Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TV: Doctor Who

Blog Entries
    Yeah, and the pregnant/not pregnant scan was just a red herring? I'm not buying it.

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    I didn't say Amy wasn't pregnant. I said the mystery girl could be the Doctor's daughter -- i.e., the one we know about already.

This show is FULL of red herrings.
    "After all, I am strangely colored."

It's totally Amy's daughter. Amy was all "well my kid can have a...time head or something." Try time LORD body!

We're forgetting the fact that Amy's like ...WHO ARE YOU?!?! And has this hardcore dramatic connection with the girl, so she's probably her daughter. Babies are boring, though, so maybe they'll just age her like a mofo...

And what's up with Amy treating Rory like crap?! Hands off Doctor Who, bitch, he belongs to River Song!

My roommate thinks it's The Rani (apparently the female enemy of the Doctor).

Fuck! My roommate just told me a choice River Song spoiler.
    Last edited by Sapphire; Mon, 05-02-2011 at 06:02 PM.
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

I'm about to watch "The Doctor's Wife". I'm excited to see it. My long-term long shot guess: River is Amy's mom (remember, Amy grew up with her aunt and uncle). The kid is Amy. Amy is half Time Lord.

This explains how they got out of the paradox when the Tardis blew up. It explains how Rory-the-robot remembered Amy. Amy is a fixed point in time, because she causes herself to be born.

The Doctor already said that the whole saga is about what makes Amy special, and why the Tardis found her in particular.

Also, Rose Tyler will be back, because Bad Wolf is not over yet. (It "can't" be, because Rose touched all of space and time)

Blog Entries
    ... they made out you sick fuck!

And Rose Tyler will most likely not be coming back, she's done.

I've heard that before. And it was always wrong.

Blog Entries
    Looking forward to the next episode, we'll finally find out River's true identity.

Quote Originally Posted by poopdeville View Post
    I'm about to watch "The Doctor's Wife". I'm excited to see it. My long-term long shot guess: River is Amy's mom (remember, Amy grew up with her aunt and uncle). The kid is Amy. Amy is half Time Lord.
    That's pretty amazing. Also, The Doctors Wife episode was brilliant.
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

Blog Entries
    Well can't say i didn't see that one coming and neither can i say i'm happy that prediction came true. Kind of creepy...

I wonder how the Doctor took the Time Lord out of her, she was definitely a human when we saw her die.

Watching it now. Holy shit Rory is a serious bad ass.

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    That link DeathBooZ posted on the first page had me laughing almost to death. Downloading the series now, beginning with the 2005 season.
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

I just started watching this series at season 5 with the 11th doctor and his companion, Amy Pond. The first two episodes were underwhelming, but likeable. I think this show is a lot like Quantum Leap, but without the compulsion to save the day before moving on to the next episode.

I'll admit that the Amy Pond character is a big reason I enjoy this episode, as she is hot and likeable whereas the Doctor is cold, scientific, and "holier than thou". But I hope there's more to this series that will make it worth watching than just the babelicious eye candy.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Jounin
    I keep hoping that will explore the Time Lord myth and let the doctor return to a time days before the war starts and manage to save more of his people. Who knows what the final doctor will do or what they write about the so-called last doctor. Probably be sort of continuity error that lets the doctor live on forever.

With a mythos as wide and varying as Doctor Who explores, I'm sure it will be easy for them to explain new Doctors in new series until the end of (real) time. It's kind of like the reboot of Star Trek with the new young cast. A time travel/space anomaly event changes the space/time continuum and now a new history is told.

Sadly, I hear Amy Pond will not return for season 7 of the show.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

S7E1 is out. What the hell is up with Rory and Amy?

Ah, well that answers that.
    Last edited by poopdeville; Sun, 09-02-2012 at 08:37 PM.

Jounin
    Not sure what this episode means. A future continuity climax that the doctor will undoubtdly "Fix" by making them remember. :/

"Only my balls"

*facepalm*

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by poopdeville View Post
    I'm about to watch "The Doctor's Wife". I'm excited to see it. My long-term long shot guess: River is Amy's mom
    Haha, epic fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    Haha, epic fail.
    You mean replying to an 18 month old post? Or disagreeing with yourself? Either way, not so hot.

Blog Entries
    I never agreed with you, and i just noticed it now so yeah 18 months too late on calling you out on YOUR FAILURE.

It fails because you were so close and yet so far :/