Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Toaru Kagaku no Railgun

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell
    I wouldn't go that far. Accelerator can still create his own power, based on grand calculations for which he has the brain it seems... whereas Kuroko still depends on what is around her to act. She needs to touch the object/person to teleport... so if the rival doesn't allowed her to touch she could not teleport him/her.
    Doesn't that go for accelerator as well? He can't manipulate a vector that is not there, meaning that his only choice for attacking are either projectiles or physical contact ( well, that and the plasma )

Same deal with her, should she be have objects to project or is able to make physical contact she pretty much has the fight wrapped up. Not only that, by being able to choose the direction from which to strike she can pretty much guarantee at least 1 critical hit against any opponent who doesn't know about her skills, Touma style

Obviously this is all hypothetical, should she be level 5

Mazui Episode 01v2

[Mazui]​ To​ Aru​ Kagaku​ no​ Railgun​ - 01v2​ - mkv | avi

v2 released, albeit rather late, but it's got a bunch of fixes and little less harsh styling so go get. No patch because a different raw was used.

Blog Entries
    321 megas? Fuck yeah!!

Hope they keep this up, this is not a show i'll want to watch with speedsubs and bad raws

Holy. Im getting this version when I go home for lunch... hopefully I'll watch it tonight.

For 3rd time...

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel
    I remember we having discussed about her teleportation powers before at least, about how she added speed to the pins
    I don't recall what conclusions we drew, but Kuroko gave us an enormous hint in the extent of her powers reach in this episode.

Mazui v1, 5:10-17. "I don't want you comparing your ability to mine. After all, 10 dimensions are a whole different story from 3."

If Kuroko can truly transport across 10 dimensions, that means she can affect time, physics, and states of matter when she becomes strong enough, by sending objects through dimensions that operate with different sets of laws than our own.

Once she can actually achieve that, I think she'll be quite near Level 5. She seems to be training for reliability rather than her true potential, which is smart considering she teleports herself and people all the time, and you wouldn't want anything going wrong, would you? Maybe that is why she is stuck at Level 4. She's also a first year.

Blog Entries
    How do you she was referring to her own abilities and not the ojou-sama's powers?

@below: Makes sense, i'll roll with it
    Last edited by Archangel; Thu, 10-08-2009 at 03:23 PM.

Because Kuroko was saying it with pride, as a way to strike back at the insult that the ojou gave her about how she is horribly inaccurate. She was giving an excuse for why what she does is so much more difficult, and therefore why she might not appear as skilled.

A very Kuroko heavy episode. I loved it, because she is completely insane, but consider this a warning if you're not a big fan of Kuroko.

Blog Entries
    Ayako is better than Mazui right?

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    I honestly don't find Mazui bad, but if Ayako releases HD from now on, I'll follow them.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

I had never heard of Ayako fansubs but I will give them a shot especially since it looks like the 2nd episode is out in HQ from them.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalrurouni
    I had never heard of Ayako fansubs but I will give them a shot especially since it looks like the 2nd episode is out in HQ from them.
    I'm surprised you haven't. They've got a fairly big list of works.

http://www.baka-updates.com/groups/info/name/Ayako

Main problem with Ayako is they abandon projects halfway.

I was downloading Valkyria Chronciles from them and they abandoned it after half the series.

Also the fact that their first episode was released only in SD. Or at least I didn't see an HD version from them.

I'll wait for Mazui.

Blog Entries
    Indeed i'll be archiving Mazui as well. Even with my rudimentary knowledge on the Japanese language i managed to find some mistakes with ayako's release anyway and if what you say is true i hate to switch subbers halfway anyway

By the way they're not following the manga are they, Zell?

I thought Mazui kind of fudged the translation in the OP, some of the Engrish is definitely more correct in Ayako, and it's not like Yoshino Nanjou mangles both languages the way singers like MELL do (MELL's arrangements are awesome though). Some of the words are pretty clear, "shoot" being one of them. I'll stick with Ayako if they keep up with the HD releases here on out.

Speaking of the OP, I realized how much Mikoto reminds me of Lina Inverse during the 7 or so seconds when they dramatically show her shoot the railgun. Similar expressions, similar power output, same flat chest.

Yay! Episode 2.
    Downloading

Archie:
    Episode one had slight differences from the manga. I don't to point them out though. I learnt my lesson from the Index thread. Want to discuss differenes, feel free to pm me.

EDIT AFTER WATCHING EP 2:

Great episode. I kinda like this pace better than Index's, where shit went down the drain without reason very fast. It felt more like slice of life.

Loved the scene with Touma at the beginning, although a bit random.
    Last edited by RyougaZell; Fri, 10-09-2009 at 11:10 PM.

I was pretty much smiling, if not laughing, from start to finish, save for when Kuroko really got depressed after the girl introduced her water ability. I actually felt kind of sad for her, which really should be hard given how difficult it is to take her seriously at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryll
    I loved it, because she is completely insane
    Right on! Kuroko twitching in ecstasy at Misaka's "love beating" resembled Liang Qi (CANAAN) so much, right down to their taste for revealing underwear. I can't help but like it.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Sat, 10-10-2009 at 12:11 AM.

Harrumph. Is this series really going to be only Kuroko lusting after Misaka and nothing else? The beginning was nice, though so short and detached, with Misaka and Touma but the rest was very... Well, meaningless. Unless you only want to see Kuroko's antics that won't progress any story or anything else at all. We don't even get any fight scenes with the focus being on that one-sided love affair all the time.

I guess my expectations of this series were simply 95% off. Man, I still don't want to drop the series because scenes like the beginning of this ep keep the flame of hope flickering, no matter how small the flame might be.