Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VB Upgraded

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    Ever since the upgrade that brought with it the "new" looking textbox, I've noticed a few things:

1) When I'm trying to post from my mobile device (Nokia N97, Opera Mobile browser) the text input is inconsistent. Sometimes I can't click onto the box to start typing, and at times it will also remove my paragraph formatting and put my entire post into one big paragraph.

2) The second thing I've encountered when I'm browsing this using FF6 and W7: When I make a release post with a link for an episode, then go back after I've watched the episode myself and start editing with comments below it, the entire contents of the post will be hyperlinked with the torrent link. When I go to highlight the relevant sections and unlink them using the button in the textbox, the entire post becomes unlinked, and I have to manually relink the episode title with the corresponding release link.
    I use my nokia 5800 and firefox to browse the forum all the time and i never noticed any of this

I have problems, posting when using the Iphone. It doesn't separate the paragraphs it just adds it to the forum as one big mess. Other than that no problems posting or browsing.
    ___
    ---------------------------- "THE DROPOUT CREW"--------------------------------
    ________Deblas, IfingHateTonTon, RyougaZell, dragonrage.________

________ we may fuck up alot but we always pull thru.

Chapter 1: Well, then, I suppose I have to test Opera Mini on my Nokia C6 to add credibility to the statistics.

Chapter 2: It's now or never. Never or now.

Edit: Seemed to work perfectly. Is this another wysiwyg mode error or what?

I also noticed that [flash] videos tend to overlap the reputation button.

Take this for example, if you try to rep Lucifus, you just cannot due to XanBcoo's video embedding.

Blog Entries
    Oh and by the way, that restore saved content feature? Thank you!

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    I wasn't exactly psyched about CKEditor showing up to replace the old reliable wysiwyg with that update. I was mainly concerned about a critical from-remote security issue that, if exploited, could leak all your email addresses and (salted, hashed) password info and whatnot, and apparently it's just the way that vbulletin decided to go with the editor, but ... not exactly the happiest thing to discover about the upgrade.

I'm going to be going from 4.1.4 to 4.1.5pl1 in the next few days, so we can check back on the status of those issues after that. Some of the CKEditor stuff might be resolved in the latest release, others might not. I know a couple bugs with it are fixed, especially pertaining to editing posts. So hopefully that gets better after the next patch.

I suspect the flash overlapping thing is a css issue that lives in our customizations to the template. I'll probably have to track down which template is floating on top of something that should be floating inside of it instead, or something like that. If you can point me at a good example thread, I'll see what I can do to track it down, but I'm slightly burned from an increasingly insane time at work, and am disinclined to go hunting for an example just now.

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    Rolled out another update. Tweaks? Bugs? Other weirdness? Let me know!

Going to the default forums.gotwoot.net (which is what my bookmark is set to) shows a "You do not have permission to access this page" error. I just clicked 'home' and it seems to be working fine elsewhere, but just thought I'd mention it.

Oh, reputation bars aren't displaying under usernames as well.

It's dangerous to go alone. Take Nep.

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    Ahh yes, the old "index.php defaults to cms instead of forums" issue. That should be better now.

Now where'd that rep bar setting get to ....

** Update **
    turns out somewhere in there they changed functions_reputation.php to do stuff slightly differently, making me have to re-merge my old rep-nerf mod into the new code instead of using the old file directly. Blaargh! Should be there now too...
    Last edited by complich8; Mon, 11-14-2011 at 11:30 PM.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Ah. Now the rep bar looks even more like a (ribbed) e-penis.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    Ah. Now the rep bar looks even more like a (ribbed) e-penis.
    ....wat?

Comp, I was doing some research on forum hosting for a friend, and decided to check out vBulletin's offers. In doing so, I noticed that vBulletin 5 is out. I'm curious, will there be an update in our future? I know next to nothing about maintaining a forum, and personally, I think the current version is just fine... but new is also exciting sometimes, no? Anyways, I figured I'd ask.

It's dangerous to go alone. Take Nep.

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    I looked at the features when vb5 came out. Nothing that I thought was interesting, seemed like they were really pushing toward the CMS and third-party social features to the detriment of normal forumgoer experience.

I've got no plans to push any upgrades other than security fixes, unless some really compelling reason showed up. And given vb5's reported performance characteristics, definitely not before we're living on some sort of better hardware... you know we've been on the same box since 2007?

Blog Entries
    I think the forums are fine as is, remember all the trouble to port the old theme to the new one last time?