Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bleach 297

Bleach 297

To be honest Gin's bankai doesn't really impress me. It brings little advantage compared to the shikai. The shikai is already 100 meters long and I don't think you really get more distance than that between you and your opponent in a sword fight. Unless both participants want it. Besides, at 100 meters an error of just one degree at aiming would already produce a miss of 1.5 meters. With 13km the target would never even notice somebody was aiming at him if you had even half a degree of error.

But I suppose it would work against an army of good for nothing enemies.

Gin is still a creepy fellow, though.

So....the Hougyoku isn't a Hollification machine...it's a wish maker. Urahara accidentally created Dragonballs....

That actually explains a lot.

Too bad it pretty much immediately reveals how Aizen is going to lose.

Aizen is using it to grant his wishes, but they've basically said that the thing can grant the wishes of everyone around it. Which means even though it's sitting in Aizen's chest, there's nothing keeping it from granting other people's wishes.

Obviously when the time comes for Ichigo to fight Aizen, the Hougyoki is going to choose Ichigo over Aizen.

Either that, or it just grants Aizen's wish to become a god, but then grants Ichigo's wish to beat Aizen.

Jounin
    Ya... I'm hoping Kisuke has a Continuity error type explanation.

Grant my wish for the end of this series to kick ass!

I knew Urahara was hiding out. Now where's Yoruichi?

Actually, I quite enjoyed this episode. I doubt I could explain why though.

I enjoyed this ep.
    possibly more than its worth.
    see above comment.
    When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments. Here was a machine of precision and balance for the convenience of man. And (unlike subsequent inventions for man's convenience) the more he used it, the fitter his body became. Here, for once, was a product of man's brain that was entirely beneficial to those who used it, and of no harm or irritation to others. Progress should have stopped when man invented the bicycle. ~Elizabeth West, Hovel in theHills

Awesome, I wish I had a go-go gadget ninja sword and eyes that don't open...

So....the Hougyoku isn't a Hollification machine...it's a wish maker. Urahara accidentally created Dragonballs....
    LMAO

Enjoyed the ep... and Kisuke has finally resurfaced... I'm sure he knew the power of the Hougyoku, it's more a matter of finding out if he knows how to disable that power (which it looked like he somehow managed to stall or halt it with that single shot).

But I saw fillers on the previews... HOW DARE YOU!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    To be honest Gin's bankai doesn't really impress me. It brings little advantage compared to the shikai. The shikai is already 100 meters long and I don't think you really get more distance than that between you and your opponent in a sword fight. Unless both participants want it. Besides, at 100 meters an error of just one degree at aiming would already produce a miss of 1.5 meters. With 13km the target would never even notice somebody was aiming at him if you had even half a degree of error.
    The best way to use it is probably like you would a sniper rifle...with a 13km range.

Besides, it is a pretty tame bankai, but Gin hasn't even activated his Hollowfication yet. Who knows what that will add.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorlath View Post
    Grant my wish for the end of this series to kick ass!

I knew Urahara was hiding out. Now where's Yoruichi?

Actually, I quite enjoyed this episode. I doubt I could explain why though.
    Really? It's the complete opposite for me. I thought the fighting was pretty lame. Can't exactly explain why, probably because it appeared like boring skirmish to me. Nothing really got to the point. And Aizen saying he's reached his limit while fighting Ichigo's father, when we've actually seen next to nothing of that fight (except for Isshin snapping Aizen through a few buildings which at most counts as foreplay in Bleach) was somehow rather incongruous, because Aizen being exhausted should be a big thing, which this episode totally failed to show us. He didn't even seem beat. And of course everyone always has time to for a nice talk and showing off with how awesome they are at analyzing and explaining, but that's nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by Endrance View Post
    And Aizen saying he's reached his limit while fighting Ichigo's father, when we've actually seen next to nothing of that fight (except for Isshin snapping Aizen through a few buildings which at most counts as foreplay in Bleach) was somehow rather incongruous, because Aizen being exhausted should be a big thing, which this episode totally failed to show us.
    I think you misread that statement. When he said he "reached his limit as a Shinigami" he wasn't saying he was exhausted, he was saying "I've become as powerful as I can as a Shinigami, but it's okay, because I'm about to evolve into my next form." He was taking Isshin's statement and throwing it back in his face.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder View Post
    I think you misread that statement. When he said he "reached his limit as a Shinigami" he wasn't saying he was exhausted, he was saying "I've become as powerful as I can as a Shinigami, but it's okay, because I'm about to evolve into my next form." He was taking Isshin's statement and throwing it back in his face.
    You mean like a pokémon?

