Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Toaru Kagaku no Railgun

I'm guessing that things will become very serious in short order, enough that we might complain the transition was too quick. It's only been a month since Kuroko and Mikoto met. I don't think the Sisters have even been made yet, and if they have, Mikoto is doing a very good job of not showing how much it concerns her.

They will probably sneak in some more Judgment work as well.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    I made quick calculations based on the test data we got from ep one, and it seems that for a 7 grams coin, the explosion caused by the impact if still at initial velocity would be around that of 1 gram of TNT.
    I made the assumption the coin does not decelerate because I think Mikoto is able to extend her electrical field enough that the coin still is under its influence when impacting.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu
    I'm guessing that things will become very serious in short order, enough that we might complain the transition was too quick. It's only been a month since Kuroko and Mikoto met. I don't think the Sisters have even been made yet, and if they have, Mikoto is doing a very good job of not showing how much it concerns her.

They will probably sneak in some more Judgment work as well.
    According to the opening and the fact that we only have 12 episodes i think they're only gonna use 1 arc from the manga and will filler the rest.

That shouldn't be much of a problem though, if i'm not mistaken this ep was mostly filler too and i enjoyed it greatly

And by the way i can't believe nobody has mentioned this already but chibi Misaka was just too adorable for words
    Last edited by Archangel; Sat, 10-10-2009 at 04:48 AM.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel
    According to the opening and the fact that we only have 12 episodes i think they're only gonna use 1 arc from the manga and will filler the rest.
    Railgun is 24 eps.

http://www.mahou.org/Showtime

I had no problems with this pacing, since I thought it was obvious that we won't have an episode like this for a long time, if ever again. It basically served as a hilarious introduction of how Misaka and Kuroko met.

I can't remember how old Misaka was when those doctors approached her regarding the experiment. From memory, they asked for her DNA for medical research at first, in order to learn about how one can control electrical impulses in one's body.

From the OP, I'm willing to be that the evil looking scientist broke the "Patient Information Privacy" agreement and cloned the MISAKAs.

I'm pretty sure that's why Last Order was in chibi-form as well.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Sat, 10-10-2009 at 05:35 AM.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Blog Entries
    Zell you douchebag, you told me there were 12 eps!

And here i was hoping this was gonna end quickly so i could have my Index sequel asap...

Then i have no idea what they're gonna do with the other 12 episodes, i've only read part of the manga

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel
    Zell you douchebag, you told me there were 12 eps!
    I believe 12/13 was the original plan, but they decided animate it into a longer (and better) double-season schedule.

As for Index, I don't really care for that. I know it's most likely coming, but Railgun is much more promising right now. I'd have more Railgun than a quicker Index S2 any day.

This OP is even catchier than what I initially thought. I've had the same 1:30 track looped for who-knows-how-many repeats now. Guess the TV-cut will have to do until Nov 4th.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Sat, 10-10-2009 at 08:59 AM.

Bill's source is the only one I've seen that says 24 episodes. ANN and WIki (albeit not that trustable...) both say 12 episodes. AniDB, which is listed as a souce on Bill's page, says unknown number of episodes.

I can't read Japanese to understand the Project Railgun page and see if they say anything either.

And man... I'll spoilerfy it if no one wants to read it... don't worry. Im not revealing plot or upcoming events.

SPOILER

Many seem to believe this episode was mostly filler. But heck... it happens in the manga... the thing is that the studio changed the pace. This episode wasn't supposed to happen for a while...

END OF SPOILER

ANN is a pretty bad source in my experience. They slap 12 episodes onto nearly every series because they know most are going to be at least that long, and they can estimate what days they will air on.

They had Seakitties listed as 12 up through episode 13, and now it is listed at 24. I find it hard to trust episode counts until moonphase lists another series with the same time and day of the week.

Mahou's Showtime! is usually pretty good as well.

Ah believe me, I would be the most interested that this series is indeed 24 episodes, but I won't keep my hopes up for now, only for them to crash at the end. I did remark ANN and Wiki are not good sources. I didn't knew of Showtime's reputation though. I'll probably bookmark it for future references.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    I believe 12/13 was the original plan, but they decided animate it into a longer (and better) double-season schedule.

As for Index, I don't really care for that. I know it's most likely coming, but Railgun is much more promising right now. I'd have more Railgun than a quicker Index S2 any day.

This OP is even catchier than what I initially thought. I've had the same 1:30 track looped for who-knows-how-many repeats now. Guess the TV-cut will have to do until Nov 4th.
    Meh, this is nice and all but it's mostly Kuroko and Misaka fanservice without any real character development

What i really want is that budokai ornament with all the espers like they showed on the last episode

The second episode was horrible. And also it seemed like Ayako's HQ release was really not worth it and Mazui's release was better though I think i am going to have to see if there is a v2 that is going to be released. You could see visually the quality of the vid for Mazui was much better than Ayako.

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    well mazuis is hq too and I wouldn't be too suprised if they were using the same source.

btw this episode was very funny, I like it much more than the first one... especially the end when she drank her "special" drink.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33
    well mazuis is hq too and I wouldn't be too suprised if they were using the same source.

btw this episode was very funny, I like it much more than the first one... especially the end when she drank her "special" drink.

Despite that...the Ayako episode had a bunch of aliasing...around the borders of the characters...that was absent in the Mazui version. And if I am not mistaken I think they were captured from 2 different channels...

Quote Originally Posted by digitalrurouni
    And if I am not mistaken I think they were captured from 2 different channels...
    They're both captured from TokyoMX. See the watermark on the top-right.

Whether they were captured by two different people is another matter.

Overall, Mazui's video looks better, but it has some chugging problems in the OP that Ayako's doesn't. It's as if the vid freezes for a fraction of a second.

Some examples are:

1:08 - lightning in the OP. The lightning patterns are meant to slow down, but not stop like Mazui's does. All these examples you can compare with Ayako's.

1:45 - the two teachers(?) walking down the hall, right before the sprint in police gear.

2:17 - close-up of Misaka after she fired the railgun. Mazui's freezes again.

There are probably a few more that I simply didn't jot down, but that's about it.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Sat, 10-10-2009 at 07:14 PM.

Blog Entries
    I thought the first one was fine but what the hell

Edit: Is it me or was the other raw better than this one?
    Last edited by Archangel; Tue, 10-13-2009 at 05:09 PM.

Ayako - Episode 3

PS: Who else gets the lag I mentioned in Mazui's OP?

Episode 3

[Mazui]​ To​ Aru​ Kagaku​ no​ Railgun​ -​ 03​ - HD | SD
    Last edited by Marik; Sat, 10-17-2009 at 07:45 AM.

-Mikoto's role in negating the stun gun attack could be seen a mile away.

-Of course, this was an easy rat to corner for Uiharu, but she seems to be pretty competent at intel and backup operations. Should be fun to see what she can do in a real Judgement mission.

-I couldn't take her seriously when the ssuspect started talking about her past. Not when the same piano piece was used in Kuroko's anniversary preparation scene.

-Some people might be disappointed about the lack of action this week, but I didn't mind. It all wasn't completely pointless. Plot-wise, the last line hinting at possible corruption in the higher-ups was the single important thing here.

WTF? Lee and Gai have a female friend here.

And what? Must all episodes end with something yuri? LOL.

While indeed obvious, as Bill pointed out, I still loled when the girl was shocked by Mikoto.