Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bleach 309

Wink Bleach 309

Quote Originally Posted by Marik View Post
    [HorribleSubs] Bleach 309 - 720p: Torrent | DDL
    [HorribleSubs] Bleach 309 - 480p: Torrent | DDL

Uuuhhh... not as Azien planed... sad...

Btw, Azien's VA is superb.

Very nice episode. Luckily this explains a few things.
    This is a perfect time to end bleach for a while without feeling unfinished. It also explains why Isshin is so weak IMO. Because of his cape etc. I've always seen him as something like a royal guard, but when he fought Aizen he was pretty weak. He lost his powers by using this final getsugatensho, regained them years later, apparently, and might still be rebuilding his power. This makes me wonder if we get a time-leap when the series picks up again.
    I predict this show will end with Ichigo hearing Zangetsu calling his name...

Aww, i liked Ichigo's "final form" more than all his previous ones, and it's already lost ._.

Short fight but overall good ep!

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Ichigo was already orders of magnitude stronger than uber-evolved Aizen.
    Why did he even need to use the final getsugatensho?
    Ok I know it's very flashy, nice and spectacular.
    It's just that I feel it wasn't the best moment to use it.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Well even the final one didn't kill Aizen, it only made it possible for Urahara's "seal" to do its thing, Aizen's regeneration ability apparently made him near-impossible to kill...

So is he just sealed away for now.. and can he come back later on??

So where did Ichigo get his ridiculous power from when not using the final Getsugatensho? Even without his final Getsugatensho, he went from captain-level to above-Aizen-final-form-level.
    Last edited by David75; Tue, 02-15-2011 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Sorry, wrong button ;)

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Board of Command View Post
    So where did Ichigo get his ridiculous power from when not using the final Getsugatensho? Even without his final Getsugatensho, he went from captain-level to above-Aizen-final-form-level.

3 months of pure training and getting to terms with his blade's split personality.
    Should he be a hard worker like Naruto, he'd own Gods in a couple of years
    Again, he didn't even need to go FG to cut Aizen in half as he did.

Regarding Aizen's crap talk, He described himself as a transcendental being, surpassing both Shinigamis and Hollows.
    But to me, his final evolution is clearly Hollow. Plot hole again? (3 holes in the chest that is )

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Quote Originally Posted by David75 View Post
    Ichigo was already orders of magnitude stronger than uber-evolved Aizen.
    Why did he even need to use the final getsugatensho?
    Ok I know it's very flashy, nice and spectacular.
    It's just that I feel it wasn't the best moment to use it.
    What always (well not in every fight, but it happened often) was strange about Bleach and still is at this point in this episode - the autor has not implied an essential need for Ichigo to use the Final Getsuga Tenshou. He was way stronger than Aizen before his "last" form (in fact Aizen looked like an ant) and although one might want to argue that he got way stronger afterwards, Kubo did not visualize that Ichigo had to sacrifice his Shinigami powers by using the Final Getsuga. Aizen got him with that weird reiatsu circle prison whatever, but Ichigo didn't even try to get out of it without using his final resort. Aizen just "evolved", grabbed Ichigo and that was enough reason for him to risk sacrificing his powers without knowing that Aizen would regenerate? Actually he saw him regenerating before, so it WAS an incredibly stupid decision to risk using it (or isn't it even worse? I mean didn't he kinda kill Zangetsu by using it?), as he obviously didn't seem to know about Urahara placing that sealing kido on Aizen. If Kubo wrote it in a way, that would have let Ichigo known about Urahara's plan or Ichigo wouldn't have a choice but to use the Final Getsuga, cause Aizen was stronger than him without using it. But he did neither. So this just looked plain weird.

Other than that a solid episode. By far not as good as the last one and way too short for a final fight (about EVERY fight before this took WAY longer than this one). I'm not essentially complaining it wasn't ten episodes long, but one and a half episode really is too short for a shounen counting 300+ episodes. Kinda feels like they got it the wrong way around. It wasn't incredible, but ok (although imo not final fight worthy) compared to all of the serious garbage in the uberly dragged out war shit arc. Still, I don't want to praise Kubo for partially completely fucking up the "ending".

EDIT: Oh and, about the too obvious and stupidly enacted reasonings between Zangetsu and Ichigo - I told you, didn't I!
    Last edited by Endrance; Tue, 02-15-2011 at 05:28 PM.

