage, but whatever.

This series really feels like Shana (a good thing). A lot of contrasting blazing reds, and ice blue's make for a really nice effect ala Shana.

Too darn lazy to login, so just lurking in the shadows instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marik
    [/I][/B]m.3.3.w has withdrawn from the joint due to unavailability of .ts sources for them
    I'm just glad Eclipse is still subbing it.

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar
    I'm enjoying this show as well. Index seems like an interesting character, and being a loli nun is just too cool. Mikoto is a bad bitch as well, and I love how they animate her creating/disrupting electrical flow.

I was waiting for there to be a drawback to his power for a while. I do not want to see Touma raising his hand in the air during every fight for however long this series is going to be. That said, it was clever of him to trip the sprinkler system and give Steele a good old fashioned knuckle sammich.
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

Like Yuki said, balance is always good. Touma's got a potent power that's difficult to harness, and won't work in all situations. Not a one-power-owns-all, he'll have to use his brains when the time comes, and that's what makes this show enjoyable. Index rebooting really shows how she's really just a storage device - something impossible to imagine from her cheery, loli self.

Quote Originally Posted by The Heretic Azazel
    Index seems like an interesting character, and being a loli nun is just too cool.
    Agreed. I'm still not too sure how cool the main character is, but since he didn't run, I think I'm liking this series quite well.

lord i love the OST

hmm not to derail the thread there used to be a site i went to for anime ost's, all i can remember was it had a very basic look with the background being black and all the text being like a teal color, anybody have any clue or anything they recommend?
    Favorite Gotwoot Mod moment: "Why is everyone in that show black? The art and music are pretty good, and the voice acting is alrite as well......but i can't stand that guy who follows afro around. Hes so, well, black, for the lack of a better term (well thats not true, there is a better term, but i wont use it here)" Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by animus
    Maybe this one? Gendou's Anime Music
    thats the one thank you bro i owe you =)

Just watched the first two episodes, and I'm really enjoying this so far. Though he whole nullifying ability aspect has occured many times before, I think this is giving it an interesting take. Just as he might be overpowering against some things, that he can nullify things can make him weaker against others. I also like that it's an involuntary thing, and how it affects even his normal daily life with "unfortunate" accidents, etc.

We'll see how it goes, if they can keep the action well animated and interesting, I think the plot can take care of itself.

Hmm....you just can't get away from comparing this show with Shana. Fuzetsu anyone? It was good to see some background info, though I'm sure this won't be the end of it (info feeding). It's also interesting to learn that magic, the means of untalented people to use supernatural powers, also has its drawbacks in the form of destroying the user.
    The flame magician confused me. Is he saying that he used to house the 103K books?