Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandadice
    i like the part how this is only for subscribed members. you have to pay money to view this legally.

since thats the case, and there isn't any "just wait a week, and it's free" deal with this show, i think DB should pick it up. their deal with Naruto was that it was a legal sub, available within reasonable time, for free (or sooner if you paid). but since this isn't for free, i think they should sub it.
    It is gonna be free in a week with shitty youtube quality

gg and dattebayo were set to sub this but crunchyroll's licensing led them to drop it... for fuck sake...

I think I'll get used to these voice actors. I already was getting towards the end of the ep. The fight was a bit stretched in my opinion since it was mainly meant to show how much ass Natsu can kick (with all the traditional elements of Lucy and the audience not even knowing he was a mage beforehand). I'm also generally speaking a bit more down to earth type what comes to the visualization of fights so the symbolism (like the dragon image behind natsu and the overuse of the magic circles) could have been dropped. But I guess they needed more stuff for the anime medium.

I'll keep watching nonetheless. It wasn't bad.

Awesome user with default custom title Pandadice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel
    It is gonna be free in a week with shitty youtube quality

gg and dattebayo were set to sub this but crunchyroll's licensing led them to drop it... for fuck sake...
    well maybe you can find CR rips on youtube in a week. but i bet you could find those now.

no, this series will not be available on Crunchyroll to none-subscribed members.

you have to pay $6 a month, or $60 a year (well, you get 2 weeks free trial or whatever) to be able to view this legally.

every other show on CR, that is not-yet-available for none-members says:
    "You're watching a sample clip. To watch the full video, wait 7 days or get a 2-week free trial to watch now." and it gives you a 2 minute clip

however, Fairy Tail says "Sorry, only Premium Members can watch this!".

plus i heard at ANN how they won't be offering it for free. and the episodes will only be on their site for.. was it 1 month or 3 months.. either way episodes have limited streaming time. I think they said it was something to do with the Japanese contract.

i know gg doesn't touch CR things, but DB only stopped because there was a legal free alternative to what they offered. if you take the free out of that, then they shouldn't have a problem subbing it.. unless they just plan to leave it up to Horriblesubs/other CR rippers...

user posted image

Omg, this anime is awesome. Natsu is badass. If the anime is planning to follow the manga then I will just wait and watch the anime.

Anyone else get the feeling the series will be drawn out with only 1.5 chapters an episode?

I think it made sense to make the first ep like this, and I didn't feel it was especially drawn out, even if Natsu's power display was somewhat lacking with it taking so long to beat the fake Salamander. I'm not overly worried yet, after only the introduction.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    I think it made sense to make the first ep like this, and I didn't feel it was especially drawn out, even if Natsu's power display was somewhat lacking with it taking so long to beat the fake Salamander. I'm not overly worried yet, after only the introduction.
    Still you have to be worried about the apparent lack of violence. I mean if they keep censoring that stuff they'll kill the anime for sure

Has the author learned nothing from his previous anime fiasco???

Blog Entries
    Oh man, as suspected and from a completely neutral viewpoint ieatsoul still has a long way to go

I've been talking to some guys i know on that group and they say they're still planning on a v2 for this and are still looking for a more professional encoder so they can move to soft subs

After watching the entire episode, I guess I don't really have a problem with the VAs anymore. The promo took some of the extremes out of the episode, so it made sound much worse than it really was. Aya Hirano is fine as Lucy. I do think she could use a little more dignity in the way she plays her, but otherwise she captures the overreactions and casual sluttiness of Lucy pretty well.

edit:
    FMA's King Bradley as the Narrator is a nice touch too. I thought I recognized the voice.
    /edit

I think the bigger worry may be the animation quality. Frankly, it looks a bit generic at times. The author's style isn't that difficult to copy, so I found the generic look on the characters in certain scenes to be a bit of an issue. The CG doesn't blend in all that well either. If it looks like this now, how is it going to look 50+ episodes down the road? Bleach went from a very nice distinctive style to fairly bland today (though the manga went that way as well for a while).

As for the censorship (though I can't say I recall anything from the manga censored here off the top of my head), Fairy Tail is airing at 7:30, so it is likely they are targeting a younger audience, and just like Bleach, so we just may see some vomited water instead of blood. How early episodes of Naruto escaped this fate, I don't know, but I'd prefer they leaned towards that instead.

