Page 53 of 63 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354555657 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1253

Thread: The Internet

It said I have perfect color vision, but I'm far from elite.

That was hard, though.

@Shinta: it's from 0 (perfect) to like 2k (worst)?!.
    Last edited by Sapphire; Mon, 06-17-2013 at 10:07 PM. Reason: corrected
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar

Might depend on the colour accuracy of your monitor though. I've learned that my cheap Compaq monitor from like 2006 turns out to be pretty damn good aside from some gamma imperfections.

A lot of the boxes seemed to be in the right places after I moved all the similar colours randomly to either side though, maybe that helped me out a bit.

edit: I'm guessing your score reflects your number of errors?

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Online ColorIQ Challenge Results
    Your score: 4
    FM Hue Test Results

A lower score is better, with ZERO being the perfect score. The bars above show the regions of the color spectrum where hue discrimination is low.

4 errors in between greenish and yellowish, but closer to the green.

pretty easily solvable by using bubble-sort algorithm.
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Not sure this is such a bad idea, but they're masking cell phone towers as trees in South Africa. I think they could at least make it a native tree so it blends in better:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/08/africa...html?hpt=hp_c4

130808125728-02-cellphone-trees-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Nothing blends in when it's the only tall structure standing out like that, with each looking all weird and shit. What they should do is make it architecturally pleasing and just standardise them across the nation. Sure, they'll stick out, they'll be recognisable.. but at least they'll be pleasing and glossed over.

Now it looks strange and begs your attention while pretending not to be ugly. Someone came up with an interesting idea and didn't bother refining it.

Attaching shit to existing towers is cheap though, I'll give you that.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

When the Japanese notice this, they will refine the idea by masking their towers to look like giant robots.

Americans could just add a big eye of Sauron on top of every tower since that's what the towers are used for anyway in the land of freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    Americans could just add a big eye of Sauron on top of every tower since that's what the towers are used for anyway in the land of freedom.
    No, ours are ridiculously ugly. On the east coast, they're always pine trees...the only pine "tree" in the area too. Typically seen on US Interstate highways. They look like sequoias (wrong side of the Rockies!) with 90% of the branches missing and with liver-brown paint on the "trunks".

I vastly prefer a plain metal tower with red paint on the top parts of it, or the shorter ones that just look like highway lighting.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax View Post
    Not sure this is such a bad idea, but they're masking cell phone towers as trees in South Africa. I think they could at least make it a native tree so it blends in better:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/08/africa...html?hpt=hp_c4

130808125728-02-cellphone-trees-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg
    That's just weird.

But definitely a swing from the overly-metallic-and-polluted flying car aesthetic of the future that people usually anticipate. It actually makes more sense that people who live in highly industrialized areas would want to camouflage that with an illusion of nature and the idyll. At the moment it's a bit uncanny valley, though.
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

One of the main reasons they look like that is probably due to functionality and cost, but I wonder if an architect can redesign them to make them more aesthetic in an urban environment...

Blog Entries

Reminded me of Psyke's kid

Good site for widescreen HD wallpapers: http://wallpaperswide.com/

Blog Entries
    Good find Ani, thanks

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but the whole skinny Hollywood thing is getting out of hand. Look at how skinny Olivia Wilde has become:

180167939.jpg

Blog Entries
    That picture looks shopped as fuck, here's a recent picture of her

Looks fine to me

It's the dress she's wearing. The side panels create an optical illusion due to the contrast. They're pretty popular among Hollywood types these past couple years. Cover the left half of her body with your thumb or hand or whatever and look at the more shaded side of her body where the contrast is less. She's not very curvy. It's about the same as she looked in House or Tron Legacy.

I'm not ashamed to say that I read Yahoo Shine/omg from time to time when I'm bored. edit: Kristen Aldridge ftw.

She's still skinny, but it isn't even remotely worrying. She has a boyish or nearly-waif figure.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Tue, 09-10-2013 at 03:35 PM.

the illusion dress does wonders, the black cat dress is horrible.