Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: vbulletin upgraded

The menus I currently have are "Thread Tools", "Search this Thread", and "Display Modes". Each of these text are accompanied by a small rectagle image with a dot in the middle. I have 4 of those images, the last one to the right after the Display Modes seems to be missing a text lable discribing the menu, if it has one at all. The menu contains "Select All, Deselect All, Ivert Selection, etc". I called it Moderation mainly becase the ALT description of the image pops up the text "Moderation". Maybe it shouldn't have a text label like the other menus, and certainly it's not something I particularly care about, but just in case...

That enough, or do you need more?
    Last edited by Munsu; Tue, 03-23-2010 at 04:34 AM.

Blog Entries
    When trying to change my sig i got this message

Fatal error: Using $this when not in object context in /home/forumsg/public_html/vb/includes/class_upload.php on line 402

Didn't the join date used to say the day you registered, not just the month and year like it's doing now?

I think it's always been just the month and year since I've been here. I've only seen the exact join dates in the browse members section.

Seems like you're correct.

Just know I posted the 1st post on a new page of a thread. Then I edited it for spelling mistakes. After pressing save I was returned to the new page but it was empty. I had to refresh the page to see my post.

I also pressed the 'Go Advanced' button while editing and got this message:

Este fichero XML no parece tener ninguna información de estilo asociada. Se muestra debajo el árbol del documento.
    <error>
    Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.<br />
    <br />
    If this occurred unexpectedly, please <a href="sendmessage.php">inform the administrator</a> and describe the action you performed before you received this error.
    </error>

EDIT:
    When editing this post, to add the XML error this post also 'dissapeared' after pressing save. Had to refresh the page to see it. Seems to only happen to the one editing.

Quote Originally Posted by complich8 View Post
    That looks like changes in functions_reputation.php (the file that, logically, has functions related to reputation). I have a customized functions_reputation, because otherwise the bigger people here would be running around giving 15000 point reps instead of the low 30's they're giving now.
    That fixed it apparently. My rep hover bar is back (with my measely one block =P). Thanks.

Though, now that Archie mentioned it, I had the same error message as he did when trying to upload a new sig from another website. Luckily I was able to upload mine straight from my machine instead, so I didn't think much about it.

It's dangerous to go alone. Take Nep.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Munsu View Post
    The menus I currently have are "Thread Tools", "Search this Thread", and "Display Modes". Each of these text are accompanied by a small rectagle image with a dot in the middle. I have 4 of those images, the last one to the right after the Display Modes seems to be missing a text lable discribing the menu, if it has one at all. The menu contains "Select All, Deselect All, Ivert Selection, etc". I called it Moderation mainly becase the ALT description of the image pops up the text "Moderation". Maybe it shouldn't have a text label like the other menus, and certainly it's not something I particularly care about, but just in case...
    Similar to this, under the "Thread Tools" menu I'm seeing a button/checkbox thing in the Moderation Tools without a label under "close thread" and above "edit thread".

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Yeah, that's the "move thread" option, that was the first thing I mentioned to comp in the "other" thread if you get my meaning.

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    disappearing posts are probably AJAX-related. If you post something with quickreply, it's ajax-posted instead of "real" posted, and if you get there again without doing a full page load, those scripts get reset and the post doesn't show up. That's expected (but annoying).

I haven't been able to confirm the sig upload problems. Are they still there? Is anyone else having them?

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    tried to use the gallery today and made me sad.

but, wow, comp8, you still poking around in this place? you've got some dedication issues, my friend =p

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)
    There doesn't seem to be any information showing up when viewing user's profiles, besides their username and title.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KitKat View Post
    There doesn't seem to be any information showing up when viewing user's profiles, besides their username and title.
    True dat

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    I'm subscribed to the Bitching Thread, and I clicked the "view first unread post" link in the Control Panel 3 minutes ago.

I got linked to Mr Squiggle's post instead of Rockmanj's post before his. Since Mr Squiggles quoted Rockmanj's post, I clicked the shortcut next to "Originally posted by Rockmanj" - but that didn't go anywhere.

I also clicked "Vew first unread post" which appeared in the top left in the space between Mr Squiggle's postbox and the red "New Reply" button, which in turn is under the thread-tree. That didn't change my page neither.

When I copy/pasted those links to a new browser window, it linked me to the correct post.

Not sure if this is a one-off bug.

edit: I just found out what you guys mean about "default style" and all. Man that bleeds you eyes. People actually browse with that style?
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Thu, 03-25-2010 at 12:02 AM.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

I want to second the can't update signature issue

This is the error message I get:
    Fatal error: Using $this when not in object context in /home/forumsg/public_html/vb/includes/class_upload.php on line 40

I was not trying to use the picture upload facility, just changing some text.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    This seems to be happening in every thread

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/9496/91518079.png

Didn't notice it until he pointed it out, but seconded.

EDIT 3/29/2010: I just posted via quick reply in the New Sig thread and got the error message Bill did about having to wait 30 seconds before posting again. Like his issue, my post still posted though. After looking back through this thread, I noticed that the status on this was unknown since comp didn't know if it was still happening. So I just wanted to note my error.
    Last edited by Alhuin; Mon, 03-29-2010 at 05:31 PM.

It's dangerous to go alone. Take Nep.

Another thing, when I visit a user's public profile, I can no longer see when the user last visited the site.

when I visit threads with many pages, like the bitching and cosplay topics. it says that there are 178 / 118 pages, but if I click on the last page, it brings me to 177 / 117 again.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z View Post
    when I visit threads with many pages, like the bitching and cosplay topics. it says that there are 178 / 118 pages, but if I click on the last page, it brings me to 177 / 117 again.
    I've been experiencing this for a while too.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~