Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bleach 194

I seriously checked this 2 minutes ago and it wasn't up. Do you have a psychic DB link?

Good episode, expands on Nel's past, a little. I just hate how Nnoitra uses dirty tactics to defeat her and hates her just because "she's stronger than him and a female," which I think he suffers from male chauvinism.

Kind of one-sided that Pesche and Dondochakka wants to protect her from all the harm she's going through, but that's kind of sweet of them to do that too.
    I am training in the shadows.
    Currently playing: All of your games, probably.

Good episode. The background on Neliel was interesting, and a little saddening. Yet another reason for me to hate Nnoitra. Looks like next episode will be a good one, what with the sword release.

The music during flashback-Nel and Nnoitra's fight was amazing... I really liked it. As well as the music that played when Pesche was describing to Dondochakka what their new objective was when Nel went kid-form (even though that one's been done before, I just don't know the name of it).

It's dangerous to go alone. Take Nep.

I liked the episode, definitely. Now that we know that Nnoitra and Aporro have been in cahoots before, I think it is likely they'll end up facing off again with Ichigo and the crew vs the two Espada.
    Assuming they get away from Aporro, which I find a little hard to believe they could but Bleach can do whatever the series calls for, it should be easy for Orihime to be freed and restore Ishida and Renji, and Ichigo also.
    My question is, where did Nnoitra leave Sado? Even injured, by this time I would think Sado would have made his way toward the reiatsu and tried to join in given his endurance.

Quote Originally Posted by kmkze04
    My question is, where did Nnoitra leave Sado? Even injured, by this time I would think Sado would have made his way toward the reiatsu and tried to join in given his endurance.
    Nah, Chad couldn't even regain consciousness after he tried to punch Nnoitra, so he's been there in the same spot as the other Privaron Espada was.

I could always tell by that little tuft of hair sticking out the back that Pesche was actually a cool guy!

Anyway, some things happened with those two I don't understand. So they had their mask ripped off...apparently, that's bad(but not fatal). And somehow, they used to Arrancar, but now they aren't because they have full masks again.

Does a torn off mask regrow whole? Or did they kill some other Hollows and take their masks to cover their exposed faces?

It's all a great mystery! Ooooh.

Ooh, I just realized the implications of having Nel on the team, is she can show Hollow Ichigo how to become an Arrancar! SHOUNEN POWER UP!!

Looking forward to Nel's resurrecion. Hope its as hot as her Espada uniform.

(Ishida + Renji) vs. that weird espada is sooo boringgggg.

Slow start, but overall good. The only thing I hated in this episode was the way Nnoitra hated Nel. Hope to see Nel and her sidekicks get serious for the upcoming battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadouku
    I just hate how Nnoitra uses dirty tactics to defeat her and hates her just because "she's stronger than him and a female," which I think he suffers from male chauvinism.
    While I hate Noitra as much as the next person, I still have to admit he was right to hate Nel. These people are Hollows, which means they were somewhat cracked and/or evil when they died. And moreover, they were badass Hollows to have become Arrancars, eating other Hollows for breakfast and such. Nel clearly wasn't cut out for the job. Much too naive and benevolent based on this episode. Keeping this all in mind, I don't also see anything wrong in a little plot to get rid of someone above you. Suits perfectly the mindset of a villain, and if you fall victim to such a plot, you deserved it.

Aside from that, I hope the Ichida & Renji vs Udon arrancar fight ends soon. It has lasted too long already with such an annoying and boring enemy and totally artificial and scripted feeling fighting. Even the two fools participating finally in a worthwhile manner makes me no happier.

One has to wonder, considering Nel's mindset, exactly HOW she became an arrancar in the first place, since we've seen the process from Grimmjow's perspective.

At what point did the personality we know Nel, exert her personality over all the other Hollows in her menos, and then begin devouring other hollows.

Seems very out of character.

I think author wanted to have a sympathetic and powerful Arrancar be Ichigo's friend so he made one up. Sure the back story of that Arrancar makes little sense when one considers the supposed prerequisites for rising in the ranks of Arrancar but this is Bleach so it doesn't have to make sense as long as the Hero wins and the bad guys either become allies or die miserably everything is normal.

Well, Nnoitra's always been training to defeat her, and using someone else to defeat her proves nothing to him. "Experience?" Nothing is based on experience if you're gonna haul another person to the scene (albeit use your own powers to overcome the obstacle). While I do agree that back then Nnoitra was Rank 8, being weaker than now, so it makes sense that he would scheme something like that.

