Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: One Piece Episode 465

I dunno, Luffy is also vastly more powerful between the time he fights Enel and the time he fights Lucci.

Luffy beat Crocodile without the use of Gears. Could he have done the same to Moria? I'm not so sure.

Blog Entries
    Crocodile left him half dead... twice

Moria just kept running away and when they finally fought head on he was destroyed.

yes luffy beat croc without gears but its kinda similar to the enel situation... i mean croc handed luffy his ass twice with EASE and then got caught off guard because luffy pulls some water out of his ass.

Imagine if enel was a admiral or a pirate who exactly could you see posing a bigger threat to the balance of power if he was interested in that sort of thing, he has displayed mantra to such a high degree compared to the other people so far in the anime or manga that it really seems it was somthing enel EXCELLED at. Yes luffy has gained his gear attacks but the fact remains he would struggle to hit enel just as much as he would an admiral. to me, its similar to akaniu compared to ace. Fire is hot, lava is hotter. compare kizaru to enel, assuming enel knows of haki (since he knows of mantra) lightening is like the 1-up to kizarus light. its just as fast and has other interesting properties such as being able to bring enel back to life, and having a naturally damaging component

if you take the abilities of moria and compare them to either croc or enel, in either a 1v1 situation or a 1v the world kind of thing its clear who the big winners are..... in terms of power moria is more like bellamy or even arlong in that he is strong physically and his fruit helps him with this but ultimatley his powers are neither far reaching (he displayed no mantra or haki during his fights with luffy and his powers would not be able to take out say a whole army at once like crocs could) not strong in single combat (of all the people luffy has beaten moria was decidedly the easiest battle)

sorry im rambling, its late :P

Enel's mantra is likely the best you'll ever see in the series, since it was amplified by his sensitivity to electrical static in the air
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    Enel's mantra is likely the best you'll ever see in the series, since it was amplified by his sensitivity to electrical static in the air
    Pretty bold claim for a show that's only halfway done

Here's another bold claim for you:
    Enel will be the only lightning man you'll ever see in the series
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Blog Entries

Is lightning really as fast as light? I have my doubts about that but I'm too lazy to check right now.

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    It`s not as far as i know.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Speed of light is 186,000 miles per second, speed of lightning is 93,000 miles per second. Unless my googling skills have failed me.

In practice that makes no difference. Just looking at Kizaru's drunken drug addict face is enough to reveal that he might be able to move at the speed of light but he certainly isn't reacting at the speed of light. Normal human reactions, perhaps battle hardened, but that's it. So, the speed difference is completely insignificant.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    Guy in electric suit != lightning man...

...motherfucker
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    In practice that makes no difference. Just looking at Kizaru's drunken drug addict face is enough to reveal that he might be able to move at the speed of light but he certainly isn't reacting at the speed of light. Normal human reactions, perhaps battle hardened, but that's it. So, the speed difference is completely insignificant.
    His reaction time seems to be an inside joke though, i'm sure that if he was serious his speed would be unmatched
    Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    Guy in electric suit != lightning man...

...motherfucker
    Details motherfucker, details

Quote Originally Posted by Sentenal View Post
    Speed of light is 186,000 miles per second, speed of lightning is 93,000 miles per second. Unless my googling skills have failed me.

in real terms they both may as well be 1 billion miles per second, you wont stop either of them no matter how fast you are unless you have eaten the lucozade-lucozade fruit or some incredibly unfeasable shit.

both speeds are suffucient to ignite air i think? so in effect they are equal, especially when you add the human reaction in to the equation. It just reinforces my point of just how weak moria is... if we said moria vs kizaru i would expect it to be a no contest, moria didnt even display ANY haki or mantra.

Enel does feel like he moves much faster than Kizaru, though. Enel had the capacity to appear basically wherever he wanted to, but Kizaru seems to rely on things like reflective surfaces to get around. Even in his initial appearance, he used a cannonball to reach the archipelago, though light obviously travels much faster than that.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Blog Entries
    Well Enel was in panic while fighting Luffy, in contrast i don't think we've seen Kizaru give his all in any fight yet

Nah Enel was teleporting around way more before he even confronted Luffy.
    He went from his throne in the clouds to the Going Merry and then to the cage match within a span of like 5 minutes.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Looking at Kizaru's alcoholic's wasted face, I wouldn't consider it impossible he has never explored his powers as deeply as Enel. Even so far, I don't think we have seen many fruit users quite as much in control of their powers as Enel clearly was (I expect Whitebeard is one, Kuma as well). Kizaru's fruit is one that grants immense power even with little practice, so unless he has really invested in it on his free time, he could have risen to his position probably with cursory knowledge.

But then again, we haven't seen him try to do anything grand.

I dunno, I would think that the main difference between someone like Kizaru and someone like Smoker is how well they're able to utilize their devil power as well as haki. After all, why else would a logia user be ranked so much lower than another? Crocodile made observations about this as well, talking about how the difference between devil fruit users is how well they learn to utilize their abilities.

That being said, Kizaru is probably way more awesome than we are led to believe.

As for Whitebeard, well, I'm not sure if he can fully explore his power without destroying the planet.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

while what you say about kizaru is true, i really think if there was a LOT more power to him he would have attempted to take down rayleigh with the help of a couple of pacafistas, sentoumaru and kuma.

also... what type of fruit is whitebeard? we have logia which eh certainly is not as you cant turn your self into an earthquake, we have paramecia of which my understanding was that a property was manifested in your physical body (rubber sping chop chop) and zoan... he doesnt really seem to fit into any of those does he?