Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bleach 295

Bleach 295

[HorribleSubs] Bleach - 295 [480p]
    [HorribleSubs] Bleach - 295 [720p]

Great, a recap. Like we've forgotten what made Bleach once so awesome, it's like the only thing clinging me to this yoga-stretched anime. Aizen's cocky as ever and Itsugo's still boring. Didn't mind watching it though.

Now... we can click as warriors... button to button, it is the basis of all internet.
    Only a fool trusts his life to a virus.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Killa-Eyez View Post
    [HorribleSubs] Bleach - 295 [480p]
    [HorribleSubs] Bleach - 295 [720p]

Great, a recap. Like we've forgotten what made Bleach once so awesome, it's like the only thing clinging me to this yoga-stretched anime. Aizen's cocky as ever and Itsugo's still boring. Didn't mind watching it though.
    Yeah, they remind us how they've been trolling us for so long after the SS arc...

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

My vocabulary doesn't stretch beyond utterly ridiculous so I can't comment on this episode and especially what it revealed about Aizen's plans.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    Aizen surely planned a lot, didn't he?
    He sure does Kraco, he sure does...

Oh, now I get it. Just as Aizen planned. That's funny.

Actually it's not but apparently half the board thinks it's hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder View Post

I always enjoy episodes where the thing we've been told by Manga readers for months suddenly makes sense.

Did I catch a glimpse of Ichigo's dad in the preview?
    I was wondering when he'd show up, along with Urahara and Uryuu's dad. I mean, Urahara can't possibly have gone that long without coming up with some sort of countermeasure against the Hougyoku.

But, all in all, I'm curious to see Kurosaki's dad's real strength. Hopefully they don't come out with something utterly ridiculous for his Zanpakuto... like another Bazookai or flower petal thing... Given his humor I wouldn't be surprised if it was a giant dildo or something.

Skipped the recap. Without it I downloaded around 3,5 minutes of actual material. Only 1 minute of that 3,5 minutes showed us something new, namely that Aizen snapped the power-marble onto himself which apparently gives him the ability to heal himself. Everything else was just the usual subarashi jabbering by Aizen.

So I just downloaded 1 minute of material containing new information, which included looking at nude parts of a man's body... .. .

Thinking positive, that's still better than a filler. *shrug*

The power marble? HAHAHA!!! I like it.

And Aizen's planning and the comments about them aren't irony. It's an inside joke. Right now, it's just a joke. A bad one. Unfortunately, it does make some sense as to why Aizen let Ichigo live when he left Soul Society.

So I guess Aizen can only be defeated if he loses all his marbles?

OK, I'll bite. Why did Aizen let Ichigo become powerful and get a hollow form?

Isn't the "Just as planned" line co-opted from Death Note anyway?

Blog Entries

Anyone ever told you you're a real buzzkill?

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    Anyone ever told you you're a real buzzkill?
    I suppose if going "JUST AS AIZEN PLANNED! HUR HUR HUR!!!" every week for a year gives you a buzz, then yeah, I'm a buzzkill.

That's still better than genuinely liking horse poo, which sometimes is entertaining to watch, because it's so bad and sometimes is just so bad, it makes me cry instead. Seriously, I rather have people writing those comments, because that tells me if I can laugh about it. It often saves me a 20 minutes facepalm.

I still don't get how you can ignore all the bullshit and actually like it. You must either be really good at self-control or you're really just that undemanding.
    Last edited by Endrance; Thu, 11-11-2010 at 07:25 PM.

I dunno. I guess I'm just one of the few people that hadn't somehow convinced myself that Kubo was fucking Shakespear during previous arcs.

He's a shounen writer. This shit's no stupider than DBZ, and I like DBZ, so why wouldn't I like this?

What I don't get is how someone who doesn't "actually" like the show, watches it for 100ths of episodes, even downloading it. It's kind of weird...

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by humpburger View Post
    What I don't get is how someone who doesn't "actually" like the show, watches it for 100ths of episodes, even downloading it. It's kind of weird...
    Stockholm syndrome or the likes of it.
    You know you hate the thing, you know you are now free if you will, but you can't detach yourself from it.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

When asked directly, they'll tell you it's for that "so bad it's good" That it's just something for them to make fun of.

