Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn 02

Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn 02

Yep, it's right there : Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn 02

Enjoy
    Okay quality and subs

Has anyone had success muxing the subs provided into the mkv? Is that even possible with a .sub/.idx pair?

Apparently I have and it is.
    Last edited by Yukimura; Thu, 11-04-2010 at 07:00 PM.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    it played allright when i got the files in the same folder.

thought this episode was a little weak on action outside of Full Frontal kicking ass. wanted the battle with him and Banagher to be a bit more exciting.

the tension was high though, and i enjoyed how Mineva/Audrey faced the hostage situation. i also am surprised that i'm enjoying Full Frontal so much. i wasn't such a big fan of Char in Zeta Gundam, but what they're doing with this guy is right down my alley (and if he's new, well, he's even awesomer) I really thought the scene where he met Banagher and took off his mask was the best one in the episode

the Feddies aren't incompetent. looks like if they had wanted to bring the hammer down on Neo Zeon factions, they could have a long time ago. but now that everything's gone sour, it looks like we're in for some more major action.

i have no idea what Riddhe's deal is, aside from being from the family of the first president of (the guy at the start of episode 1) feel he's going to turn out on Zeon's side by the time this is all over, but it's just a hunch.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

I dont think you're doing the episode justice by saying it's light on the action. The action was simply jam packed into the Full Frontal encounter, and was probably the most intense mech fighting I have ever seen. Overall I loved the episode. I just hope it can keep up the awesome for the next 4 eps.

Restating what I said in the previous thread:

Quote Originally Posted by vejita613 View Post
    Overall, I'm not as impressed as I was in Episode 1. Fight scenes were OK, but feels like they were rushed. And the references to the original series were a bit too obvious. On the plus side, the soundtrack was incredible as always. I've listened to Full Frontals track before and loved it, but seeing it applied to the animation is a real treat. I need to go back and listen to the entire album again to find other songs that I heard and liked.

I got the Master Grade Unicorn Gundam when it was first released and was extremely disappointed. Since then, I've tried to steer clear of the other releases such as the revised Unicorn and Sinanju (although I really want the ReZEL). Watching Sinanju in action makes me want to reconsider.

I am curious about one thing. If FF is supposed to be Char, wouldn't he be pushing 70 at this point?

^His Identity will be explained later on. It's under the "major spoiler category" actually.

BSS Release

BSS - Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn - 02 - 1080p | 720p

DDL: 1080p | 720p

Episode 03 will be released on March 18, 2011.
    Last edited by Marik; Wed, 11-10-2010 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Changed order of post.

Quote Originally Posted by EpyonNext View Post
    I am curious about one thing. If FF is supposed to be Char, wouldn't he be pushing 70 at this point?
    Technically this only takes place three years after Char's Counterattack, so, if he were alive, he'd be about 36 or so.

(And hot damn has it been a long time since I've posted here. Last post I made was literally four years and one day ago. ._.)
    They say I went crazy once... but they're wrong... I'm crazy all the time...
    Dreams were meant to be shattered... because that's all they are... dreams...

~Mizuki Kurenaida~
    Mieppa.

I feel like this second ep had sufficiently action, considering the main character doesn't yet even know whom to work for and why (making it hard for him to really go out and fight). I suppose he would be willing to work for his girl but he certainly has no idea what she is doing.

I found Banagher a bit annoying, though. Maybe I just don't remember the first ep so well anymore but was he so childish in it? I really wish he decides soon what he wants and then goes for it. He has barely any friends so he can't grow up by seeing them die for a cause (and Audrey is the last person I'd want to see dead in this show) and learning from it but there must be something that could push his buttons and get his cogs rolling.

