어떤 과학의 초전자포 (Korean)
    A Certain Scientific Railgun (English)

Type: TV
    Episodes: 24
    Producers: J.C. Staff
    Genres: Action, Comedy, SciFi, Seinen, Super Power
    Duration: 24 min. per episode

Summary:
    The To Aru Kagaku no Railgun side story is based on Kamachi's original story set in Academy City, a city where about 80% of its 230,000 citizens are students. The story deals with the adventures of Misaka Mikoto, one of the Level 5 psychics in the To Aru Majutsu no Index light novels.

Links: Official Website | Anime News Network | Anime DB | MyAnimeList

TV Releases by Mazui:

Episode 01 - HD | SD
    Episode​ 02 - HD | SD
    Episode 03​ - HD | SD
    Episode 04 - HD | SD
    Episode 05 - HD | SD
    Episode 06 - HD | SD

Episode 07 - HD | SD
    Episode 08 - HD | SD
    Episode 09 - HD | SD
    Episode 10 - HD | SD
    Episode 11 - HD | SD
    Episode 12 - HD | SD
    Episode 13 - HD | SD
    Episode 14 - HD | SD
    Episode 15 - HD | SD
    Episode 16 - HD | SD
    Episode 17 - HD | SD
    Episode 18 - HD | SD
    Episode 19 - HD | SD
    Last edited by Marik; Mon, 10-11-2010 at 07:25 PM.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    It's here?! Nice, but I'll try to hold out a little while longer in case Eclipse pops out a HD version.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

After all the hype the series has been given, I can't hold out, and in terms of translation, Ayako is more than adequate for viewing. The video quality was sub-par, and if I'm not mistaken that was an Olympics message shrinking the screen.

I do like that the series has more of a focus on the espers, and even goes into detail about some of the rubrics they are tested by, instead of more of the outsider looking in viewpoint that Index had with the protagonists being either magical or from the general administration's viewpoint , completely "worthless" (Touma). Seeing the variety of tests they take was interesting given the total esper abilities out there.

Of course, the real star is Kuroko. Between her absolute obsession with making Mikoto her love-slave, and her 180 personality switch when it comes to Judgment work, I think she outshines the title star. Kuroko might not win in terms of destructive power, but she is definitely the one to watch out for, given her demeanor. She is not afraid to use her power, and integrates it seamlessly into her physical prowess.

I do wonder how Saten-san will play into the story.

I loved seeing Kuroko shocked at the end when Mikoto's patience finally ran out.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    It's here?! Nice, but I'll try to hold out a little while longer in case Eclipse pops out a HD version.
    Agreed. Low quality simply fails.
    But I guess someone just had to post the thread.
    I'll too shall wait for Eclipse to release a better version.
    Heck, even Ayako themselves state a better version will be aired in two days. The only available versions where crap.

A Certain Scientific Railgun – 01 – released!
    Posted on October 3rd, 2009 by SpiegelEiXXL

rg01_001_23879

“There was this… quality control thing… wasn’t there?”

Yes dear fags and watchers!

This season we gonna do Railgun! Thanks to our inability to get a raw .ts provider any time soon we have to use some shitty 2nd hand raw. We gonna release a v2 with MBS, prolly, since the MX one contains a olympic info blendin, so… well, it airs 2 days later, so we gotta have to live with it.

The video quality didn't matter to me as much. The audio was more than adequate, and Satomi Arai's (Kuroko) performance was lovely in every way possible. Well over half the humor in the episode is all her anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu
    The video quality didn't matter to me as much. The audio was more than adequate, and Satomi Arai's (Kuroko) performance was lovely in every way possible. Well over half the humor in the episode is all her anyway.
    While I completely trust on your judgement Ryll... this series is just one I can't watch unless its in HD... yes... Im spoiled... but I guess I'll do anything for Mikoto.

Yes... I'm screwed.

I watched Mazui's version and the video quality was decent enough. If it was an upscale, it certainly wasn't from a bad source.

The first funny scene was the not overly subtle suggestion that fans buy CDs even if they downloaded (legally) the music first. Must certainly be desperate times for the studios when they sacrifice artistic values for scenes like that. Not that I particularly minded, though, as I considered it only funny.

Not such an amazing episode otherwise. It gives me an impression this series might not possess an exceelingly deep larger plot at all. But then again, even the Magical Index didn't really have one either. Maybe this will be a slice-of-life show, who knows. I liked To Aru Majutsu no Index so much because of Touma's interaction with the other characters so I'll have to see how much I can like this show without Touma being there (other than in the background doing nothing). Since I have little interest in yuri, Kuroko's antics aren't that interesting for me personally.

Blog Entries
    We're sure that eclipse is picking this up right?

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    Since I have little interest in yuri, Kuroko's antics aren't that interesting for me personally.
    It is the dichotomy between her antics and the cold, confident, authoritative, and strategic side that make her so amusing.

I wouldn't really categorize them as yuri either, since Kuroko pushes it way too far. She planned to drug Mikoto with aphrodisiacs and take her to a love hotel after all. Even Kanako in Maria+Holic wasn't that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu
    She planned to drug Mikoto with aphrodisiacs and take her to a love hotel after all. Even Kanako in Maria+Holic wasn't that bad.
    Haha, I loved that part. The way she had everything planned out in her notebook was just great.