Freakin' epic.

Aizen is hilariously pathetic when he's rationalizing in a panic.

"I can't sense your Spirit Pressure, you must not have any or exchanged it all, it's not because you're way stronger than me!"

"Look at that, my Zanpaktou is disintigrating! That must mean I'm evolving so I don't need it! It's certainly not because I'm fucking dying!"

What a tool.

Anyway, so Ichigo lost his Shinigami powers eh. I know the series doesn't end here, so it seems fairly obvious that he's going to have to further develop his Hollow powers. If Nel teaches him to become an Arrancar, he can at least get a new sword, so there's that at least.

Plus, he will get his Shinigami powers back at some point, because Isshin clearly isn't powerless. And one assumes he's used the FGT at one point.

Quote Originally Posted by Endrance View Post
    What always (well not in every fight, but it happened often) was strange about Bleach and still is at this point in this episode - the autor has not implied an essential need for Ichigo to use the Final Getsuga Tenshou. He was way stronger than Aizen before his "last" form (in fact Aizen looked like an ant) and although one might want to argue that he got way stronger afterwards, Kubo did not visualize that Ichigo had to sacrifice his Shinigami powers by using the Final Getsuga.
    I imagine he had to use the Getsuga Tensho because, even though he was much stronger than Aizen, he wasn't doing any real damage to Aizen in return. Every time he hurt him, Aizen just regenerated, then evolved even further. The FGT was likely his attempt to put Aizen down for good.

It seemed obvious to me at least that if he didn't put Aizen down hard, Aizen would just keep getting stronger until he DID surpass Ichigo.

Aizen just "evolved", grabbed Ichigo and that was enough reason for him to risk sacrificing his powers without knowing that Aizen would regenerate? Actually he saw him regenerating before, so it WAS an incredibly stupid decision to risk using it
    What else was he supposed to do? Just slash at Aizen ineffectually all day? Even though he was stronger, he wasn't DOING anything to Aizen.

I kinda felt like it was a pretty big gamble/leap on Urahara's part that Ichigo's final attack would weaken Aizen enough so the Hogyoku(sp?) would suddenly "change its mind" and no longer consider Aizen it's master.. just felt abit weird :P

That's what I had thought would happen originally anyway. Since we know the Hougyoku doesn't have to be inside someone to grant their wishes, just be near them, that it would choose Ichigo over Aizen in the end and give Ichigo the power to defeat Aizen.

Kinda did the reverse. Instead of making Ichigo stronger, it just weakened Aizen instead.

does this mean bleach is over now?

.................................................. sig made by KitKat ..................................................

Don't think so. From upcoming episode titles, it looks like there's one more episode, then it's going into filler.

To bad. Great place to go on hiatus.

The anime will end within a few episodes, but to my knowledge the manga is still going. Since the anime is só close to the manga it was either end it after this arc, or getting into a naruto-like filler hell. Since this whole 'Ichigo losing his powers' event happened, it is the best time to stop the anime and pick it up in like 1 or 2 years.

Bleach had made clear pretty early in the series that 'permanently losing your powers' doesn't mean permanent. When Ishida used his pinnacle Quincy powers by breaking the glove when he was fighting Mayuri in the SS arc he said that he would permanently lose his powers... yet he got them back..
    Same thing with Isshin. In other words, Ichigo will fight again as Shinigami.

I normally don't watch the previews at the end, but I was really curious about the aftermath of this. It looked to me from Matsumoto's reaction that Gin really is dead, or soon to be . If I'm wrong and he lives, he just might get some.

Aizen's final mask looked much like Hichigo's final form did, at least to me. And the form Ichigo took to use Mugetsu was totally Vincent Valentine-the bandages were just the wrong color.

One thing I had sort of hoped throughout this arc, was to see what Ishida's dad is capable of. Guess we'll never know, or maybe if the story picks up again then we will at some later point.

The more minor characters will probably take the foreground at this point while Ichigo regains his powers. They'll find some way to get him some new ability, I'm sure. What I do strangely wonder is if at some point Ichigo will start looking into the Spirit King and Aizen's not-so-final words and decide to break Aizen free, maybe to find a way to approach the Spirit King. Much like the SS arc, I get the feeling now that Ichigo will be the one who ends up fighting Zero Squad, and of course the current Shinigami will help him as his friends. I foresee Urahara having a change of heart from what he said in this episode and going against the Spirit King.

