Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gundam 00 The Movie

God I really loved the Gundam 00 series more that any of the other ones. Hope the movie is good, I really loved the 2nd op by Ash Like Snow.
    No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you when he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you. I am your enemy from now on. From now on, I am your teacher."
    -Mazer Rackham

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Ash Like Snow was certainly an enjoyable song. If I had to pick my favourites though, I'd have to take the EDs. Protype, Trust You and Friends top my list.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

We got a title for the movie now: "A wakening of the Trailblazer"

Latest trailer courtesy RC:

http://randomc.net/2010/05/14/gundam...ovie-trailers/
    "Be sure to take this piece of $#!t(meant sheet)" - My dynamics professor(heavy japanese accent)

Sig and Avatar by Lucifus
    Current Games: League of Legends(Fuck, its got me hooked again -_-)

Not enough Soma

YAY! Graham and Setsuna fights, I have always enjoyed their rivalry its like a knight vs a samurai. Setsuna also has fangs! and the new models look bad ass though, especially Hallelujah's.
    No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you when he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you. I am your enemy from now on. From now on, I am your teacher."
    -Mazer Rackham

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    Not enough Soma
    Let's hope there'll be enough in the actual movie. It's not like she'd be the main character so it's pure luck if she gets a role so significant it wrrants much screen time.

[RobotUnicorn] Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - A wakening of the Trailblazer (1080p BDRip x264 AC3 5.1ch)

No idea if it's any good though be warned it's 8gb

Edit: Seems to be the RAW, sorry
    Last edited by fireheart; Wed, 12-29-2010 at 06:00 PM.
    You are here alone again
    In your sweet insanity
    All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
    Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
    When all the world turns away to leave you lonely

Quote Originally Posted by fireheart View Post
    I downloaded the sample. It doesn't have any subs.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    I downloaded the sample. It doesn't have any subs.
    It's posted in the Raw section on Nyaa, so more than likely it's not subbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Marik View Post
    It's posted in the Raw section on Nyaa, so more than likely it's not subbed.
    Weird wonder why they posted it up on the translated in toshokan, but since it seems to be the RAW I apologize if I got anyones hope up.
    You are here alone again
    In your sweet insanity
    All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
    Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
    When all the world turns away to leave you lonely

gSS Release

Last edited by Marik; Mon, 01-03-2011 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Removed DDLs because they are down.

Dang... wish I had seen this post earlier so I could have let it downloading at home and watch tonight

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    i think we're being trolled pretty hard with this release.

and it also feels like this movie is complete and utter ridiculous bullshit.

i'm going to wait for a group that isn't a bunch of immature trolls to release this. then i'm probably going to hate it anyway...

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Did gSS troll the script or some such?

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    I've seen a small part of what I downloaded but the subs look normal.

EDIT: I see that they didn't translate some words like kisame-ra and ore-tatsi. Also...Celestial Being is something completely different now. They just translated how it sounds....
    Last edited by NeoCybercoin; Tue, 01-04-2011 at 04:53 AM.

Those kind of translations were only in the first few minutes. You'll kind of understand it after the first scene. After that the translations are normal and are pretty good.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    Quote Originally Posted by Harima Kenji View Post
    Those kind of translations were only in the first few minutes. You'll kind of understand it after the first scene. After that the translations are normal and are pretty good.
    if somebody told you there was vomit on a hamburger, but then told you that it was okay, because only 5% of the hamburger contained actual vomit, would you still eat it?

not I.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    No he's right it's only the first few minutes that's used.

Anyway, just finished it. I'll reserve my comments in order not to "spoil" it for those who haven't watched it yet.

My favorite part of the movie was when Setsuna pretended he was in the Turn-A and teleported away so he could return lated as an ageless albino, and then the aliens turned into a giant space flower.

Quote Originally Posted by masamuneehs View Post
    i think we're being trolled pretty hard with this release.

and it also feels like this movie is complete and utter ridiculous bullshit.

i'm going to wait for a group that isn't a bunch of immature trolls to release this. then i'm probably going to hate it anyway...
    Haku told me to change to the second "boring" subtitle track. That one's fine.

Movie comments follow:

-------------------------------------------------

Overall I found this movie alright. There were things I did like, and things I didn't that roughly balanced it out to "meh".

- Aliens: During Ribbons Almark vs Setsuna, I got T-1000 vibes. Since that part, I had a feeling that these guys were awfully familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Then, during the final parts of the movie it hit me. Fafner. Those guys screamed Fafner aliens to me, and that isn't a good thing. In general I just hate the mindless, assimilating, formless aliens who are waiting to be understood. There's no dialogue or development till the very end, which tends to be lackluster anyway. You fight swarms and swarms of these things (and it doesn't matter what they are, really, be it metal, silicon, or chunks rock) until someone tells them to stop.

I don't feel any tension or drama from that. On the other hand, the whole unmanned vehicle accidents and pseudo-Ribbons attacks were my favourite. At least those guys look and feel evil. The Hallelujah dodging scene at the power plant was arguably the best scene in this movie.

- Characters in the show: I didn't feel anything for most of them. The Mina girl confused the hell out of me since I thought she was Nina Trinity the whole time. Shaman Innovator guy could have been a decent villian (he had the looks, even if his evilness was cookie-cutter labrat style), but his role ended up being near-totally disposable, save for telling us the rest of mankind are evolving. edit: on second thought, that's important for the story. I just felt he could have been more. Graham - what's his deal in this story again? As for Setsuna, I never liked him taking the Superman role ever since the second season of 00 with his 00-Raiser + hacks. He just doesn't shine. Nothing about him is likeable, really.

Except his gundam.

There were ones I did like though.

Tieria - man, this guy went from being a complete asshole in S1 to being pretty badass since S2 onwards. I smiled when Desu-girl declared her love for him. About time he gets something back.

Mr Invincible - aka ACE of the EU, or Mr always-gets-shot-down. I don't care if he's just comedy relief. That guy's got style, and totally owns Mannequin. That guy's the luckiest bastard in this whole series.

S2 favourites were Al and Soma, but they were done like 5 episodes in. They've been side characters ever since. Nothing ever happens with them anymore.

Mobile Suits - my main gripe is the lack of discrimination between them all. It was going that way in S2, and now they finished it. Flag, A-Laws, Gundams, they're all the same. They've all got GN drives, all got GN fields and all have beam cannons. No suit had any tactical advantage over another and just turned out into one big shootout

Even if you say Lockon isn't as good at his brother, you didn't have to give him indiscriminate shooting did you? I laughed pretty hard at that one.

Al without Hal is just mediocre. (the dialogue before going into six-eye-mode was so weird it has hilarious).

Veda being used like a public library was another strange turn of events - the new peace administration is so unrealistically unselfish.

Action was good. One would expect nothing less from theatrical Sunrise release.

As a movie being the final chapter to the 00 franchise, I can't say it did badly in wrapping up all the loose threads - in fact, I think it managed to get them all. But inorganic, assimilating aliens?

..I couldn't bring myself to care.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Wed, 01-05-2011 at 07:35 AM.