Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Manga: The World God Only Knows

Like I said (as you probably were typing) I expect Ayumi's 'denial' to keep her goddess asleep.

Blog Entries
    You know, Keima could just make out with Tenri a couple more times and Diana would probably get all the power she ever needed and more

LOL.
    Anyways... this pretty much confirms another goddess will appear soon... the question would be... who is it?

I stand with Ayumi

I enjoyed Keima's new determination despite the girls freaking out (less so with Diana), but there really wasn't all that much in this chapter that we didn't already know or could easily guess. Just Kanon and Apollo's time limit.

I bet the goddess is within the girl from the bugged game that had the near-infinite loop. Keima was more determined than anyone in the world to see her heart.
    /s

Chapter 118

------------

Damn, Diana is getting cuter by the chapter. Tenri doesn't really do all that much for me, but the personality shift is nice. The demeanor and way she holds herself alone comes off as more attractive (page 2). It must be the confidence she has that Tenri lacks.

What I'm confused about is that now there are six Jupiter sisters. I could have sworn that Tenri previously told Keima and Elsee that there were only three. At least they've named them all. I swear we just witnessed a retcon, but whatever, more goddesses, the better.

It also might give us a clue about who they are. Apollo was the Roman god of song among other things, and the pop idol Kanon was the TWGOK goddess' host. Diana doesn't totally match, but she was very prideful and confident, which while Tenri lacks, Diana has in excess. Well...virginity and purity do I guess. Tenri is super-shy.

I know the rich girl and the karate girl got discounted, but Minerva might the librarian girl, Vulcan likely a girl who likes to craft things, Mars could still be a fighter, so maybe we shouldn't discount the older karate sister just yet. My bet for Mercury is without a doubt Ayumi.

Hakua becoming his buddy along with side-story scenes of Elsee pretending to be Kanon should make for good comedy. Maybe Arch will finally get his wish and the Hakua situation will start getting some real development.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Thu, 10-21-2010 at 06:39 PM.

Blog Entries
    I know, i thought there were 3 of them too but i can't recall why i did. I say we ignore it, the author has done a good enough job to deserve some lenience.

I mentioned this before but Diana's comment on how a Godess might not be "Awakened" until the host receives enough love opens the door for Karate Girl to still have one inside her. It's not impossible nor unlikely seeing as she's starred on 2 arcs already, either the author is a fan or the audience likes her.

Hakua development, fuck yeah! Looking forward to both the tsun and the dere that will inevitably come from the situation.

I was under the impression they were four goddess, but meh, more goddess more goodness.

I actually felt a bit sorry for Elsee, not because she had to become Kanon's double, but because Keima tells her 'to be useful for once, trash'

I haven't been that big fan of Tenri or Diana, but I liked her scene today. She looked cute.

Haqua becoming Keima's temporal partner was great. Looking forwards more of her.

I really laughed at how Keima got rid of his mother.

My candidates for the remaining goddess:

Mercury - Ayumi (Mercury is often related to Hermes, the messenger, and therefore... speed)

Vulcan - Sumire Uemoto (Ramen Girl - She liked to create new recipes... Vulcan is the blacksmith... that the nearest of the captures)

Minerva - Yui Goidou (Drum Girl - Minerva is the inventor of music... and Yui liked music with a passion on her arc)

Mars - This one I don't have a definite candidate... God of War... none comes to mind

Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell View Post
    My candidates for the remaining goddess:

Mercury - Ayumi (Mercury is often related to Hermes, the messenger, and therefore... speed)

Vulcan - Sumire Uemoto (Ramen Girl - She liked to create new recipes... Vulcan is the blacksmith... that the nearest of the captures)

Minerva - Yui Goidou (Drum Girl - Minerva is the inventor of music... and Yui liked music with a passion on her arc)

Mars - This one I don't have a definite candidate... God of War... none comes to mind
    Minerva is much better known for wisdom though, and Apollo for music, which is why she is within Kanon. Moreover, Keima hasn't reconnected with the librarian girl yet to count her out.

Good call on Vulcan. I totally forgot about the ramen girl. She's a likely fit.

