Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One Piece Episode 480

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Endrance View Post
    I don't read the manga, but it's good to have someone else apparently mostly objective posting here sometimes doing so instead of only those ignorant fanatics infesting episode threads week after week with their glaring rainbow brain farts.
    The thing is, you`re just bitching at us for the sake of bitching, if you can find 3 "ignorant fanatics like me and DarthEnder" that claimed that the stretching was done in a good matter in this forums then i will eat my words right here and right now, otherwise, kindly shut the fuck up.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

I get why they stretch things, but I don't get why they're not to be blamed. Sure, it might be clever financially, but that still makes the anime worse. And I don't see nothin of that money, so from my position I blame them for creating garbage out of good material and insulting my intelligence. It's not just annoying, it makes the credibility of the plot suffer real bad. And that's never a good thing. This shit happens so often, especially in the gaming genre and I for one am getting annoyed by that quantity over quality attitude. Though as I said, it happened before in One Piece and didn't have the impact it had in the Whitebeard war arc. Alot of shit went wrong here.

@UChessmaster: Come again? Nobody cares about pathetic wannabe troll phrases. If you can't even troll properly, then shut the fuck up yourself and stick your head in a can of ice water to cool down a little. See? I can do that, too. It's not even hard. I've also never claimed that any of you ever said something positive about stretching (although I'd believe you at least implied it at some point to defend your favorite anime if someone told me). Where did you get that from?
    You should learn your place. Members do not have the license of telling other members how to act. All I do is discuss, even if you might call it bitching, because you disagree for the sake of disagreeing. What you do is far more destructive, as all you do in one post is aggressive flaming. I can go along without that, but you apparently cannot. Some teasing here and there is fine, but you're just being pathetic. Getting too focused on personal matters in a discussion forum might get you a warning or even a ban, you know.
    Last edited by Endrance; Thu, 01-06-2011 at 07:12 PM.

Yeah, that`s cute, just what i thought you would say.

Quote Originally Posted by Endrance
    Nobody cares about pathetic wannabe troll phrases. If you can't even troll properly
    Apparently you do since took the time to hit me with a wall-o-text.

Then shut the fuck up yourself and stick your head in a can of ice water to cool down a little.
    No and i`ve no idea what a can of "ice water" is supposed to do, so i`ll pass on that too.

I've also never claimed that any of you ever said something positive about stretching. Where did you get that from?
    I got that idea from the post i quoted and the one where you call me out.

Members do not have the license of telling other members how to act.
    shut the fuck up yourself and stick your head in a can of ice water to cool down a little.
    Oh the irony.

I`m done with the Off topic, please, continue to enlighten us with your walls and brilliant remarks comparable only to the finest Shakespearean writing.

Again, you can have the last word .
    Last edited by UChessmaster; Thu, 01-06-2011 at 07:50 PM.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

To be honest, the only thing that really bothers me about this arc is how many deaths the whitebeard crew is willing to sacrifice just to prevent Ace's execution.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

That bothered me as well, what`s going to happen to all the dead whitebeards and allies, there`s also the possibility of some random pirates getting arrested, i doubt we will ever hear anything about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    To be honest, the only thing that really bothers me about this arc is how many deaths the whitebeard crew is willing to sacrifice just to prevent Ace's execution.
    I don't think anyone has actually died so far.

I mean, sure, you get a ton of people getting thrown through the air by explosions and whatnot. But...well...you know...Pell.

I doubt Oars is even dead and he's clearly taken the worst beating.

Oh...and that marine Akainu melted. That guy is totally dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentenal View Post
    I can't really blame them for stretching it out, because there haven't really been any opportunities for them to stick in any filler arcs between where the anime is, and where the manga is now (unless they pull an lol-bleach-filler arc). Because there aren't really any places for them to cram the filler into, they have to spread it among the episodes. For anime only watchers, it is probably annoying, but for manga readers, alot of this is just manga stuff+extra material/filler (I won't complain if I get more stuff added like extra Smoker fighting, but some of the stuff like the Hancock gags are just too much).
    Same. I'm a pure anime watcher(or at least, don't read manga chapters till after they've appeared in the anime), and the only times this arc feels like it's dragged is during Hancock and Buggy scenes.