Until you realize they've probably wasted more of their lives on this series alone than the MST3K guys did on a whole career of mocking bad movies. And at least the MST3K guys have something to show for it.

I think the soul society arc just fooled a lot of people into thinking that this series is better than it actually is. Then they just didn't take it very well when the plot revert into DBZ level silliness.

I dunno. I guess I'm just one of the few people that hadn't somehow convinced myself that Kubo was fucking Shakespear during previous arcs.

He's a shounen writer. This shit's no stupider than DBZ, and I like DBZ, so why wouldn't I like this?
    DBZ is different. It never even tried. It was all about manliness, solidarity (in a way that is uncomplicated but makes sense, unlike the ingenuius plan of Orihime for example) and gar. And it was really good at that. Be honest. Who hasn't tried this at least once?
    Bleach is based on this stupid pseudo-intellectual psycho talk and really, really weird fights. DBZ had stupid talk, too. No doubt. But it never tried to be intellectual. That's not what this anime was about and that's also why the teamfourstar parody is so awesome. And everybody knows the over 9000 scene, which pretty much described the whole anime. You'd even think I'm wasting my time posting here also, but it's entertaining to me, too. As long as that's the case, why stop doing it?

When asked directly, they'll tell you it's for that "so bad it's good" That it's just something for them to make fun of.

Until you realize they've probably wasted more of their lives on this series alone than the MST3K guys did on a whole career of mocking bad movies. And at least the MST3K guys have something to show for it.
    Hey! I've always skipped the intro and outro! Bleach sometimes entertains me, just in a different way from yours. If you call this wasted, then you've wasted your time as well.

Schadenfreude. I even watched the last Bleach filler arc together with a friend and it was so bad, fucking hilarious. Especially how Byakuya has planned stuff and shit or how Kenpachi could suddenly Shunpo around lmao. We laughed so hard that episode. Or the one the captains closed the Garganta with their Reiatsu and the one which had this super dramatic/awesome background music for killing a few menos you expect to happen in the final duel between two main characters. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by David75 View Post
    Stockholm syndrome or the likes of it.
    You know you hate the thing, you know you are now free if you will, but you can't detach yourself from it.
    I know what you mean, but that's not the case with Bleach for me. I really only watch it because it's so ridiculous, which often (not always) makes it hilarious. Trust me, I dropped alot of anime because they were simply non-entertaining. These past two episodes were real garbage though. But I couldn't know that, so I watched them anyway. Although I dropped all of the recap, which kinda made 7/8 of the whole episode. So maybe I can't even say I watched them. Funny thing is we dropped the Bleach filler episode not long ago (the oriental one) which was supposed to be funny, but really wasn't. Well, I watched some parts of it, but decided not to recommend it to my friends, you know, for the lulz.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Dragon View Post
    I think the soul society arc just fooled a lot of people into thinking that this series is better than it actually is. Then they just didn't take it very well when the plot revert into DBZ level silliness.
    I don't think it fooled me, because it was good. But they went overboard after that with pretty much everything. Aizen should have died in an epic battle back then, but they decided to stretch the chewed gum that had lost it's flavor at that point.
    Last edited by Endrance; Sat, 11-13-2010 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endrance View Post
    DBZ is different. It never even tried. It was all about manliness, solidarity (in a way that is uncomplicated but makes sense, unlike the ingenuius plan of Orihime for example) and gar. And it was really good at that. Be honest. Who hasn't tried this at least once?
    Bleach is based on this stupid pseudo-intellectual psycho talk and really, really weird fights. DBZ had stupid talk, too. No doubt. But it never tried to be intellectual. That's not what this anime was about and that's also why the teamfourstar parody is so awesome. And everybody knows the over 9000 scene, which pretty much described the whole anime.
    I really just never saw Bleach that way.

I mean, you describe something like the "over 9000" scene, and I don't see any difference between that scene and the one where Ichigo shows up to save Rukia and beats 3 Vice Captains with his bare hands in a matter of seconds.