Blog Entries
    Why are you assuming the Godesses are all in the girls already captured? Keima only needs to find 1, i'm sure there will be plenty of captures in between finding the rest of them

Because that's the easiest way to figure it out. Even with the Dragon Goddess Radar. The girls with wiped memories still get a bit flustered around Keima, but that does seem to fade as with Mio in the bakery and the karate girl during her sister's arc.

In contrast, the girls with memories are completely different. They blush completely when someone points out Keima (under the assumption Ayumi is still one), or go into full blown confession after being reunited.

Honestly, I don't think the series will bother to add new girls with goddesses in them. There is already a large population of girls that fit the archetypes for the respective Roman pantheon equivalent.

Mars...maybe, but Mercury and Minerva are definitely one of the girls we've already seen. I would be utterly shocked to find that Mercury wasn't Ayumi. She's already far more attached to Keima than any of the other girls, even Tenri and Kanon. She just keeps her distance because she's so embarrassed about the fact that she fell in love with the guy she always verbally abuses.

Good point about Minerva Ryll. You are right... Apollo is the music one, hence Kanon.

I can't find a fit for Mars among the already captured girls, so I assume she will be a 'new character' or even the Female teacher (whatever her name is) that is working with Robot-girl from last arc.

But regarding your theory of Ayumi (which I totally agree with) then... wouldn't that also apply for Chihiro?

Sumire fits Vulcan... but she hasn't really re-appeared as Ayumi, Kanon, Chihiro and Mio have

How would Mars not be the karate girl? Keima has even had a lot more involvement with her thanks to her older sister.

Unless Mars is really good at hiding in the karate girl, or the amount of love Keima generated wasn't enough, he's already proved that she doesn't have a goddess. She doesn't remember him romantically, and given that he has had two arcs involving her, she would certainly have enough lovey-dovey energy to manifest.

They confirmed it the same time he checked out Mio (rich girl) at the bread store. Karate girl still doesn't have any romantic feelings for Keima despite all that happened between them.

The older sister on the other hand...she fled right away leaving her sister officially in charge of the dojo, but isn't that much weaker than her little sister.

Blog Entries
    Calling it right now, Mars is going to be the most violent tsundere in the history of manga

Chapter 119

-------------------------------------

Interesting way of Keima to act now. And lol at all the bullying.

Can we keep Haqua instead of Elsee please?

Chihiro? I know she's had frequent appearances as of late... but I always assumed it was because she's in the same class.

Wow at Ayumi. She's pissed as hell.

Interesting to see Mio and Karate-girl already blackened out.

I'm not so sure about Chihiro, though Keima does have a point. However, even during her arc, Chihiro was pretty mean to Keima. That's just the kind of girl she is. To me, it's pretty ambiguous at this point. Ayumi though, definite.

Chihiro has had bonus appearances because she's Elsee's close friend. Her "new" behavior isn't completely out of character. She's pretty astute in her own right. There's the possibility she's being meaner than normal to Keima because she has a suspicion about how much Ayumi likes him. What girl wouldn't want to defend one of her best friends?

I smirked at Elsee dancing on television with dizzy eyes, and Haqua's line about calling him trash repeatedly for being a two-timer.

Ayumi went as far as calling him 'Katsuragi-kun' before blasting him off to hell. And then she blushed. What more proof does Archie need?

I'll stick to your theory Ryll. I just don't see Chihiro as one of the goddess. She just doesn't fit.

When you think back to Diana and Tenri's first appearance, it was actually Diana who was mean to Keima, and she was pretty vicious.

Food for thought.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell View Post
    Ayumi went as far as calling him 'Katsuragi-kun' before blasting him off to hell. And then she blushed. What more proof does Archie need?
    Archie is not pleased with your faggotry

All the girls retained some interest on Keima after having been captured, it's likely that Chihiro is just lashing out without really knowing why and because it's what she's accustomed to anyway

Ayumi remains a strong candidate, not a sure thing but strong nonetheless. I'd still prefer if the Godess wasn't one of the obvious choices though.