Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bleach 308

Maybe because he gets enjoyment out of letting others struggle? I don't know, he did that quite alot. In fact it seemed to me that he didn't even do all this for the power alone, but to see other people suffer. Aizen even smiled at the Tousen blood explosion and Komamura going into rage mode because of it. He's that kinda psycho. Well and he also said it in this episode. He was happy that there was someone who could withstand him in some matters, so he could try out his new powers without people instantly vanishing.

Or possibly it's just...

Anyway, I wouldn't expect too much out of Bleach. It's Bleach.
    Last edited by Endrance; Wed, 02-09-2011 at 01:50 PM.

Jounin
    I agree. This episode was so epic in so many ways. The music, the dialogue, the action and the entrance of our hero who will now own the universe, since I can't see anyone being stronger than Ichigo now.

This is how the other anime of a certain ninja should have happened. :P

I can't wait for next week's episode.

I'm sad they didnt expand on Gin's explanation of his Bankai and breaking off a piece of his Zanpaktu inside.

Also first Bleach I've seen in ages. I think the last one I saw was Ichigo training with the Vizards.

Actually the discarding of his spiritual pressure, as Aizen put it, fits in very well with Ichigo's bankai. His bankai is basically a method of increasing his physical prowess by forcing all that spiritual pressure into a smaller form than traditional bankais. Being able to use all of his spiritual pressure in this matter is a perfect extension of that. Hejust has all the more spiritual pressure and his efficency has gone up to 100%.

Also consider that, all other things aside, Aizen is a smart man. His analysis of Ichigo is likely accurate, at least as far as the spiritual pressure goes. I suspect Aizen will evolve again and Ichigo will pull out one more elevated form with which to slap Aizen back down.

I think that spiritual pressure far surpassing your own is unfathomable, but still detectable. That may be lost in translation though: it would explain why Ichigo's friends are able to feel the pressure. Bleach is rather inconsistent when it comes to these things though: I haven't seen someone throw up in a while, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Artris View Post
    Also consider that, all other things aside, Aizen is a smart man. His analysis of Ichigo is likely accurate, at least as far as the spiritual pressure goes.
    I don't think so. I think his incorrect analysis is the harbinger if his impending defeat. He's scrambling for any explanation besides the fact that Ichigo is just way stronger than him now.

He's already been wrong, like, 3 times in this fight.

Ichigo's hilt is now a full-on swastika. He has become der Übermensch. More than the music and the action, what I enjoyed most in this ep were Aizen's facial expressions-starting from the moment Ichigo tossed him out like used Kotex(with wings!). That crap was a long time coming, and man... it was sweet. The only way to improve upon it would have been stopping the blade with one finger instead of catching it.

You know what else is telling about Ichigo's development? Since when has he been Mr. Keen Analytical Guy? He checked on his siblings' spiritual pressure from across the damn town.

Yeah, that's the other way you know Aizen is wrong. If Ichigo has given up all his spiritual power for physical power, he wouldn't have been able to sense his family from across town.

But this solution is junky DBZish even if it looks super cool. Making Ichigo into a metaphorical reiatsu battle tank leaves basically no opening for more story except to make a stronger enemy that just really stretches the series. What's he going to do next, challenge the spirit king and take over? Take on Squad Zero? Or is there some mysterious almighty entity that was powerful enough to control Aizen as an underling all along? All of the above choices kind of suxxors...

And this climax is coming a bit early considering the fights in Hueco Mundo still aren't entirely over. I'm actually looking more forward to seeing the aftermath and rebuilding of Karakura (and associated friendships) and the spirit world than looking forward to what enemy comes next, since I get the feeling that aspect will be crappy...
    Last edited by David75; Fri, 02-11-2011 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Double post

After this battle is over, the series is over. Even if it isn't, it is for me. I'm sick of being dragged around by fillers, the constant pointless jumps in power and any real consistency in mechanics. I'll be back to watch what is left after Bleach officially bites (the dust).

Thankfully (never thought I'd say this) Naruto is picking up and seems a bit more consistent.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DayoftheDante View Post
    Ichigo's hilt is now a full-on swastika. He has become der Übermensch. More than the music and the action, what I enjoyed most in this ep were Aizen's facial expressions-starting from the moment Ichigo tossed him out like used Kotex(with wings!). That crap was a long time coming, and man... it was sweet. The only way to improve upon it would have been stopping the blade with one finger instead of catching it.

You know what else is telling about Ichigo's development? Since when has he been Mr. Keen Analytical Guy? He checked on his siblings' spiritual pressure from across the damn town.
    After catching the blade, I was waiting for him to break it with a simple finger movement.

It's true that the single finger stop would have been a nice answer to Aizen who did the same, but for some reason they did not want to be repetitive only for that detail.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Quote Originally Posted by kmkze04 View Post
    What's he going to do next, challenge the spirit king and take over? Take on Squad Zero?
    I think they've been setting up the Spirit King and Squad Zero for ages now. That seemed to me to be the obvious next phase of the story. Aizen's whole purpose seemed to be to become strong enough to take on the Spirit King. And if he didn't do it, Ichigo obviously has. It just becomes a matter of introducing whatever the conflict between them is.

My money is on the Spirit King kidnapping one of Ichigo's female friends. And Ichigo must break into the Spirit King's realm to get her back! But first, Nel has to train to learn new powers!

I really didn't think going into the Heuco Mundo arc that Ichigo and Aizen were going to tear down in this arc. I thought Aizen was going to sacrifice the Espada for whatever his actual purpose in this arc was and that he and Gin and Tousen would succeed and leave to be fought in some future arc.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder View Post
    It just becomes a matter of introducing whatever the conflict between them is.
    Are you thinking that this is all an elaborate revenge plan on the part of Aizen? Like, the Spirit King built a freeway over his parents' house or something? Sneezed into his yogurt? I'll be awed if they can somehow turn Aizen into a sympathetic character.

I'd say no matter how good his reasons for hating the Spirit King might be, Aizen's methods would have way crossed over the line twice at this point.

It's like trying to feel sympathetic for Sasuke at this point. It just ain't happening.

Well, this was a nice surprise. I thought it'd be a while yet before Ichigo showed up. The face wash was awesome. And Ichigo saying that it was his blade that destroyed the mountain was badass. I'm gonna rewatch this and it's rare that happens. EPIC is what this was.

Also, I'd like to say how pleased I was with the lack of censorship in this particular episode. Most notably Gin getting his arm ripped off. For awhile now, that kind of thing has happened to a lot of characters, and it always ends up censored. Not the episode for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder View Post
    Also, I'd like to say how pleased I was with the lack of censorship in this particular episode. Most notably Gin getting his arm ripped off. For awhile now, that kind of thing has happened to a lot of characters, and it always ends up censored. Not the episode for some reason.
    Pleased and amazed. Why just break Szayel's arm but rip Gin's straight off? If you're gonna censor, do it well or don't do it at all.

The part I like most is how Ichigo ignores Aizen as he checks up on everybody and that when Aizen starts talking he suddenly interrupts him to "take this elsewhere". Pretty awesome ep.

Now... we can click as warriors... button to button, it is the basis of all internet.
    Only a fool trusts his life to a virus.