I just don't understand the attitude that if they aren't specifically showing what a character is doing at every given second, then that character must be standing around doing nothing. It's like they have no concept of what a swirling melee is.

Nobody cares about pathetic wannabe troll phrases.
    I like how the guy who attacked a bunch of board members about a topic nobody was even discussing is calling other people trolls.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Fri, 01-07-2011 at 12:00 AM.

I get why they stretch things, but I don't get why they're not to be blamed. Sure, it might be clever financially, but that still makes the anime worse. And I don't see nothin of that money, so from my position I blame them for creating garbage out of good material and insulting my intelligence. It's not just annoying, it makes the credibility of the plot suffer real bad. And that's never a good thing. This shit happens so often, especially in the gaming genre and I for one am getting annoyed by that quantity over quality attitude. Though as I said, it happened before in One Piece and didn't have the impact it had in the Whitebeard war arc. Alot of shit went wrong here.

@UChessmaster: Come again? Nobody cares about pathetic wannabe troll phrases. If you can't even troll properly, then shut the fuck up yourself and stick your head in a can of ice water to cool down a little. See? I can do that, too. It's not even hard. I've also never claimed that any of you ever said something positive about stretching (although I'd believe you at least implied it at some point to defend your favorite anime if someone told me). Where did you get that from?
    You should learn your place. Members do not have the license of telling other members how to act. All I do is discuss, even if you might call it bitching, because you disagree for the sake of disagreeing. What you do is far more destructive, as all you do in one post is aggressive flaming. I can go along without that, but you apparently cannot. Some teasing here and there is fine, but you're just being pathetic. Getting too focused on personal matters in a discussion forum might get you a warning or even a ban, you know.
    Then there must be no possible way to win with you. If you don't have any opportunities to add in filler arcs (like in this case), you either have to stretch it out, or you catch up to the manga. One can have its effects mitigated to an extent, the other is disastrous. Its the nature of the beast with anime adaptations of still-running manga. Why should we blame the anime for taking the less disastrous route? Then again, I'm arguing with a master troll who succeeded in turning a Bleach episode discussion into a FF7 discussion, so maybe I should just cut my losses here and stop.

Neniuntaill

your newest member

hey. I can't wait to be a part of this community

Jounin
    On the topic of sacrifice for Ace release, it's because the Whitebeard pirates rules. If you touch one of them they will come for you. The Marines are no exception. So it was a matter of principal. Either they did nothing and their own reputation and name would be hurt by it or they could do what they did now. Also Ace was a very loved one among the entire crew. The entire crew seems determined to lay down their lives if needed.

From a tactician's point of view it would have been better to sacrifice Ace to continue to be strong. But for a pirate crew that's like a family, saving Ace is the only choice that exist. I respect the Whitebeard crew for showing that they're not all talk and they not only enforce their rules against weaker pirates and marines like a bully, but also against those bigger then them self.

Quote Originally Posted by UChessmaster View Post
    Yeah, that`s cute, just what i thought you would say.
    I could go that route, too. But it's way under my level claiming things I cannot prove.

No and i`ve no idea what a can of "ice water" is supposed to do, so i`ll pass on that too.
    It's supposed to say "icy water". Small typo. Still, it's funny to see someone being fussy about grammar, when that guy just posted a sentence like this "Apparently you do since took the time to hit me with a wall-o-text." and is generally the member with the most grammatical errors in his posts on this forum.

I got that idea from the post i quoted and the one where you call me out.
    I see where you got it from, I was asking how you got that out of it, since at no point I've said anything about you claiming that stretching is good.

Oh the irony.
    What I posted was supposed to be ironic and everyone can see that. But thanks for repeating the obvious Mr. Grammar.

