Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bleach 194

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder
    Except that Noitra hasn't released his Resurecion yet either. And the fact that Nel had to release hers first doesn't bode well for her.
    Assuming the release gives an equal jump in power.

If Nel ends up winning it should be interesting. An ally at least near Ulquiorra's level.

I don't see what they are going to do if she can't win by herself though. They are obviously keeping Ichigo out of this fight with the scene you mentioned so it should be just her vs Nnoitra. Really wonder what her release will be though, I'll bet it is over the top vicious looking given her reluctance to fight and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder
    Except that Noitra hasn't released his Resurecion yet either. And the fact that Nel had to release hers first doesn't bode well for her.
    Yea, I just stated that in my eariler post. Nel wants to quickly finish her battle with Nnoitra so she doesn't have to worry about him being in the way. If you wanted to save someone, you would actually want to give it your all in a single blow, rather than drag it out, even though she did say it would put a strain on her body, so we'll have to see how it affects her combat abilities thereafter.
    I am training in the shadows.
    Currently playing: All of your games, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadouku
    Hmm, I really don't think Nnoitra would be the person to play around with his prey. Somehow, he kind of reminds me of Zaraki, where two people enjoy killing each other.
    I don't think you understand Zaraki's character very well. Little can be said about Nnoitra yet, though, as he hasn't had that much screen time yet. We only know he's overly concerned about his relative level of power, though that's no unique thing considering the ranking system of the Espada.

Zaraki wants good fights, not kill his opponents. However, unlike some fool afraid of cutting like Ichigo, Zaraki understands a good fight oft means a deathmatch. Still, it's the fight that matters, not the killing part. If you rewind your memories, you will see Zaraki has left his opponents alive very often if they were opponents worth anything, that is, if they showed they could develop and thus be even worthier to fight again in the future. I suppose that part is outwardly similar to how Nnoitra left Nel alive, though in fact somewhat of an opposite, because Nnoitra left her alive so that he could develop himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    I don't think you understand Zaraki's character very well. Little can be said about Nnoitra yet, though, as he hasn't had that much screen time yet. We only know he's overly concerned about his relative level of power, though that's no unique thing considering the ranking system of the Espada.
    I do actually. I said this:

I wonder: if Zaraki ever fights an Espada, would he even have to use his eye-patch? He would probably toy with an opponent first to see their strength, then determine if they are worth his time or not. Besides that, Zaraki must at least grown a little more powerful, if time was consistent with the whole ordeal.
    Maybe what I meant was, Nnoitra and Zaraki enjoy cutting people.

As for Zaraki leaving his opponents alive, his reasoning of "let them live and come back at him again when they're stronger" makes more sense than Nnoitra's. Zaraki doesn't have any cheap tactics to defeat his opponents since he fights them fair and square, but Nnoitra, on the other hand, is just a coward.
    Last edited by Nadouku; Mon, 03-09-2009 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Changed the entire format of the text.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadouku
    As for Zaraki leaving his opponents alive, his reasoning of "let them live and come back at him again when they're stronger" makes more sense than Nnoitra's. Zaraki doesn't have any cheap tactics to defeat his opponents since he fights them fair and square, but Nnoitra, on the other hand, is just a coward.
    Which is nothing but one more point proving they share little similarity. Nnoitra's only reasons for fighting were to prove he's the tougher mofo (that is, boost his ego), climb in the ranks, and because he's clearly a cheap bully. Zaraki simply gets his kick out of a tough fight. The tougher the better, even if it was so tough it would claim his life. Though I suppose you could say he only really enjoys his own kind of martial fights, not any fancier than imagination zanpaktou releases.

Comparing those two is like comparing a high-school bully and a shaolin monk.[/zaraki fanboyism]

Well, I only said he reminded me of Zaraki, since we haven't seen Zaraki in action in a long time, aside from Bount arc. :O

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    Comparing those two is like comparing a high-school bully and a shaolin monk.[/zaraki fanboyism]
    I lol'd at this one. Point taken, I guess.

Blog Entries
    They had some great filler additions to this episode, i enjoyed it very much.

So Nel is gonna release next episode, having just got back to her adult form i doubt she'll be able to fight at full force and besides the animal hasn't released yet either so i don't know how much of an advantage that will be.

The only way for them to get out of this one seems for either ichigo or orichime take out that numero and let ichigo and nel double team noitra.