Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Manga: The World God Only Knows

The problem with his plan is that the girls could probably end up hating him... wouldn't that affect the Goddess' power?

As long as Ayumi, Tenri and Kanon still like him in the end... let the others hate him, lol.

I still have a hard time believing Chihiro may have a Goddess within... and the other two have been shown so little after their arcs that I also have my doubts.

BTW... Ayumi looked so cute blushing like that

I think it is particularly bad with Ayumi and Chihiro. They're best friends, I can't see how they wouldn't mention this to one another at some point down the road. The only thing that prevents immediately getting voiced is that the two of them would both be too embarrassed to admit they like Keima, the class nerd.

I'm still pretty ambivalent toward Chihiro. By the end of her arc, it didn't really seem like she actually like liked Keima as other girls have, she just respected him. I didn't see any love then, and I still don't now.

As for the girls hating Keima, Diana is very jealous of Keima giving his attention toward other girls, but since Tenri is more than content just to be close and getting to chat with him, Diana's power grows anyway. I think it could go either way once their respective goddesses (if any) assert themselves. They'd know what's really going on, and maybe talk the girls down. The Jupiter Sisters we've seen have pretty variable personalities. Apollo was flighty and stupid where Diana is clever and prideful. I'm guessing the one with Minerva will be able to reason with her host, but whoever holds Mars is likely to be a problem though, heh.

I know this is the manga thread... but I can't really discuss 'this' on the anime thread...

What do you guys think about the scene on Kanon's last episode on the anime where she talks to her 'mirror'? I don't remember such scene happening in the manga... but it feels to be too much of a coincidence that Kanon talks with another self... specially now with the revelation of Apollo.

Yes... I know it was probably the Loose Soul using whatever means available to press her insecurities... but like I said... wow at the 'coincidence' of 'Another Kanon'

Blog Entries
    They might have just played off the Kusunoki angle, her spirit manifested itself in such a form aswell

I thought it was a subtle homage to the current arc in the manga, but it wasn't really a mirror image like with the Goddesses or Kusunoki. It was long-haired Kanon, from her days in Citron.

It was nicely done though, I liked that part a lot. She came off very evil.

Chapter 122b

Its and Elsee side-story during the current events
    Last edited by RyougaZell; Tue, 11-23-2010 at 11:09 AM.

Blog Entries
    Boring chapter, Elsee isn't my favorite girl by far

According to Redhawkscans... this short side-story took the place of this weeks chapter

Chapter 123

I have my doubts regarding Chihiro and Tsukiyo... but Shiori seems to be a strong candidate alongside Ayumi. No comments regarding Yui.

Blog Entries
    I don't get the last line, is "her" referring to the Goddess? Or just the librarian girl since we haven't seen her in ages?

It probably meant Shiori. Since her character is the quite type, probably many fans were asking the author to bring her back sooner. I don't care / mind either way. But I still do think she has a strong chance of having a Goddess.

Indeed. Tsukiyo seems incredibly unlikely now. However, she wasn't all that sociable to begin with, and she hasn't seen Keima in a long time (unless it was through her telescope).

I definitely thought the "her" was referring to Shiori. The quiet/shy librarian type is a staple in harem series (the bewildering [to me] popularity of Nodoka in Negima, etc.). Shiori was a particularly eccentric type too, since all the dialogue was in her own head.

I started a couple of weeks ago, and am at chapter 63 or so. 'Tis a hilarious and interesting manga!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rockmanj View Post
    I started a couple of weeks ago, and am at chapter 63 or so. 'Tis a hilarious and interesting manga!
    Keep reading, it also gets cute and adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    Keep reading, it also gets cute and adorable.
    Its already pretty cutesy..it gets cuter?

Blog Entries
    In the form of Elsee, yeah.

They've been uploading the 'After' 4-koma lately. I saw Ayumi's today for the first time. Its interesting to see they integrated several of her scenes into the episode itself... and by Archie's posts I can assume they did as well with Kanon (haven't seen hers or Shiori's). Mio's didn't see the light though.

Chapter 124

A twist about "her" reappearing!

------------------------

Very clever play on the emphasis they used for "she finally reappears." Not only do we get Shiori, we also get the now-gender role swapped Yui, as she isn't much of a she anymore. Shiori has a goddess without question, but it seems like Yui might as well. It's vague, but its more like she's acting as if Keima forgot her and forcefully reintroducing herself, the same way Keima does from time to time on his conquests.

I completely disagree with Keima's hypothesis that Tsukiyo has one. She was always angry about him getting close to her. It didn't seem like she remembered him to me, and she acted more or less identical to the way she did in her arc. Rather different from the other girls, Shirori and Yui included. Not to mention that she's not a very exciting character, so I don't exactly want to see more of her.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Wed, 12-08-2010 at 05:03 AM.

Blog Entries
    Playing devil's advocate once again, it's possible that Yui's goal is to ascertain Keima's feelings for her friends and not herself.

I'd be very surprised if Shiori didn't have one, but i wouldn't rule Tsukiyo out just because she's not as interesting as the other girls. They're all clichés one way or another.
    Last edited by Archangel; Wed, 12-08-2010 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    Playing devil's advocate once again, it's possible that Yui's goal is to ascertain Keima's feelings for her friends and not herself.
    Good point. I hadn't thought of that angle and it makes a lot of sense. I guess the follow-up question would be is she finding out for Ayumi, Chihiro, or both?

If it was both, it would be to see if he really does like Kanon or if it is only unrequited from her side.