Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TV: Doctor Who

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    ...and neither can i say i'm happy that prediction came true...
    "So close" is good enough for you to agree. I suppose you just have problems with reading comprehension, and that would excuse your post. Fair enough, I can't blame you for that.

so yeah 18 months too late on calling you out on YOUR FAILURE.
    Yes, 18 months too late. But whatever, it's just the internet, and "MY FAILURE" was better than you did. Also note: I called it a "long term, long shot" guess. But hey, feel free to confirm your reputation.
    Last edited by poopdeville; Fri, 09-14-2012 at 06:23 PM.
    "After all, I am strangely colored."

Blog Entries
    I love how you're trying to make a big deal out of this, talk about petty.

Aaaaaanyway, the first episode of the new season was great if a bit too obvious. Second episode was fairly average and i was a little surprised to how eager the Doctor was to kill that guy. Long gone are the days of the 10th i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    I love how you're trying to make a big deal out of this, talk about petty.
    That is such an obvious rhetorical ploy. Accuse me of doing what you yourself have done, in order to deflect the situation you created. Now you are "free" to claim the moral high ground, since I am "continuing" the argument. Except, I am calling you for your rhetoric.

I'd call derailing the conversation by quoting somebody and saying nothing but "haha, epic fail" 18 months after the fact very petty. Responding to point that out is not. Responding to point out that you agreed at the time is not. Quoting your agreement is not. Calling me petty for an appropriate response and then ending the conversation by switching back to the topic I was already talking about (i.e. current Doctor Who) petty.

But, this is the internet, and you are free to say what you want. Continue confirming your reputation.
    Last edited by poopdeville; Sun, 09-16-2012 at 03:36 AM.

Blog Entries

Bad wolf...

Peter Capaldi as Doctor 13 is pure win.
    Last edited by poopdeville; Sat, 11-23-2013 at 09:53 PM.

Seems a little old to be the next doctor... plus he's on a bit of a short leash with only 13 episodes. If fans don't like him, he'll be replaced after one season.

On a side note, Karen Gillan did a terrible job this season on NTSF:SD:SUV. Whodathought she could almost ruin a show?

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Capaldi's age is a pretty good point. I was thinking that he might bring on a more serious Doctor, like Eccleston did. But now that they've finally explained how the Doctors fixed the Time War and actually saved the Time Lords from extinction, the Doctor should actually be happy-go-lucky and fun, with no reservation.

Actually, while the Time War was handled in an alright manner, it makes the End of Time specials (the one with the Master and Timothy Dalton) a little weird. Yeah, we knew Gallifrey was locked in a moment of time in a pocket universe. But it seems like the showrunner didn't know that being locked up would clear the Doctor's conscience. Especially since he didn't even consider setting the Time Lords free.

But, Capaldi is a huge badass. Check out "The Thick of It", a BBC show about British politics (or even "In the Loop", a movie about British/American politics). I hope he was type cast.

Jounin
    I enjoyed it. Have to remember, took 50 years in our time for this conclusion, now he can search for Gallifrey which is now apparently lost. :P I think that might open up a lot more possible story lines and maybe/hopefully interesting story lines.

400 years for the doctor and I like how they used that to pass down the centuries to work out mathemathical calculations lol.

Blog Entries

Doctor Who S08E01:

Capaldi is the man. What the heck is going on with "heaven"? And another girlfriend?

The "attack eyebrows" are pretty amazing. I dig the darker tone it seems the Dr. is talking. Capaldi really hit his stride toward the end when he brought up murdering that robot. It is like he is actually starting to embrace who he is instead of pretending like he is a young man. I feel like 10 & 11 were almost "breather" incarnations to help rid himself of all the guilt he felt after the time war stuff. I know it is early, but 12 seems like he has realized what kind of person he is and is acting accordingly.

I also liked the end where The Doctor said that Clara looked at him and couldn't see him...that was some good acting from Capaldi.
    Last edited by rockmanj; Tue, 08-26-2014 at 07:33 PM.

Jounin
    Agreed! ^

Has anyone caught the new ep? It was pretty damn good. I like how utilitarian 12 is. Also, best line: "I am not a good Dalek...you are a good Dalek."

Didn't know it was out. Downloading now.

I really want 12 to go all Malcolm Tucker on some asshole villain. He doesn't even have to swear. But some really absurd, slickly written insults would be great.