Nel probably went through the same process as Grimmjow, but they decided not to set that idea because... fans would probably dislike that. We rather have the delicious babe right now than show us how she became an Arrancar.
    Last edited by Nadouku; Mon, 03-09-2009 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Changed the entire format of the text.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder
    One has to wonder, considering Nel's mindset, exactly HOW she became an arrancar in the first place, since we've seen the process from Grimmjow's perspective.

At what point did the personality we know Nel, exert her personality over all the other Hollows in her menos, and then begin devouring other hollows.

Seems very out of character.
    As soon as she grew tits.

Except that the flashback shows that Nel was pretty much the same when she was an Espada.
    Well, Nnoitra's always been training to defeat her, and using someone else to defeat her proves nothing to him. "Experience?" Nothing is based on experience if you're gonna haul another person to the scene (albeit use your own powers to overcome the obstacle). While I do agree that back then Nnoitra was Rank 8, being weaker than now, so it makes sense that he would scheme something like that. :O
    He's saying that he's stronger than Nel, but she kept winning because she had been an Arrancar longer than him. He used Saziel to beat her, but he didn't want to kill her, he wanted her to be too injured to get stronger for a few years so that he could bridge his perceived experience gap, and when she returned, he'd beat her with his superior strength.

But when she turned into a kid, he assumed she'd be stuck like that and he'd never get his rematch.

Whats happening now, is what he always wanted from the beginning. He's had the chance to catch up in experience, and she has a reason to fight him for real. This battle is what he's always dreamed of really.

Well, even if that few years have passed, Nel is still kicking Nnoitra's ass like no tomorrow. Sure, he might have the element of surprise, but now she's releasing her Soul Slayer, which means some butt-kicking for poor Rank 5 Nnoitra. All his sayings are pretty much weak without proof, basically.
    Last edited by Nadouku; Mon, 03-09-2009 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Changed the entire format of the text.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder
    Except that the flashback shows that Nel was pretty much the same when she was an Espada.He's saying that he's stronger than Nel, but she kept winning because she had been an Arrancar longer than him. He used Saziel to beat her, but he didn't want to kill her, he wanted her to be too injured to get stronger for a few years so that he could bridge his perceived experience gap, and when she returned, he'd beat her with his superior strength.

But when she turned into a kid, he assumed she'd be stuck like that and he'd never get his rematch.

Whats happening now, is what he always wanted from the beginning. He's had the chance to catch up in experience, and she has a reason to fight him for real. This battle is what he's always dreamed of really.
    Wow, that was surprisingly insightful DarthEnder.
    Well, even if that few years have passed, Nel is still kicking Nnoitra's ass like no tomorrow. Sure, he might have the element of surprise, but now she's releasing her Soul Slayer, which means some butt-kicking for poor Rank 5 Nnoitra. All his sayings are pretty much weak without proof, basically.
    All things considered, I think he is just playing around with her. He already said that number on her back means nothing and we have not seen anything from her thus far, except that Cero Double attack, that suggests that she is anywhere near Grim's level and we know Nnoitra is stronger than Grim was. So like DE said, if this is the battle he has always wanted I'd think he would prolong it for as long as he can, especially if he knows he is stronger than she is.
    Last edited by Abdula; Wed, 11-12-2008 at 10:21 PM.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Hmm, I really don't think Nnoitra would be the person to play around with his prey. Somehow, he kind of reminds me of Zaraki, where two people enjoy killing each other. But anyways, it is true that Nnoitra has yet to release his Soul Slayer because he's underestimating Nel at the moment. I guess the next episode sums up what will happen between the two. :P

Anyways, Nnoitra's all talk, really. "Strongest Espada", and he's only Rank 5. You think you would be able to believe in his words, but it's very doubtful, since he can't back it up.

I liked this episode and that surprised me. I don't like backstories. I really, really hate them. That puts me at a disadvantage in the anime world. But I liked Nel's story. Maybe because it involved more fighting and a different outfit with major boobage.

Nneitra, I like and dislike. I dislike him because he's such a dirty bastard. But that's the same reason I like him. He's actually a cool bad guy. Someone that actually invokes an emotion when you see him. Great character.

And that is the same reasoning why I hate the other espada, Udon (sorry, I'm sticking with his new nickname). This guy bores me to tears. There is nothing interesting about him. I don't care if he wins or loses. Really, I just don't want to watch when he's on.

Oh, the end credits part kicks ass. The music and visuals are awesome. I like the opening too, but not the music.

Oh yeah, what the hell is with Ichigo getting pushed around by a damn Fraccion this episode? I know he's beat to shit, but that guys like a nobody!
    Except that Noitra hasn't released his Resurecion yet either. And the fact that Nel had to release hers first doesn't bode well for her.