View Poll Results: How do you feel about the gotwoot theme? (pick as many as you want)

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Too crowded, spread out a bit!

9 50.00%
  • Too big for my browser

0 0%
  • Just the right size, don't touch it!

6 33.33%
  • The colors suck, do something different

2 11.11%
  • The colors are great, stick with this scheme

11 61.11%
  • Fonts are too small

3 16.67%
  • Fonts are too big

0 0%
  • Fonts are just right.

11 61.11%
  • Rotating art is so 2005! Stick with a single logo image!

0 0%
  • Let's get more variety going on the banner rotation!

14 77.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: How do you feel about the current gotwoot theme?

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries

How do you feel about the current gotwoot theme?

How do you feel about the current theme?

I am thinking I'm going to make the new vb4 theme wider, with a bigger top banner (like maybe a centered 1000px width column with a 1000x150 image, instead of the padded-down 800 we're currently running. But maybe I should make alt themes available? But ... what's the feeling about colors and motifs?

When I nail down the banner resolution and how the login divs interact with images, I'll be publishing a basic psd template to work with in the fanart area... so look forward to that. Meanwhile, any feedback you have about the aesthetics of the site right now ... talk to me!

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    wider
    more banners
    i would ask for bigger font too

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

I'm pretty ambivalent on the font size and the layout. My browser of choice has zoom functionality (as most do).

But the color scheme is what differentiates gotwoot from the bland and generic muted colors that vBulletin boards like animesuki and so many other forums use. It really gives it a more "professional" feel.

I'm always for more banners. We have a lot of people who really like to make them.

Jounin
    Font size is great so no change needed for my part. I have a 26" WS monitor with 1920x1200 resolution. And font is just the right size. If it gets any bigger i feel like it will just get uglier.

Size I'm split on. I think it's great right now, except for when people post images that is larger then the board and everything gets dragged out. But it's such a small "problem" that i voted to keep this size.

I've gotten used to these colors and it gives a GW feel over it. But that being said i would be very happy if we got some more themes to be able to chose. Like use this as the default (Gotwoot Original) and then have 2-5 alternative choises. I know i would love a purple/dark theme. Or a dark/dark theme. I like it when it's not so much brightness over the whole thing like the white.

And of course rotating banners is great. So more of those.

The colour theme should stay as it's very Gotwoot already. The active width could be a bit wider though. It's not like anybody would be using 1024x768 screens anymore.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    The colour theme should stay as it's very Gotwoot already. The active width could be a bit wider though. It's not like anybody would be using 1024x768 screens anymore.
    With the wide acceptence of netbooks in recent years, I'm not so sure.

Then again, I don't, and I've got no problems with the current theme.

I'd be very curious at what other ones we could cook up though.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

More banners, ahoy!
    I am training in the shadows.
    Currently playing: All of your games, probably.

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    yeah, my idea with the width is pretty much that. I looked on google analytics, and the majority of people are running at a minimum 1280x1024. But there's also a significant minority that are viewing the forums on cell phones and netbooks. So maybe a good approach would be to let you pick from either a selection of fixed-width wider themes or a mobile version.

Hmm.... something to think about.

I agree with pretty much everything that has already been said.
    Keep the colour scheme, widen the content, add more banners. I'm also okay with the current font size.

The only thing I would like to suggest is removing the scanlines restriction on the banners. Then possibly making a transparent, downloadable vector of the GW logo that people can place on their banners. Oh, and default sig size should be larger =P (though I don't know if that was ever vB or your doing).

It's dangerous to go alone. Take Nep.

Like Ryll, I do a zoom on pages, but I wouldn't mind a wider theme, like everybody has suggested. The default theme of vbulletin (the blue one) is of a good size, for example, but without its colors it just isn't gotwoot.

I gave my two cents on the poll already anyway.

Blog Entries
    As the rest of the masses i like everything but feel the forum could be more spread out

Your idea for different aspects for mobiles and PCs sounds great, hopefully you can pull it off

Quote Originally Posted by complich8 View Post
    yeah, my idea with the width is pretty much that. I looked on google analytics, and the majority of people are running at a minimum 1280x1024. But there's also a significant minority that are viewing the forums on cell phones and netbooks. So maybe a good approach would be to let you pick from either a selection of fixed-width wider themes or a mobile version.

Hmm.... something to think about.
    I've seen a forum that I think has a javascript option to choose between "Narrow" and "Wide" and you can toggle between the two views with a single click.

Not that we have to have that, but worth thinking about if needed.