Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail

I Eat Manga aka I Eat Soul, planned to sub it as well.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marik
    I Eat Manga aka I Eat Soul, planned to sub it as well.
    aka a group that just started, so we can be sure that the first couple of episodes are gonna be somewhat shitty

Quote Originally Posted by Marik
    Crunchyroll Gets Fairy Tail, Sasameki Koto Anime

Hopefully, this doesn't stop the groups that had already planned to sub this show.
    I was adequately sure Fairy Tail would be the most oversubbed show this season. Whether they are quality subs or not...I can't say.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel
    aka a group that just started, so we can be sure that the first couple of episodes are gonna be somewhat shitty
    Look. We get that you are part of a competing group for Fairy Tail manga scans, but aside from some editing techniques, IEM is pretty good. Fairy Tail is not some Masamune Shirow series with loads of obscure words and complicated language. I'm honestly getting a little tired of your group bashing and self-promotion concerning this series.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu
    Look. We get that you are part of a competing group for Fairy Tail manga scans, but aside from some editing techniques, IEM is pretty good. Fairy Tail is not some Masamune Shirow series with loads of obscure words and complicated language. I'm honestly getting a little tired of your group bashing and self-promotion concerning this series.
    Will you pull you head out of your own ass? Binktopia doesn't do Anime, i was only mentioning that seeing how this is their first anime project they're bound to make mistakes on their first releases

As for self promoting, all i did was post some of the work i was proud of and asked for suggestions from fellow manga readers. If that annoyed you, tough

Where did I mention that your group would be a competitor for the anime? I specified manga.

There is a big difference in wording between, "this is their first anime project they're bound to make mistakes on their first releases" and what you wrote in the earlier post, "we can be sure that the first couple of episodes are gonna be somewhat shitty."

As for self-promotion in terms of anime/manga, I had thought there were rules against this in the forum (as with many forums like gotwoot) considering the close ties to AonE. When I actually checked, it turns out there are not, which is why I hadn't bothered making an issue of this until now. The group bashing is a far bigger issue, but that is because you are from a competing group, and therefore biased.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell
    Double fuck.

Dattebayo already refuses to do Naruto because of CrunchyRoll, so I don't think they'll change their minds for Fairy Tail.

And GG doesn't sub anything that has a sub already.

What other groups planne to do this?
    Fairytale seems to be popular enough to at least pull in two or three subbers, even if they're new, one-man teams like [frong] or [tsubaki].

Still, if worse comes to worse, there's always [HorribleSubs]. That option in itself may not last long neither, given how intensely copyright infringement notices have been flying around lately.

edit: - missed a page..

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Blog Entries
    Where did I mention that your group would be a competitor for the anime? I specified manga.

There is a big difference in wording between, "this is their first anime project they're bound to make mistakes on their first releases" and what you wrote in the earlier post, "we can be sure that the first couple of episodes are gonna be somewhat shitty."

As for self-promotion in terms of anime/manga, I had thought there were rules against this in the forum (as with many forums like gotwoot) considering the close ties to AonE. When I actually checked, it turns out there are not, which is why I hadn't bothered making an issue of this until now. The group bashing is a far bigger issue, but that is because you are from a competing group, and therefore biased.
    Well you don't have to mention id specifically since this is an anime thread in the anime section. Biased or not, how does the quality of ieatmanga's anime releases affect me in any way?

I'm a fairy tail fan, i'm hoping that they do a good job but i'm not naive enough to think that we'll get eclipse quality from a group that started a couple of weeks ago

There are no rule against it? Good, then shut up and take it. I'm allowed to express my opinion on a group's release quality, if you don't like it feel free to add me to your ignore list

Why don't you two leave those evaluations until we actually have a sub to evaluate, not a week before that happens..? If you absolutely need to continue the baseless bickering, you can do that in the Pit.