I`m done with the Off topic, please, continue to enlighten us with your walls and brilliant remarks comparable only to the finest Shakespearean writing.
    I bet you are. Running away is all you do after being done with your flame post having no content other than that, but I'm not letting you get away just like that.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder View Post
    I like how the guy who attacked a bunch of board members about a topic nobody was even discussing is calling other people trolls.
    I've called him a pathetic wannabe troll, to be exact. And I'm generally the guy seeing important issues others aren't. Don't see anything wrong with posting them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentenal View Post
    Then there must be no possible way to win with you. If you don't have any opportunities to add in filler arcs (like in this case), you either have to stretch it out, or you catch up to the manga. One can have its effects mitigated to an extent, the other is disastrous. Its the nature of the beast with anime adaptations of still-running manga. Why should we blame the anime for taking the less disastrous route? Then again, I'm arguing with a master troll who succeeded in turning a Bleach episode discussion into a FF7 discussion, so maybe I should just cut my losses here and stop.
    If you would be so kind and check this again, you would find out that I was just making a comparison. Darth Ender was the one who started the distraction and kept posting false information. Although I was leading the discussion later on, I wasn't the one who started it. Still, I don't see anything wrong with that. The most interesting discussions are the unintended and I could find out alot about Darth Ender's and other members behaviour and thinking in general.

Also there are ways to avoid catching up or destroying the plot by stretching or adding in bad fillers. Producing viable filler episodes by adding in content that actually has some kind of quality isn't any harder than keeping the story going. We've seen good fillers before, so we know it's not impossible. It's also possible to calculate accurately before releasing an anime. Hell, it would even have been possible to actually fill logical holes with um... some logic. They just did a very bad job at all of it in this arc.
    Last edited by Endrance; Fri, 01-07-2011 at 05:18 AM.

UChessmaster made an excellent and valid point, though: It'd be strange if the marines don't capture any pirates during this confrontation, assuming the whole place won't get levelled and the pirates win. But that seems somewhat dubious. Looking back at this whole operation, I don't think the Whitebeards demonstrated overly good planning and strategy all in all. It would be strange if their escape plan, then, would be so excellent that every lowly deck scrubber gets away.

From a strategic point of view saving a man of Ace's calibre and standing (an officer, to use military terms) is of course much more important than saving some nameless thug. Also, like has been said before, what would their whole army stand for if not for taking action when action is needed? It's no cold war since nobody has Plutons or other doomsday machines.

Edit: The next one to continue the stupid trolling war gets an extra vacation. Grow up, dudes. In this world you won't always get the last word.

Jounin
    Well you have to remember that they are pirates. It would feel strange if they had better strategy prowess then the marines that is basically the one and only military in this world. Sengoku is supposed to be the most feared strategist we have heard of. And he has home field advantage.

Also Sengoku raised the claim of Whitebeard trying to make Ace the Pirate King. It's been a common theme that most of the old big name pirates from Rogers era look for the newer pirates to have their own era and that their role is now more of support. So if that is true then that would make even more sense why Whitebeard is prepared to sacrifice this much for Ace. Even though Marco has higher rank, he don't strike me as a Captain. He is more of a follower. And i bet that is what WB thinks too. Marco would be a good leader, but Ace will be a great leader. Ace have demonstrated a strong will many times and he has the same kind of charisma that Luffy exudes.

Quote Originally Posted by TwisT View Post
    the marines that is basically the one and only military in this world.
    each county has it's own army / military... remember the alabasta war ? the current government vs the rebels... Wapol had his own army too, they just turned pirates when Blackbeard came (there were plenty of other kings in that vivi flashback too)

the marines just have the biggest army that "control" the whole world, well except maybe for the revolutionaries who are trying to free other counties from the marine oppressors and operate world wide too fighting wars in all counties

And you have to remember that pirates fight the marines all the time and other counties too when they come ashore as well as each other, and the WB pirates are at the center of it all being one of the 4 biggest groups fighting for control of the New World witch is the biggest battlefield there is... so they should have plenty of experience / strategy