Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Manga: The World God Only Knows

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    All the girls retained some interest on Keima after having been captured, it's likely that Chihiro is just lashing out without really knowing why and because it's what she's accustomed to anyway

Ayumi remains a strong candidate, not a sure thing but strong nonetheless.
    Within Keima's hypothesis and combined with your comment, it is a sure thing. If Ayumi was just slightly miffed the the way Chihiro is slightly miffed and without knowing why, she wouldn't act the way she did in this chapter.

Ayumi has shown interest in Keima previously, multiple times. Her "nostalgic romance feelings" have thus far been expressed through hanging around him, watching him, and subtly (yet clumsily) interfering with other girls (the sports festival). She's been nicer to him overall. Chihiro hasn't changed much (though the coffee/tea is a step up). But now we have Ayumi booting him across the room as hard as she can. That's far from her recent pattern. It's the opposite of what we've seen.

Jealous much? She remembers, there's no way she doesn't.

I just skimmed all the chapters from when Diana was first introduced to the most recent one. The author never actually said that there were 3 Goddesses. When Diana first asked Keima to help looked for her sisters there were mention of "3 realms" so that might have confused some people. She said "older and younger sisters" in the next chapter but i never saw any specific numbers mentioned.

I was skimming however and might have skipped where they mention it, so it's possible that i'm wrong.
    Last edited by Dark Dragon; Fri, 10-29-2010 at 03:24 AM.

Skimmed? Please go back and read properly...

Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell View Post
    Skimmed? Please go back and read properly...
    I just did and still didn't see it anywhere. If you could find it can you please link the page along with the group who did it? It's entirely possible that one group made a mistake when translating.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Dragon View Post
    I just did and still didn't see it anywhere. If you could find it can you please link the page along with the group who did it? It's entirely possible that one group made a mistake when translating.
    I didn't mean to look for the mention of the number of goddess, since it was never mentioned. I meant that this manga needs to be read properly, with full attention, not skimmed.

Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell View Post
    I didn't mean to look for the mention of the number of goddess, since it was never mentioned. I meant that this manga needs to be read properly, with full attention, not skimmed.
    Oh i've read it the first time. I was just skimming through it to see if there was any mention of 3 goddesses.

Nevermind then.

I actually though it was 4 and not 3. And I think it was because of forum talk. Either here or Mangafox.

Blog Entries
    Lol, you read the mangafox forums? That has to be the worst anime forum i've ever seen, it's full of preteen girls and morons, mostly both

Browsed it once and never returned. Probably thats when I read the 4 goddess thingy.

Blog Entries
    Kind of a boring chapter, all we got was some confirmed non-goddesses

Would have been more fun if the author had added some tsun Haqua...

I found interesting that Keima seems to have found a pattern reducing his options to just 5 girls... considering there are 4 goddess left he must be really confident on which girls.

Chapter 121

Who was Tsukiyo again?

Blog Entries
    She was the moon girl

Hakua just shouldn't enter any sort of bathroom when Keima is around

Keima's theory makes a lot of sense but it would mean there was someone else pulling all the strings, shit's getting real...
    Last edited by Archangel; Wed, 11-10-2010 at 12:51 AM. Reason: typo

No... don't remember her... was it the girl who got shrunk?

If the four goddess are indeed all within those five girls... my candidate to NOT be one would be that girl.

Ayumi and Shiori are a given to me, but Im still having a hard time thinking Chihiro and Yui can have one too.

Haqua + bathroom = Win

With this chapter, my last minor complaint is gone. I always thought the plot was too convenient to only have Keima targets as the goddess despite there being others around the world. It might make sense that the teacher is one of the goddess or something even higher and she's pulling all the strings.

Blog Entries
    What i have a problem with is that should his theory be correct then all the goddesses are soon to be captured and i think that particular plot point could be squeezed for a lot more content before its end

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    What i have a problem with is that should his theory be correct then all the goddesses are soon to be captured and i think that particular plot point could be squeezed for a lot more content before its end
    You say that, but there is clearly a lot more going on than a lot of characters know about.

There is the teacher and the little girl, both of whom are trying to capture the traitor in their midst on earth. Their teacher is very powerful in terms of being a new devil, easily outclassing all the others we know combined. She's the one who has been sealing weiss in the super-jars. So why are so many of the squad "incompetent" in comparison? Even their "best," Haqua, barely compares. It gives off the impression that the squad was meant to be a distraction from the start.

There is the existence of Elsie's sister. We know she exists, and unless the author forgot about her, there is a good chance we'll see her eventually. She might even be in with the traitors.

Finding the Goddesses is only the start. Keima then has to protect them, and strengthen their powers one-by-one in order to have them help him in the grand scheme of things, all the while trying to capture more weiss and not getting killed by five extremely jealous girls. If you think Diana is bad inside Tenri, wait until we get another goddess not as easy going as Apollo turned out to be within Ayumi or Chihiro!

I do think Keima's hypothesis sounds a bit contrived, but it makes some kind of sense in the way he was chosen.

Chapter 122

I thought Chihiro was taller than Keima

Blog Entries
    I guess this is what he meant by demon, the reverse of what he's been doing so far

Makes him come out as an asshle but it's notlike the guy has any choice. Good luck explaining that to them once he's done though...