Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bleach 296

Bleach 296

Woot! Gin!

They played Isshin off like a big reveal, but really it's only Ichigo that didn't know.

I was kind of pissed off when Isshin was like, "I guess I should explain some stuff to you" and Ichigo is like "Nah, later."

Hey, Ichigo. STFU, audience wants to hear the backstory!

Isshiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin! Finally!

And fuck yeah i want to hear the backstory!

Also, about Aizen's plan... i wasn't surprised AT ALL, because people has been saying "Just as Aizen planned" for fucking ages, and that should be counted as some sort of semi-spoiler because it basically made you expect that his plan was going to be something utterly insane like this, so when it actually happened i was like "Meh."

If i had not read that damn "As Aizen planned" crap i would have been WAY more surprised when it was revealed :P

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

I, on the other hand, don't regret hearing all that Aizen's plans bashing. Without such prior warning these eps would have been even more ridiculous. Almost more ridiculous than Ichigo listening to it all and getting all depressed to the point he forgot what he was doing in the first place.

I also approved Ichigo telling his dad he doesn't need to tell everything. The first wise and mature words from Ichigo for as long as I can remember. This fricking battle has seen too much talking anyway. The last thing we need added into the middle of it is Ichigo's family history.

True, it's not the best time to start telling a long backstory in the middle of a fight, but damnit i REALLY want to hear Isshin's backstory ^^

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Aizen: "Ichigo, I'm your Father...
    would have been both amusing and lame , I had this kind of vibes at that moment.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Quote Originally Posted by David75 View Post
    Aizen: "Ichigo, I'm your Father...
    would have been both amusing and lame , I had this kind of vibes at that moment.
    They should have put that scene after the ED where they have had the comic relief for a long time now.

I'm wondering if Isshin is actually going to be stronger than Ichigo. He wasn't in SS back in Aizen's day, so we can assume he hasn't seen Aizen's release either. But does he also have a super-powered Hollow side, or is he so strong that he's even stronger than Ichigo without having one?

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    I also approved Ichigo telling his dad he doesn't need to tell everything. The first wise and mature words from Ichigo for as long as I can remember. This fricking battle has seen too much talking anyway. The last thing we need added into the middle of it is Ichigo's family history.
    I disagree. They've been doing pretty much nothing but fighting for the last 30 episodes now. I could have done for another "turn back the clock" type arc right about here. As long as it's not filler, and the motivations are relevant to the current storyline, like it was with the Visored's origins.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder View Post
    I disagree. They've been doing pretty much nothing but fighting for the last 30 episodes now.
    I have nothing against such arcs as such (actually I do, but that's not the point) but I have everything against Ichigo and his dad hiding in the rubble for three hours Isshin telling how he met Ichigo's mum, etc. I assume Aizen and Gin would use the time to light the grill and start a BBQ party until Isshin and Ichigo deign to get back to fighting. That would have stretched even the Bleach realism a little bit.

I liked the scene where Isshin flicked his finger and sent Aizen flying through a bunch of buildings, that was a pretty sweet move, cause i was totally expecting another one of those regular old cero-type fingerbeams or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Penner View Post
    I liked the scene where Isshin flicked his finger and sent Aizen flying through a bunch of buildings, that was a pretty sweet move, cause i was totally expecting another one of those regular old cero-type fingerbeams or whatever.
    I thought it was gonna be Kido at first. But nope. Brute force insult.

I still don't think Isshin is a normal former Captain.

I think either he's a former member of Squad 0, or he's the Spirit King himself.

What's going on? Am I liking Bleach again? And yeah, the whole Aizen thing is ridiculous, but these past several episodes have really got my attention.

Gin... I knew there was a reason he was waiting around. Also, Kenpachi, Byakuya, Urahara and Yoruichi are conveniently out of the picture. What's Urahara doing right now anyways? I can't remember.

I'm glad Ichigo didn't ask. I hate flashbacks. Yes, I know. How can you like anime and not like flashbacks. Well, it's sorta like hitting your head against a wall. When it's over, it makes everything seem better by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorlath View Post
    Gin... I knew there was a reason he was waiting around. Also, Kenpachi, Byakuya, Urahara and Yoruichi are conveniently out of the picture. What's Urahara doing right now anyways? I can't remember.
    He might busy maintaining the effect that switches Real and Fake Karakura town.

Also, now that Isshin is here, I'm sure Ishida's dad isn't far behind.

I don't think Isshin is Spirit King, but I would definitely not put it past that he could be former Squad 0 (which would be amazingly badass if they showed up to end the fight). I could have done without the extra recap wasting most of the episode, but I do want to know Isshin's backstory and if they don't get to it and kill him off or something, heads will roll.

Obviously it will be revealed at some point. It's one of the very few mysteries this story ever managed to create. Let's hope it's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by kmkze04 View Post
    I don't think Isshin is Spirit King, but I would definitely not put it past that he could be former Squad 0 (which would be amazingly badass if they showed up to end the fight). I could have done without the extra recap wasting most of the episode, but I do want to know Isshin's backstory and if they don't get to it and kill him off or something, heads will roll.
    I just realized they kind of only gave us half of Tousen's backstory before killing him off.

I mean, okay, they showed us why he hated the Shinigami, but they never really showed us how he ended up with Aizen or why he thought joining Aizen would be a good idea.

Just seems like remarkably good luck for Aizen that the only person who wouldn't be effected by his powers also happened to be the one person who wanted to destroy SS.

Which, given that it's Aizen, makes me think it wasn't lucky at all. And that the death of Tousen's friend was somehow set up by Aizen.

Awesome. Am I correct that Gin is the only villain left that we don't know what his motivation is? There was backstory on him, yeah, but not the way Tousen's was explained. I really can't tell what the fuck is the deal with Gin, I can't even tell if he was seriously waiting for an opportunity to join in, or just to backstab Aizen. Interesting guy. We might even see his eyes open again during this fight-or his bankai, that would rock. So Ichigo is the offspring of a human and a Shinigami?

Oh shit, I forgot about this in the previous ep but, we'll never get to find out what the commander general's bankai was because he offed himself, is that correct? That's a goddamn disappointment for me if it is.

Quote Originally Posted by DayoftheDante View Post
    Oh shit, I forgot about this in the previous ep but, we'll never get to find out what the commander general's bankai was because he offed himself, is that correct? That's a goddamn disappointment for me if it is.
    Didn't we lose the chance already earlier because the retarded arrancar ate the commander's zanpakutou? So, this time we can't even blame the man for the hilarious Bleach tradition of not revealing your strongest attack to your strongest enemy even if not using it gets you killed.

But then again, I reckon the commander using his bankai would have killed everybody else but Aizen in the vicinity. After all, Aizen can't be killed before it suits his plans, but the others have no such absolute defense.

Quote Originally Posted by DayoftheDante View Post
    Awesome. Am I correct that Gin is the only villain left that we don't know what his motivation is? There was backstory on him, yeah, but not the way Tousen's was explained. I really can't tell what the fuck is the deal with Gin, I can't even tell if he was seriously waiting for an opportunity to join in, or just to backstab Aizen.
    That's if he even has a motovation. He's just a kid in the flashback and he's already joined up with Aizen. It's possible he was just a little psycho then and still is now.

Although there's obvious backstory between him and Matsumoto that they haven't gone into yet.

I think he's a psycho. A man without morals. He likely joined Aizen because he thought that would be a fast way to power and certainly something more interesting than trudging forward in the stiff SS hierarchy forever. Now even if he needed to play low for decades, he still knew all the time that at some point things would turn really different and intriguing.