I enjoyed the episode as a whole, but I really can't stand Kuroko's voice. She kind of sounds like a old hag instead of a young female student and I can't help thinking of Peke every time she speaks.

This first ep didn't pull me in as much as I thought it would, I think that like Kraco I was missing Touma's presence as well as a sense of a larger plot. While I am certainly a fan of yuri the idea of Kuroko x Mikoto doesn't do much for me either. For one I tended to see Mikoto as a gender-neutral character, which is to say if the character was exactly the same but male and I don't think it would affect my feelings or impression of the character that much. Additionally, I pretty much got used to Kuroko's genki/obsessive personality back in Index and it seems somewhere between neutral and annoying to me at this point. I'm much more interested in Kuroko when she gets serious against her enemies, I love her ruthlessness as well as her powers and how she uses them. The jury's still out for me on the two new girls but their first impressions didn't leave much of an impression at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel
    We're sure that eclipse is picking this up right?
    Eclipse has been removed from the fansub wikia regarding Railgun. And from lurking in the chat room it seems they lost several translators.

Thus, I went for Mazui's version. Don't know about the translation, since I don't know Japanese, but it didn't read wrong. The video quality was great as well. As Kraco already mentioned, it was good enough to watch.

I like the small changes done from the manga to this adaptation. Im still a Mikoto-tard... but I think I'll soon become a Kuroko-tard as well.

Saten and Uiharu were already on Index opening videos. Funny enough, thats their only appearences at Index. Im glad to finally see them interacting in the story.

Anyone knows how long this will be? I hope for 26 episodes.

BTW...
    Am I imagining things... or was Shakugan no Shana there at 15:00?

I also love the fact that the opening had an inverted scene from Index's opening. Touma passing besides Mikoto, who is giving her back to us, before Kuroko jumps on her. The scene is replicated from Mikoto's perspective this time around.
    Last edited by RyougaZell; Sun, 10-04-2009 at 04:22 PM.

No you weren't imagining things, think there's suppose to be characters from Toradora in the line as well when Mikoto falls to the ground. If I'm not completely off Touma is suppose to make a couple of appearances, not sure if it's suppose to be him before the mind thingie or after though.
    You are here alone again
    In your sweet insanity
    All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
    Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
    When all the world turns away to leave you lonely

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell
    I like the small changes done from the manga to this adaptation. Im still a Mikoto-tard... but I think I'll soon become a Kuroko-tard as well.

BTW...
    Am I imagining things... or was Shakugan no Shana there at 15:00?

I also love the fact that the opening had an inverted scene from Index's opening. Touma passing besides Mikoto, who is giving her back to us, before Kuroko jumps on her. The scene is replicated from Mikoto's perspective this time around.
    Yeah, those changes make it alot more entertaining for those of us who have already read a bit of the manga

... how the hell did you catch that? It's half of her and she's backwards! Did you analyze every render of the episode?

That wasn't the opening it was the ending, and a damn good ending too.

I've only read like 5 chapters but i think Touma does make at least 1 appearance. Personally i hope it's more than that, i know that this is supposed to be all about Misaka but without her tsunderism she's just not as entertaining

I was re-watching the scene because I wanted to see Mikoto despair over not getting the frog keychain when Shana catched my eye. And the girl besides her is the big breasted girl that is the rival of Shana, whatever her name was.

I don't see anybody from Toradora though, as fireheart pointed out.

The sequence was indeed at the ending, but it will be the opening song following next week's episode. 'only my railgun'

While I like that Mikoto got mad because the guy kicked Saten... there is just something I miss from having Mikoto zap the guy just because he dropped her crepe on her clothes.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell
    I was re-watching the scene because I wanted to see Mikoto despair over not getting the frog keychain when Shana catched my eye. And the girl besides her is the big breasted girl that is the rival of Shana, whatever her name was.

I don't see anybody from Toradora though, as fireheart pointed out.

The sequence was indeed at the ending, but it will be the opening song following next week's episode. 'only my railgun'

While I like that Mikoto got mad because the guy kicked Saten... there is just something I miss from having Mikoto zap the guy just because he dropped her crepe on her clothes.
    Haha yeah, she blasted him to kingdom kong while saying it was self defense

At 15:17, i think the 2 first guys on the row are from ToraDora

I think i'll enjoy watching this, but i'm hoping it ends asap so the studio can get cracking on that Index sequel

I watched Mazui's release and it was pretty bad. I really hope there will be some better group for this series. It would be a travesty for Mazui and Ayako to be the only choices.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Board of Command
    I watched Mazui's release and it was pretty bad. I really hope there will be some better group for this series. It would be a travesty for Mazui and Ayako to be the only choices.
    Their raws are always shit but the Tl isn't half bad

That wasn't the opening it was the ending, and a damn good ending too.
    As RZ pointed out, it will indeed be the OP, and while I read it somewhere else first, I definitely recognized Sugoi Sugoi-chan from CANAAN as the singer.

Their raws are always shit but the Tl isn't half bad
    I thought the video was fine. It was the lack of editing/qc that really bugged me. Grammar mistakes galore.