Blog Entries
    ... fuck! - http://www.ggkthx.org/2009/10/05/fai...hizon-dropped/

Well i hope ieatmanga brings their A game

Blog Entries
    Second promo is out

It's starting tomorrow

I've got mixed feelings after watching that.

First Impressions:

Tetsuya Kakihara (Gurren Lagaan, Minami-ke) sounds awesome as Natsu. Perfect fit in my opinion. I wish there was some Erza though, but I think Sayaka Ohara will be fine.

Aya Hirano on the other hand, sounds pretty poor. It just seems completely off in a lot of little ways that add up. Too hyper at times, no dignity behind her voice at all (something I always took away as Lucy having), and a bit overboard on the dramatics. The parts with Lucy grated on my nerves. It's not that it is Hirano playing her, it is that I feel she could do it right, and she's pretty far from it.

Happy sounds a bit...retarded, but that's probably just not the way I saw the character.
    ------------------------

Not satisfied with thinking about not watching this just because of one actress, I watched it a few more times.

It got a bit better after I listened to it a few more times, so I'm hoping she can work it out as she settles in the role. I can probably get used to it after five or six episodes.

Im not crazy for the animation :\

I still can't find Natsu's VA a good fit, probably never will. His voice is just way too smooth.

Blog Entries
    I've got mixed feelings after watching that.

First Impressions:

Tetsuya Kakihara (Gurren Lagaan, Minami-ke) sounds awesome as Natsu. Perfect fit in my opinion. I wish there was some Erza though, but I think Sayaka Ohara will be fine.

Aya Hirano on the other hand, sounds pretty poor. It just seems completely off in a lot of little ways that add up. Too hyper at times, no dignity behind her voice at all (something I always took away as Lucy having), and a bit overboard on the dramatics. The parts with Lucy grated on my nerves. It's not that it is Hirano playing her, it is that I feel she could do it right, and she's pretty far from it.

Happy sounds a bit...retarded, but that's probably just not the way I saw the character.
    ------------------------

Not satisfied with thinking about not watching this just because of one actress, I watched it a few more times.

It got a bit better after I listened to it a few more times, so I'm hoping she can work it out as she settles in the role. I can probably get used to it after five or six episodes.
    I hate to admit that some of your preconceptions from the first video were right but i think i'll get used to it eventually

Only thing i truly dislike is the loli sounding cat.

Hmm... I have to say I didn't much like either of the two. Somehow it didn't sound like they were really into the roles. They could both do better than this. I hope it was just this trailer and the actual series will show more suitable characterization by the VAs.

I'm not going to say anything about the video based on that pixel porridge...

Blog Entries
    Well it's gonna be up in 2 hours

http://www.crunchyroll.com/media-535122/fairy-tail-1/

I'm gonna give that free trial a go so i can watch this asap

Episode 01

[Horriblesubs] Fairy Tail - 01 - 720p | 480p
    Last edited by Marik; Mon, 10-12-2009 at 07:50 AM.

Please tell me this Horrible Subs isn't as bad as Naruto's... I stopped watching them because the subs tended to be out of timing half the episode.

Blog Entries
    They're watchable at best but they get the job done

So the animation was cool most of the times, especially during the magic fight scenes and i love this sort of medieval soundtrack they're using
    The humor was well done too, they managed to convey it almost as well as they did in the manga

One thing i'm not digging is censorship on episode 1 and on something so small to boot. I'll be seriously pissed off if they go "reborn!" on this with no blood or any mild indication of the characters sexuality

As for the voices i love Natsu and i see myself getting accustomed to Lucy but the tsundere cat is definitely gonna be a problem

Overall great watch, hope a nice group picks it up

Awesome user with default custom title Pandadice's Avatar
    i like the part how this is only for subscribed members. you have to pay money to view this legally.

since thats the case, and there isn't any "just wait a week, and it's free" deal with this show, i think DB should pick it up. their deal with Naruto was that it was a legal sub, available within reasonable time, for free (or sooner if you paid). but since this isn't for free, i think they should sub it.

user posted image