Thread: One Piece Episode 475

Soooo much badassitude!

So glad we're finally out of the fucking bay.

I don't...I don't really "get" Crocodile's actions in this episode, but he's so cool doing it that I can't complain.

LOL, someone got shot in the face for trying to make a speech, with a CANNONBALL! This show brings tears to my eyes...

Epic...
    Last edited by humpburger; Sun, 11-14-2010 at 06:59 AM.

hmm it makes me wonder just how the situation improved, in terms of numbers the navy wins, it seems that power favours the navy too as the admirals seem to have everyone outlcassed....

Quote Originally Posted by chambers View Post
    hmm it makes me wonder just how the situation improved, in terms of numbers the navy wins, it seems that power favours the navy too as the admirals seem to have everyone outlcassed....
    Well, presumably any forward movement is progress.

But it's like, yeah, Whitebeard lost a ton of fodder so far, but as we saw from this episode, Whitebeard can even those odds pretty quick if he chooses to. And I don't think any named characters on Whitebeards side have been taken out yet, so I think realistically, both sides are still even.

They really seem to be trying to establish Marco as someone capable of taking on an Admiral, but he hasn't really done anything since he went toe-to-toe with Kizaru back at the very beginning.

yeah marco is unboubtedly one of the kings of this battlefield. but i just feel if you compare the whitebeards to the navy the navy wins hands down, not even counting the homefield advantages if you compare the two sides...

WB
    marco
    jozu
    vista
    captains
    luffy...?
    croco
    jinbei
    ivankof
    hancock...?
    Oars

Kizaru
    Aokiji
    Akainu
    garp
    sen goku
    sentohamru (sp)
    pacafistas
    don quixote
    moria
    hawkeye
    kuma
    add to that the formidable forces of the captains commadores and vice admirals like smoker and hina i think it was AND the possible appearance of a force like CP9 and we still dont know what happened at impel down so either blackbeard or magellean... or both could be arriving shortly to bolster the marine forces.

i just dont see how whitebeard pirates ever thought they could stand against this, even against the sichibukai they might have had there might tested.

Jounin
    Well Magellan i doubt would leave the prison. He is in charge there, and those that escaped is the marines problem now. I imagine order still needs to be restored in the prison. And if Blackbeard returns and joins the fight there is a 50/50 chance on what side he will end up on. After all breaking in to Impel Down and attacking Magellan is not something a shibukai does and my guess is that he would lose his title because of it. And you say that CP9 could show up? But then why not take in to account who could show up for WB's side. Dragon could show up just because this would be a big opportunity to attack the marines. And Luffy and Ivankov is there. And Kuma. Kuma might have put a plan in motion before having his memory and personality wiped. Also Shanks could show up. He seems to care about WB to some extent and he could join just because he is a Yonkou. I doubt Kaido would show up since he was about to fight WB but there is one more (Big Mom was it?).

Infact if we should look at what might show up for either side, then it feels like WB's side would be the dominate.

I don't think the Whitebeard Pirates are as overwhelmed as you are making it out to be. I mean, there must be a reason the Navy amassed their entire military plus the Shichibukai in one place, just to fight Whitebeard, and why they were shitting their pants at just the thought that Whitebeard and Shanks were meeting way back when. Whitebeard himself is easily the most powerful person there, and Marco was shown capable of kicking Aokiji through a building this past episode (landing a hit on a logia using Admiral is something huge).

Yeah, I see it as pretty much

Whitebeard
    Marco
    Jozu
    Vista
    Luffy
    Crocodile
    Jinbei
    Ivankov
    Hancock

Sengoku
    Kizaru
    Aokiji
    Akainu
    Garp
    Smoker
    Donquixote
    Moria
    Mihawk
    Kuma

Everyone else is basically incidental. Allied captains, Unnamed WB commanders, Vice Admirals, Pacifistas...they're all basically just generic mooks at this point.

I thought it was a pretty nice touch to bring back some of the old CP9 moves. Didn't someone comment about a lack of that in this war so far?

Also, as far as the original CP9 cast showing up, that would be highly unlikely. I suppose the anime-only viewers wouldn't ever know about it, but in a side adventure story, the CP9 members recovered and decided to leave the organization to find a secluded home for them to live in peace.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    Also, as far as the original CP9 cast showing up, that would be highly unlikely. I suppose the anime-only viewers wouldn't ever know about it, but in a side adventure story, the CP9 members recovered and decided to leave the organization to find a secluded home for them to live in peace.
    While also letting Spandam know that they'd be gunning for his head eventually

I wish they had continued animating the Cover Stories. So far only Buggy and Coby's have been animated.

It would have explained how Hatchi came to know Caimie for instance... and the fate of not only CP9, but also Enel, Baroque Works... and how the hell Jango became a Marine.

Blog Entries
    I'm ok either way, One Piece fillers are usually pretty bearable

I'd love to see CP9 again though, Lucci x Luffy is my favorite battle in the anime so far

Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell View Post
    I wish they had continued animating the Cover Stories. So far only Buggy and Coby's have been animated.

It would have explained how Hatchi came to know Caimie for instance... and the fate of not only CP9, but also Enel, Baroque Works... and how the hell Jango became a Marine.
    Ugh. Me too. It pisses me off to no end when they don't animate those cover stories. ESPECIALLY if that character ends up showing up again.

The very least they could do is, when such a character makes an appearance again later in the story, have them tell cover-story as a flashback.

Characters this would have benefitted from this the most are Hachi, Boroque Works and Ace, all of whom had cover stories before they reappeared in the series recently, explaining how they got to where they were when Luffy meets them again.

Well the strawhats' side adventures during Luffy's long trip to Marineford were at least shown, and more elaborated on than the chapter covers.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    Well the strawhats' side adventures during Luffy's long trip to Marineford were at least shown, and more elaborated on than the chapter covers.
    They had to, since they are main characters. I read once that the cover-stories weren't that popular (Buggy and Coby) so they decided to not animate the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell View Post
    I read once that the cover-stories weren't that popular (Buggy and Coby)
    Less popular than filler arcs? I find that hard to believe.

yibis

Last edited by Marik; Thu, 11-18-2010 at 12:08 AM.