Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail

That was quite a henshin for Erza, for sure. However, I don't particularly like that manner of fights where the enemies are nothing but basic grunts unable to use any fancy powers and thus beating them is like stomping ants. Doesn't tell anything at all about the true abilities of the person fighting them. You gotta have a named mage vs named mage in this show to see anything interesting.

However, otherwise it was a nice episode, Lucy trying to give Erza a good impression included. One great thing about the Fairy Tail guild is that nobody treats Lucy as a good-for-nothing newbie but instead like a full-fledged mage and member - although time after time that seems to surprise Lucy herself negatively; no avoiding of responsibilities and especially dangers allowed at Fairy Tail just because you are new.

Is it me or is the guy that was stalking Katsu i think (the fire guy with dragon organs) a ripoff on Shikamaru(Naruto)

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    That is just you. It's Natsu btw.

Oh and..TITania ftw.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Logrus
    Is it me or is the guy that was stalking Katsu i think (the fire guy with dragon organs) a ripoff on Shikamaru(Naruto)
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoCybercoin
    That is just you. It's Natsu btw.

Oh and..TITania ftw.
    He meant the guy from the evil-guild who's stalking Natsu from the shadows right now.

And it's not just him. He screams Shikamaru, even if the resemblance is only due to pony-tail + shadow techniques.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Fairy Tail is rife with homage characters. They're not...quite there, but it doesn't take a lot of effort to see where Mashima was referencing. The guild itself is full of them if you look carefully. When Lucy first enters the guild hall in the second episode and the part where Erza dispenses discipline when she comes back are both full of lookalikes and similarities amidst the regular weirdos.

There are characters later on in the series (I won't spoil them here, PM me if you've read the series and want to know) who's styles I'm positive are a direct homage to particular mangaka.

Erzas transformation.... fuck yeah.

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

Episode 07

[Horriblesubs] Fairy Tail - 07 - 720p | 480p

Thanks !

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

Okay, You can do anything with flames is going a bit too far. Flame grappling hook? Doesn't work.

I'm glad Virgo doesn't look like ...well, this. I sure wouldn't mind if she made more regular appearances as Lucy's staple Celestial Spirit. She's a lot less weird than Cancer, not bitch like Aquarius, and is better to look at than Taurus.

The music pieces have an appropriately grand feel to them. On the other hand, that happy ED feels completely out of place.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    Okay, You can do anything with flames is going a bit too far. Flame grappling hook? Doesn't work.
    Yeah. A jet engine would have seemed far more plausible.

Episode 08

[Horriblesubs] Fairy Tail - 08 - 720p | 480p

That was so over the top that it turned hilarious. But I guess it simply is that manner of a show. Kind of like Gurren Lagann. Except that this goes so overboard even with the cheapness of animation that it's almost amazing; they must have drawn a grand total of five frames to animate the troops marching to the meeting hall. During the fight against the flute demon much more attention was given to the spell initiation than the actual effects. It surely made it look like it was nothing much, just like they said at the end.

Erza has nice outfits, though. I won't be complaining about using time to show them.

Spirit-ramping shounen stuff right there. Animation is pretty shitty, but the music just gets you into the mood. I'm starting to not mind Natsu's dragon in the background anymore now.

Natsu, Erza and Gray could start a guild each, seeing the level of awe coming out of those masters. With the exception of a few named ones, the rest seem to be as competent as those retreating soldiers.

Gray's magic was nice to watch. They even made him a Maker and long-range attacker make him even more different to Natsu.

Wonder when we get to se Igneel :O?

PS: If anyone reads the manga Pm if we will get to see him anytime soon :P

Filler Tail:

Episode 9 - HorribleSubs, and 480p

At least I'm pretty sure it's a filler. I can't remember at all this being in the manga, which would explain why it made no sense to suddenly have it here. But then again, my memory isn't much more reliable than Windows ME, so who knows. Well, the next episode at least seems to be getting back to business.

Blog Entries
    Awesome animation AND fillers by episode 9, i'm so sad i dropped this...

First time ever i can say im enjoying even the filler of a show:P Was funny some magic got used ( dont really know why the use those animations clip each time they use magic seems kinda unnecessary ).
    When Ezra made french fries of the creatures almost looked like she held dual Zangetsu in her hands :P

The author has a good seance of humor at least

The background when Happy eats the fish was epic.
    Last edited by Logrus; Tue, 12-08-2009 at 07:03 AM.

The soundtrack salvaged this ep. Erza's transformation theme rocks. Having that fast track playing over Lucy's cheezy "ding dong" summon make it somewhat bearable.