Thread: One Piece Episode 471

RUH ROH!
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

its a tiny spoiler but i wish they had animated and included in that episode the reaction of marco to this treason.

seems its all over for the whitebeard pirates i guess, the pacafistas seem dominant but you have to wonder with marco and whitebeard being both not in combat why didnt they turn around and just smash the pacafistas like flies then resume the frontal assault.... i always assumed that the power of some men in one piece was proportional to the damage they could do, eg a man with a rubber body can only take out one opponent at a time and therefore his power is relativley limited, but a man who can turn himself into lightening or fire could perhaps take out an entire army or kingdom at one time thus making him much more powerfull in the grand scheme of things, even if the rubber man would defeat him in single combat... but they have never displayed this kind of thinking in the show yet....

Well that's super balls...

I hope Whitebeard splatters that guy.

Not much to talk about in these eps, huh. It sure feels slower than it did in the manga, though I don't think there was much filler if at all in this episode.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Well, there's very little "new" going on here. Everyone who's fighting is mostly people who's powers we've seen before. It was more interesting when the Commanders were still being introduced and showing off their awesome powers, but it looks like only the top 2-3 actually have interesting abilities, while the rest are like the "Vice Admirals(i.e. powerful, but in a very generic way)" of Whitebeards army.

And it's been like four episodes of Luffy running across the ice now and not seeming to get anyhere. I especially groaned when Kizaru kicked Luffy "back to the beginning".

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    Not much to talk about in these eps, huh. It sure feels slower than it did in the manga, though I don't think there was much filler if at all in this episode.
    There's just no way for this war to feel as hectic as it did in the manga without bankrupting the studio

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    There's just no way for this war to feel as hectic as it did in the manga without bankrupting the studio
    That`s a great point.

My idea for this arc was that in the manga, several fights get "skipped" and we saw chars about to fight someone and then we saw them somewhere else, i was hoping the manga would follow it strictly and stretch out the "skipped" fights, remember the episode with how Ace joined whitebeard? that one had a lot of filler, but it was awsome filler that fleshed out the story and gave some more personallity to the characters, i was hoping for something like that.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

I haven't really minded the extra filler. The manga was alot more hectic, but that's because alot of the big clashes are seeing were pretty much skipped, or were only given a panel of a clash starting. I don't think its a bad thing, giving more time to animate whats going on in each of those clashes, so long as it doesn't do a Bleach, and dedicate entire episodes to crappy uninteresting characters fighting other crappy uninteresting character. Also they tend to go overboard with the Hancock stuff.

It was really an amazing episode of this show. I didn't blink my eyes when the show was going on... I've also suggested One Piece episodes to my gf because she also love anime show.
    Last edited by Raven; Sat, 12-11-2010 at 06:59 AM.
    Regards,
    Alan