Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One Piece Episode 474

seems like they upped the animation quality for this episode. Hopefully they can continue with that trend for the upcoming episodes as things finally start to get down.

It sure looked badass, but I'm not sure what a bunch of frozen wood chunks is supposed to do to logia users.

The pirates got fucking pounded in this episode though.

I wonder why Bonney was crying?

Yeah luffy charging in and confronting the admiral's was badass despite how ineffective it is.

What, you didn't know that frozen wood hard-counters light, magma, AND ice?
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Speaking of the Admirals, I noticed it this week but I could swear they're meant to resemble the rat pack. I always thought Kizaru looked kind of like Sammy Davis Jr(I actually thought he looked like Robert Downy Jr. in Tropic Thunder at first), and that Aikanu looks like Frank Sinatra.

Once I noticed those two, I actually looked up the Rat Pack and I think Aokiji is supposed to be Dean Martin(or at least, they both have big noses).

You just know Luffy is out of his league against even one Admiral, let alone all 3, but that doesn't change just how badass it is. I guess at least he can serve as a distraction for the rest of the Pirates to get into the plaza.

don't forget that he got his own "hidden" superpower that will probably show up!!!
    O_O is there something that I should say ?????

Quote Originally Posted by Julianlivre View Post
    don't forget that he got his own "hidden" superpower that will probably show up!!!
    You mean his Sovereign Haki?

That doesn't really do anything against anyone with any real power level. It doesn't even work on Boa's sisters, I doubt anyone of Vice Admiral or higher is going to be effected by it.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder View Post
    You mean his Sovereign Haki?

That doesn't really do anything against anyone with any real power level. It doesn't even work on Boa's sisters, I doubt anyone of Vice Admiral or higher is going to be effected by it.
    Ahh but that would only be correct assuming that Haki as we know it is widespread, certainly none of the strawhats had heard of it before, and nico robin had worked with a sichibukai for years, we also never heard anyone else famous mention it untill recently.

Also remember that the Kuja pirates are "famous" for imbuing there weapons with haki, so it *could* be that haki isnt simply the next level of power ups but something more unique, for example when all the strawhats reunite are we to assume they will all awaken some inner haki or some bullshit, or that there own strengths will simply be enhanced without the aid of plot devices, the latter i hope.

Although i agree that im sure the admirals wont be effected by the haki, its a possibility that they have never even been introduced to, was it the kings disposition they called it on kuja island?

Quote Originally Posted by chambers View Post
    Ahh but that would only be correct assuming that Haki as we know it is widespread, certainly none of the strawhats had heard of it before, and nico robin had worked with a sichibukai for years, we also never heard anyone else famous mention it untill recently.

Also remember that the Kuja pirates are "famous" for imbuing there weapons with haki, so it *could* be that haki isnt simply the next level of power ups but something more unique, for example when all the strawhats reunite are we to assume they will all awaken some inner haki or some bullshit, or that there own strengths will simply be enhanced without the aid of plot devices, the latter i hope.

Although i agree that im sure the admirals wont be effected by the haki, its a possibility that they have never even been introduced to, was it the kings disposition they called it on kuja island?
    Well, apparently everyone on Whitebeards crew is familiar with it, because when Shanks used it during their meeting, only the newest guy on the crew even got wobbly.

Or when Raleigh used it in the auction house, most of Kid and Law's crews were able to hold it together.

And those are from two people who supposedly have way more practice with it than Luffy.

Even if the Marines don't know what it is, it's obvious it just doesn't work on powerful people.

Blog Entries
    Or when Raleigh used it in the auction house, most of Kid and Law's crews were able to hold it together.

And those are from two people who supposedly have way more practice with it than Luffy.

Even if the Marines don't know what it is, it's obvious it just doesn't work on powerful people.
    Chopper survived it too so i think it's safe to assume that wasn't just a random Haki attack, the Dark King only wanted his enemies to fall

I wonder if WB has it too, you'd think it would have come in handy to remove most of the no names out of the battlefield

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    If Dragon/Shanks is waiting for the most dramatic moment to go and save Luffy`s ass, the moment is now.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Didn't they say Shanks was fighting with one of the other Four Emperors who moved to attack Whitebeard when he started mobilizing against the marines?

Smoker knew what Haki was when Hancock attacked him. I imagine its been around for a long time, and most of the powerful marines and pirates alike are familiar with it.

@DarthEnder: Shanks is fighting Kaidou
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Hmm.. i wonder what Blackbeard and that other sword dude Shiryu(?) over at Impel Down is doing -.-

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

Quote Originally Posted by Penner View Post
    Hmm.. i wonder what Blackbeard and that other sword dude Shiryu(?) over at Impel Down is doing -.-
    Releasing whatever eldrich horror/superweapon is hidden beneath the sixth floor.

Blog Entries
    Releasing whatever eldrich horror/superweapon is hidden beneath the sixth floor.
    You think they're hiding an atomic bomb next to the world's worst criminals?

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    You think they're hiding an atomic bomb next to the world's worst criminals?
    I think Impel Down was built to contain something during the Void Century and the Marines just co-opted it as a prison because it's a ridiculously secure building.

I don't think the WG knows it's down there. Just like I don't think they know that the whatever it is in the Florian Triangle is in the Florian Triangle.

yibis

Last edited by Marik; Wed, 11-10-2010 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Added 400p.