Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Toaru Kagaku no Railgun

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    Plot-wise, the last line hinting at possible corruption in the higher-ups was the single important thing here.
    My first thought was that somebody's artificially boosting up easy subjects as an experiment. Kind of like this crazy girl seeking for revenge. She wouldn't have hesitated for a second if somebody had asked if she wanted a litle bit of extra power (even if there was a risk or illegal means involved). But who knows. I don't see why any corrupted higher-up would have altered the files of a nutcase like her. Where's the profit?

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Nice girl's school with an almost parisian looking district.

Regarding the database, they directly think there's a mistake, sure. But it's not necessarily a corruption.
    A database is at best, as good as what you input.

So if for example for the last test that eyebrow girl was purposedly (or for any reason) not at full power, they would not be able to tell she shifted to level 3.

But I guess that as judgment, they have to think of the worst case scenario.

The later would be cool, only if there are a lot more level 5 than expected, and some of them near the level of Mikoto, or even a bit superior so that she gets to progress.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    I meant corruption to simply mean someone's doing something they're not supposed to (unauthorized experimentation perhaps? Or secretly training espers?). Probably the wrong word to use then.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Blog Entries
    Oh the main plot is coming up already, good

Well this was cute and all but i would think they'd save these kinds of eps after building up the story a bit more. I think they're playing on the fact that Index already gave them a solid fan base they can work on

Is this worth watching if you haven't seen Index?

Quote Originally Posted by narutosharingan
    Is this worth watching if you haven't seen Index?
    I find it hard to say it's "not worth it" if you haven't, but I would certainly recommend you watch Index first. It covers all the background information, and gives a better introduction to two of the main characters in Railgun than this does.

Actually you probably don't even need to watch Index. So far it's easily a stand alone title, with no real connection to Index yet (besides seeing Touma for like 2 seconds).

My impressions so far are rather dismal. Not much plot, way too much forced fan service, and no real sense of direction to me at this point. Can someone who has read the manga at least reassure me that it does indeed get better? If it's just gonna be a different sidestory every episode, I'd probably drop it.

Is this even related to the storyline of Index? It's set long before the events of Index (Misaka is only lvl 5 here) but she already met Touma. In Index, she supposedly met him for the first time as a lvl 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Board of Command
    Is this even related to the storyline of Index? It's set long before the events of Index (Misaka is only lvl 5 here) but she already met Touma. In Index, she supposedly met him for the first time as a lvl 7.
    Pretty sure she was still lvl 5 in Index dude. Otherwise there's no point in Accelerator trying to become the first lvl 6 esper.

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    Misaka is a level 5 in Index.
    but there are *7* lvl 5s...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Board of Command
    ... wut? She's been a level 5 throughout the whole series, both Index and Railgun

Anyway the story for now actually takes places slightly before Index, and will eventually start happening during the same time frame as the original, always through the eyes of Misaka

Quote Originally Posted by animus
    Actually you probably don't even need to watch Index. So far it's easily a stand alone title, with no real connection to Index yet (besides seeing Touma for like 2 seconds).

My impressions so far are rather dismal. Not much plot, way too much forced fan service, and no real sense of direction to me at this point. Can someone who has read the manga at least reassure me that it does indeed get better? If it's just gonna be a different sidestory every episode, I'd probably drop it.
    I could answer that... but I would be accussed of spoiling.
    Just keep watching. Its going there.

The only recent series that had Level 7 Espers was Zettai Karen Children... I *did* make that mistake once during Index, naming Mikoto a Level 7... whereas Level 5 is the top Level on this universe.

Index's timeline can't be that far away, seeing as we've seen Touma already. Even if it was just a few seconds.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    From what I understand, Mikoto is currently ranked number 3 amongst level 5s

If my memory is fine, she was ranked number 1 amongst level 5s, hence why she was the primary subject for the experiment enabling accelerator to access the level 6 graal.

Is that ok?

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by David75

If my memory is fine, she was ranked number 1 amongst level 5s, hence why she was the primary subject for the experiment enabling accelerator to access the level 6 graal.

Is that ok?
    Not really, the whole purpose behind the sisters was so accelerator could become a level 6, because apparently this is an rpg and he needed to grind the xp points O_o

She might have been the strongest at some point in time, but that has never been mentioned before

Quote Originally Posted by David75

Is that ok?

No. In Index it was mentioned Accelerator was the number 1 Level 5, that is why he was the one that was killing the sisters in order to reach level 6.

I wonder if we'll ever learn who number 2 is.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by animus
    I wonder if we'll ever learn who number 2 is.
    Like i said, i bet he'll be making his appearance in the budokai tournament

He's probably not number 2 anymore either, i don't think accelerator got out of that last fight without some major damage

I wonder how strong Touma actually is. He takes some damage from Mikoto's better attacks and the spells of the magicians, so I suppose it's safe to say he isn't -5. Maybe at least -4 seeing he can neutralize a lot?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    I wonder how strong Touma actually is. He takes some damage from Mikoto's better attacks and the spells of the magicians, so I suppose it's safe to say he isn't -5. Maybe at least -4 seeing he can neutralize a lot?
    Hmmm? Damage? So far the only spell powerful enough to get in the way of his Imagine Breaker was Index's magical laser, and that thing was even able to take out a satellite !!!

I assume that the computer in her head deducted that a continuous and concentrated attack to a small area would have more of a chance to pass through his defense than anything else.

Direct esper and magical attacks don't cause damage to Touma, but physical ones that alter or affect the environment around him do. That's why the overwhelming majority of Steyr and Misaka's attacks have little effect, but Kanzaki and Accelerator's do.