Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Manga: The World God Only Knows

Blog Entries
    I'd have to disagree but it's probably just because i'm such a fan of this series, i honestly can't think of an arc i didn't enjoy so far (except for the kami-sama-sensei chapters)

I actually thought one of them would be in Kusunoki seeing as her particular ghost seemed benevolent and she's been prominently featured in 2 arcs. The fact that it takes time for the godesses to restore memories puts her back in play.

Ayumi is certainly an healthy possibility as well but i wouldn't count out some of the others just yet, also her newfound crush on Keima would be all more endearing to me if it came without the actual memories.

TWOGK chapter 115

Okay, now this did feel a little bit rushed. Keima starts thinking about preparing to make his move on her because he otherwise might not be able to get near her, and with Kanon getting all freaked out, she approaches him right away.

On the one hand it is nice because it breaks from the usual formula, but on the other, it felt like not a whole lot really happened in this chapter.

Diana hiding her halo with an umbrella was cute though.

Blog Entries
    The author did warn us that the plot would be moving on more quickly than usual in the last chapter

This might make things harder on Keima though, anonymity is what allows him to capture girls from a neutral starting point so being known around campus as the guy who's close to the idol might work to his disadvantage

Though for now i'm more curious to see Ayumi's reaction in the next chapter

Ah yes. Kanon hugging Keima in the middle of the test surely brought a reaction from Ayumi (and on a smaller scale from Chihiro).

We only needed a shocked face on Keima when he heard her 'confession'.

I do agree with Ryll. For a moment it felt rushed, but I guess it works well. Now everyone will 'think' Keima and Kanon are close, making things harder for him, as Archie stated.

If this manga ever gets licensed... I'm buying it day one...

Chapter 116

T___________T

Blog Entries
    Damn, we got more development in these last 3 weeks than we did in the last 6 months

She's not gonna die though, this just isn't that kind of manga

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    Damn, we got more development in these last 3 weeks than we did in the last 6 months

She's not gonna die though, this just isn't that kind of manga
    I didn't post anything because I wanted to avoid spoiling if anyone by 'chance' hadn't seen the chapter before the link, but its safe zone now.

Kanon is going to survive, but don't know if Apollo's spell was a 'last action'. What I hope is that Kanon doesn't lose her memories again.

The chapter was simply... superb. Confession, revelation, murder attempt... indeed... as you said... more development than last few months.

I specially liked the shocked reaction of their classmates, though I expected more of a reaction from Ayumi and Chihiro. I guess all girls were taken by surprise since the ones complaining immediately were only guys.

One question Archie... does Red Hawk scanlate a week late? Last week I spoiled myself seeing a photo of stabbed-Kanon the very same day Red Hawk released chapter 115.

Blog Entries
    Red-Hawk isn't really a speed scan group... there was one time when they released a bunch at once and managed to catch up but these days each chapter gets released later and later as time moves on

I'll be severely disappointed if this doesn't result in Keima getting probed for questions and jealousy next time he goes to school

Unless Elsee of Haqua decide to spell everybody... they need to have this scene in definitely. Specially now that everyone saw them 'leave'. The Teacher (whatever her name is) hopefully doesn't erase their memories either.

Get your MangaStream contacts to do this series =P

Blog Entries
    It's not the demons who change memories, it's Hell itself, and they're not going to do that unless it's strictly necessary ( power shortage and shit )

It's not the demons who change memories, it's Hell itself, and they're not going to do that unless it's strictly necessary ( power shortage and shit )
    Ahh... yes... I forgot the 'crisis' Hell is going through.

Anyway... I expect (or rather hope) other girls ran out of the exam looking to see what happened with Keima and Kanon (specially since Elsee is not returning)

Blog Entries
    I don't think they're gutsy/retarded enough to walk out of an ongoing exam

I don't think they're gutsy/retarded enough to walk out of an ongoing exam
    Like Keima, Kanon and Elsee?

Heheheh.

How many Goddesses are there? We already have Diana and Apollo... I don't remember if they ever said how many 'Jupiter Sisters' there were

Blog Entries
    There's 3 of them if I'm not mistaken

And yeah, just like them. Gotta love it how Keima just doesn't give a fuck :P

You two have already discussed the bigger parts and are of the same opinion I am, but Ayumi's look of shock was a bit more pronounced than the rest of the class (excluding Elsee who understood what that kind of confession really meant).

I'd still put her at the top for the third goddess candidate. Though it would be more interesting if she wasn't but fell in love with him anyway (been said before a half dozen times, but remains valid).

Ah yes. While I too expect Ayumi to have a dormant Goddess... I think she will fall in love regardless of her recovering or not her memory.

Like Kanon. I mean... its not like Apollo made her fall in love with Keima.

Ayumi, at least, stopped calling Keima by his 'Otamega' nickname and calls him Katsuragi. Renmant or no from chapter 1... she slowly has gotten closer to Keima. She even got 'between' Keima and Chihiro when they were going to train for the 3-foot race.

Blog Entries
    There's a bit of paradox with what you're saying though, if she's the one who has a Godess and has the biggest crush on Keima then her love should be making the sister inside her stronger and easier to detect by the other 2, especially Apollo who's been next to her since they started going to school together

But, much like Apollo, wouldn't the third sister also be convinced that Keima wouldn't have anything to do with it? Apollo never realized that Keima was working with the new demons the whole time, and tried to keep him safe by telling him to go away.

As for detecting the other two, Tenri and Diana are very strong (Tenri has known about Diana for a considerably long time and has loved Keima since forever), and even Diana can't figure out anything more than that her sisters should have been nearby.

Even if Ayumi really loves Keima and harbors a goddess, there's no guarantee that she would approach him for that purpose (for the same reason Apollo pushed him away). I got the feeling that Tenri and Diana bothered to learn about his connection primarily due to Diana's assertiveness. That and she was already active when they attempted to "capture" Tenri. Apollo acted wishy-washy, and who knows what kind of personality the third one has.

@Archie (since Ryll answered as I was typing this)
    Hmmm... maybe or maybe not...

As I see it Ayumi's crush on Keima is slowly building up... and maybe she is still on denial (she has already questioned herself why is she talking with him or similar)... thus stopping her 'love' to strenghten her 'unnamed' goddess.

Apollo, for instance, did not have enough strenght to manifest by herself until Kanon confessed her love. True, its because Apollo 'woke up' that Kanon was able to remember and subsequently confess. But we've also seen Kanon react to anyone mentioning 'kiss' or words similar to 'keima' and 'katsuragi'. Kanon's reaction to this may have awakened Apollo.

Diana, on the counterpart since Tenri has never been 'kissed' by Keima, has strenghtened herself only with Tenri's personality... but Diana has been awake for 10 years. Her current lever power has been slowly growing with only Tenri.

So yes... I think Ayumi has one... but her own denial (and previous... name calling and the like...) is preventing her 'goddess' to awaken. But she is on her way to fall for him... changing Otamega to Katsuragi... getting between Keima and Chihiro... and her reaction to Kanon's confession.

Blog Entries
    I'm not saying that any of them would approach Keima, but that should the Godess be inside Ayumi and should she have such a huge crush on Keima how you both seem to believe then Diana should have picked up at least her faint presence a long time ago

At the very least something should have happened during the gender changing arc when they both got so friendly with each other ( kind of... )

What i could see happening though is the third older sister having a "That's too troublesome" sort of attitude and hiding herself willingly as not to get caught up in the confusion.