@Archie: Real cute, nice barb. Made me smile though.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Mon, 10-12-2009 at 07:25 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu
    After watching the entire episode, I guess I don't really have a problem with the VAs anymore. The promo took some of the extremes out of the episode, so it made sound much worse than it really was. Aya Hirano is fine as Lucy. I do think she could use a little more dignity in the way she plays her, but otherwise she captures the overreactions and casual sluttiness of Lucy pretty well.

I think the bigger worry may be the animation quality. Frankly, it looks a bit generic at times. The author's style isn't that difficult to copy, so I found the generic look on the characters in certain scenes to be a bit of an issue. The CG doesn't blend in all that well either. If it looks like this now, how is it going to look 50+ episodes down the road? Bleach went from a very nice distinctive style to fairly bland today (though the manga went that way as well for a while).

As for the censorship (though I can't say I recall anything from the manga censored here off the top of my head), Fairy Tail is airing at 7:30, so it is likely they are targeting a younger audience, and just like Bleach, so we just may see some vomited water instead of blood. How early episodes of Naruto escaped this fate, I don't know, but I'd prefer they leaned towards that instead.

@Archie: Real cute, nice barb. Made me smile though.
    Glad you smiled <3

I share your concerns about the animation, but i do think the cg made the spells look pretty good. I do see it getting old if they keep using those circles and cinematics in every fight, but if it pops up every now and again for a finisher i'll be very pleased

As for censorship they took most of the violence out ( and no, i'm not counting going bouncing off buildings and into a bell as violence ), a scene where the fake natsu tries to burn Lucy with the mark of a slave, all the blood and the scene where Lucy seduces the shopkeeper for a better deal. I'm especially concerned about this because Lucy's big boobs are the target of many jokes in the manga and to take those out would be something of a blow to the anime's humor

I'm cautiously optimistic nonetheless

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel
    As for censorship they took most of the violence out ( and no, i'm not counting going bouncing off buildings and into a bell as violence ), a scene where the fake natsu tries to burn Lucy with the mark of a slave, all the blood and the scene where Lucy seduces the shopkeeper for a better deal. I'm especially concerned about this because Lucy's big boobs are the target of many jokes in the manga and to take those out would be something of a blow to the anime's humor
    What blood? I just re-read the first chapter and didn't see anything noteworthy in terms of blood. Aside from the branding, it was pretty well covered. A view of her upper thigh combined with probably the largest her breasts are animated in the whole episode (again, inconsistent quality) was equivalent to a lean forward as far as I'm concerned.

Lucy was still just as slutty as usual.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu
    What blood? I just re-read the first chapter and didn't see anything noteworthy in terms of blood. Aside from the branding, it was pretty well covered. A view of her upper thigh combined with probably the largest her breasts are animated in the whole episode (again, inconsistent quality) was equivalent to a lean forward as far as I'm concerned.

Lucy was still just as slutty as usual.
    She's not slutty, she's... sassy

I just assumed there would be blood, but the anime was still visibly less violent than the manga

http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/1/55-56/
    http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/1/65-55/
    http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/1/69/

And the jiggling of the boobs was clearly superior to a wink and some leg

Blog Entries
    [Mamiko] Fairy Tail - 01 - 720p

I edited the first post, it looks sexy as hell now

Edit: Mamiko's translation in quite good in my opinion, but the file size for this kind of image quality is too much. Hope they'll fix that eventually because i'll be archiving their releases, at least for now
    Last edited by Archangel; Tue, 10-13-2009 at 07:50 AM.

I'll have to check this version.

I have no problem with Happy's voice. Mainly because of Kugimiya's role at Zettai Karen Children as Momotarou.

Fairy Tail 01 by KSH

[KSH] Fairy Tail - 01 - 720p | 400p

So there's three groups subbing it even though its on CR. Awesome.
    Last edited by Marik; Tue, 10-13-2009 at 06:55 PM.

Wich groups version is the best, image and translation-wise?

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

Blog Entries
    From what i can tell they're all using the same shitty CR rip, but as far as translations go i think Mamiko is the best so far

I always though Happy's voice had a deep tone for some reason when reading the manga, but after hearing the one used in the anime, I can say it truly works, probably better than I imagined. IMO his character is key in this series. Who didn't smile when he said "Aye!" Or when he appologized to Aquarius together with Lucy when he didn't have anything to do with it. Love it, lol.

Now, I would like to know which group is the one fated to stay in the long run. Wouldn't like to switch groups halfway.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Keno
    Now, I would like to know which group is the one fated to stay in the long run. Wouldn't like to switch groups halfway.
    You would prefer to consistently watch a shitty sub than to swap around the good ones?

If so, go with horrible subs. If you want quality, go with Mamiko for now and then we'll see