^it's good to see Shangri-La there, because i stopped watching at episode 2 (not by choice though), and i've been waiting to pick it back up because 1. i wanted a complete batch torrent, and 2. to hear how the ending fairs.

as for my picks.. trying to remember everything i followed.. whoa, there really wasn't many shows this season... maybe it just seems that way because there's about twice as many airing in the fall?

Tokyo magnitude 8.0 - it was an original and creative series that i thought was done really well. the animation was awesome, and i thought the ending was great.

(i think Sora no Manimani would go here, but i'm still waiting for the last episode :x)

Bakemonogatari - though i was really torn between putting this or putting Canaan because i felt super similar between them the entire season. they both intially got me interested with the premiere ep, but i quickly lost interest, only to find the ending of both to be fantastic.

but enough comparing them. now about why i chose Bakemonogatari. Even though there was literally only 4 episodes that i found to be more than 15% interesting, those four episodes were awesome. it was really hit or miss with this one, but when it hit it was a grand-slam.