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    To be honest Gin's bankai doesn't really impress me. It brings little advantage compared to the shikai.
    Gins Bankai is impressive - he deliberately got everyone to focus on the fact that in shikai it extends for 100m and in bankai it extends for 13km, and drew attention away from the fact that while its length had increased exponentially - the speed of its extension (and retraction) had also increased at presumably the same rate.
    In effect in any close combat fight Gin could pierce his opponent the moment the tip of his sword pointed at him.
    trying to hit a target a long distance away could be quite comical with the degree of error that kraco pointed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    You mean like a pokémon?

Quote Originally Posted by anime nomad View Post
    trying to hit a target a long distance away could be quite comical with the degree of error that kraco pointed out.
    I think that with the speed that thing retracts, he could just wave the point in their general direction and extend/contract thousands of times. Maybe at the 13 km mark some delay might happen and it could be dodged, but yeah at closer ranges than that you would be fucked. He's just messing with Ichigo at this point-he hasn't been making constant attempts to stab him in earnest. Maybe when Ichigo's mask comes out he actually will break his sword, but I doubt that'll happen soon if Gin transforms next.

From Isshin's reaction it made me think that Aizen was saying that the Hogyouku can't bring back the dead, or else Ichigo's wish of resurrecting his mother would have taken effect when Rukia arrived at his house. Isshin's wish too, but I guess it's speculation whether Isshin was home and asleep when Rukia arrived.
    Last edited by DayoftheDante; Thu, 11-18-2010 at 02:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by anime nomad View Post
    Gins Bankai is impressive - he deliberately got everyone to focus on the fact that in shikai it extends for 100m and in bankai it extends for 13km, and drew attention away from the fact that while its length had increased exponentially - the speed of its extension (and retraction) had also increased at presumably the same rate.
    If the speed was affected as well, then I of course admit the bankai did bring a huge improvement (even if the full range still is highly impractical). Maybe you are right. After all, in the SS arc the shikai speed hardly seemed like that of a bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    You mean like a pokémon?
    Well, I meant more like a Ressureccion. But I suppose Pokemon works too.

I looked it up again and you're right about that. But this episode failed to entertain me nevertheless. I'm not saying my expectations of the anime weren't fulfilled, but I'm one of the people who really think that Bleach was good up until a certain point. Bleach just has too much random bullshit going on since then. Other than Yamamoto's fight and a few exceptions such as Ichigo stopping Grimmjow with one hand out of sheer willpower because a friend called upon him, Bleach has also lacked the awesome scenes that give me goosebumps (in a good way). And well, the storytelling just isn't interesting anymore. They're flying over fake Karakura Town for like one year or even more of episodes, having a dispute that has way more of a talk show with violence in it than a genuine war. That's just sad.

They're flying over fake Karakura Town for like one year or even more of episodes, having a dispute that has way more of a talk show with violence in it than a genuine war. That's just sad.
    Fake Karakura is the new Namek.

Fake Karakura is the new Namek.
    Yeah, except they were using the space of a whole, yet dull planet.

Yeah, except they were using the space of a whole, yet dull planet.
    It was a pretty small planet though. They could fly from one side to the other in a few minutes.