Honestly, I find that Banagher fits into the typical Gundam-Hero mold. He's annoying, childish, and needlessly whiny/emo, but with the help of someone who has mastered the Brightslap (who'll hopefully show up sooner or later...), he'll learn to become a "man". After all, even if this was penned by someone else, it's still UC, and that's just the way it goes. :/

Personally, I want to see more of Marida. It's been a long time since ZZ, and even if the originals are gone, seeing her still alive and nowhere near as annoying as her younger counterparts is really damn nice.
    They say I went crazy once... but they're wrong... I'm crazy all the time...
    Dreams were meant to be shattered... because that's all they are... dreams...

~Mizuki Kurenaida~
    Mieppa.

you both bring up good points. i don't think Banagher was any more grown up in the first episode. I think it's just that now that he has a Gundam, and is has more power/options in these dilemmas because of it, that we have different expectations for him all of a sudden. And when he's surrounded by determined, hard fighting people like FF, Audrey and even Armando, he seems childish and naive in comparison.

it would be interesting if FF ended up serving as Banagher's mentor / "I'mma make you into a man, boy!" character. Don't think there's ever been a Gundam that focused on a character switching sides so early on, not the Gundam piloting male lead, at least.

i actually hope they don't bring in too many more characters. there's already a lot, and i'd rather see them developed than just have an episodic character-swapping carousel...
    Last edited by masamuneehs; Fri, 11-12-2010 at 03:18 PM.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

True enough. Although it doesn't change the basic fact it's precisely that he has the Gundam now that he needs to decide what to do with it. It's his prerogative, of course, though. But seeing how he was in the first two eps, I now wish he would meet Audrey again. Clearly he needs somebody to tell him the consequences of doing something and especially not doing anything.

Somebody to teach him fighting would also be jolly good. A lot better than simply kicking ass with a superior machine yet with little skills. Luckily the latter didn't even happen in this ep.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizukithepanda View Post
    Technically this only takes place three years after Char's Counterattack, so, if he were alive, he'd be about 36 or so.

(And hot damn has it been a long time since I've posted here. Last post I made was literally four years and one day ago. ._.)
    Ty for explaining that, I was under the impression that a significant amount of time had passed between CC and Unicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    Somebody to teach him fighting would also be jolly good. A lot better than simply kicking ass with a superior machine yet with little skills. Luckily the latter didn't even happen in this ep.

i thought it was shown in this episode that Banagher was trained how to pilot when he was a little boy? or at least how to handle the Unicorn's special program / stress. since most kids his age seem to know the basics of operating a mech (kinda like driving a car in the UC time line), I got the impression from episode 2 that almost nobody could teach much about the Unicorn to Banagher. he'd do well to learn some more about combat, of course, but i thought the "He was raised to pilot as a child" thing was a sign they weren't going to really go down the "Pupil" plot path.

totally agree with you on the point before this. i think this love-interest plot with Audrey and Banagher is set up nicely so they can both teach each other something. at least, i much prefer that to one-sided "Character A falls in love with B and adopts B's ideals/goals as A's own." That seems to be an all too common setup for love plots in Japanese stuff...

Hmm... You could indeed be correct. And of course he knows a whole lot of piloting - otherwise he would have lost immediately to Char. Whether he knows as much about fighting is an altogether different thing. You'd think so, since those are fighting machines and nothing else, and so if he was taught to pilot one, it would be integral to know how to fight in one as well. Maybe it's just going to be a matter of getting used to it and gaining actual experience instead of simulated one or whatever those flashback were all about.

Episode 3 Preview

Fuck yeah Delta Plus! Atmospheric battles! And some "Naked in Space" scenes!
    Last edited by Illrenmazou; Sun, 11-14-2010 at 05:25 AM.

Wow, it seems interacting with other pilots in androgynous nudity in the astral plane really has become a staple of the Gundam franchise. I thought UC would be able to resist that particular taint but I guess not. Still, it looks like more awesome action is yet to come and Banager is going to school Marida some more in how to lose.

I'm just happy if this doesn't happen..

Everyone gets SSJ Mega Gundams
    And Newtypes > All.

Also, the character setup reminds me of Gundam Seed D:..
    little soul your dreams are waitin'
    crapping up...
    hold them closely
    never let go, never let go... <3