We'll probably see Ishida's dad get involved, as well as the Arrancar, and I foresee a return of Ashido (the Shinigami in the Hollow forest). Tatsuki and company will probably also start coming out with their own powers, and perhaps even the Hougyoku will play a part in giving Ichigo's powers back to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Harima Kenji View Post
    The anime will end within a few episodes, but to my knowledge the manga is still going. Since the anime is só close to the manga it was either end it after this arc, or getting into a naruto-like filler hell. Since this whole 'Ichigo losing his powers' event happened, it is the best time to stop the anime and pick it up in like 1 or 2 years.

Bleach had made clear pretty early in the series that 'permanently losing your powers' doesn't mean permanent. When Ishida used his pinnacle Quincy powers by breaking the glove when he was fighting Mayuri in the SS arc he said that he would permanently lose his powers... yet he got them back..
    Same thing with Isshin. In other words, Ichigo will fight again as Shinigami.
    damn.... 1 or 2 years without bleach... although i'd rather have that then naruto-like filler hell

.................................................. sig made by KitKat ..................................................

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder View Post
    What else was he supposed to do? Just slash at Aizen ineffectually all day? Even though he was stronger, he wasn't DOING anything to Aizen.
    In other words, Ichigo tried to defeat Aizen with more power. How would that stop Aizen from regenerating anyway? He took an incredible self-defeating risk, which he before didn't have to take at all by using the Final Getsuga and losing all of his powers. Aizen did not force him to use it at all by the looks of it. Ichigo only made him regenerate ONCE on his shoulder in an phenomenally short final fight and you say he took that as full proof evidence he couldn't defeat a self regenerating psycho ant? Not using a technique that completely owns himself and waiting for another opportunity at least one or two episodes would've been much more logical (like Urahara appearing?) BEFORE he decided to fuck himself for no reason, even if it wouldn't have done anything. By the way, Urahara could've just called Ichigo on his iPhone and told him he kinda had a plan or something. That way it would've looked much more plausible. This was just a complete fuck up in writing by Kubo and nothing less.

Ichigo only made him regenerate ONCE on his shoulder in an phenomenally short final fight and you say he took that as full proof evidence he couldn't defeat a self regenerating psycho ant?
    If he was only regenerating, that would be one thing, but Aizen powered up TWICE already(once when Ichigo threw across town, and again when he cut him). Twice is enough evidence for me to go "every time I wound him he gets stronger".

In other words, Ichigo tried to defeat Aizen with more power. How would that stop Aizen from regenerating anyway?
    I'm guessing he thought there'd be nothing left to regenerate after the FGT.

By the way, Urahara could've just called Ichigo on his iPhone and told him he kinda had a plan or something.
    Somehow, I doubt Ichigo has a phone on his spirit body.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder View Post
    If he was only regenerating, that would be one thing, but Aizen powered up TWICE already(once when Ichigo threw across town, and again when he cut him). Twice is enough evidence for me to go "every time I wound him he gets stronger".
    Ichigo didn't seem to feel any of those power up's effects. In fact, Aizen couldn't feel his reiatsu the whole fight, which means Ichigo was MUCH more powerful through all of it. Even if what you say would've been true, which is nothing but a pure assumption, Ichigo still wasn't forced yet to sacrifice Zangetsu, he was very far away from that point. Would you sacrifice all of your powers, a friend (well somehow, he called him that when he fought Kenpachi) and use your final resort that kicks your own ass at a point where you are totally dominating? Because that is exactly what happened in this episode (and as I said before, happened quite alot in this anime). Even if my opponent had the option to regenerate and power up by doing so (dunno, Aizen seemed to power up by anger the last time not that it matters), I would at least think about a plan instead of trying with raw power and own myself at the same time which isn't exactly the most ingenious option.

I'm guessing he thought there'd be nothing left to regenerate after the FGT.
    Epic Fail, I guess. Although that should've been what happened, considering Ichigo's power level was at least ten times Aizen's after transforming into black haired SSJ3 Ninja. It seemed to me that Kubo just wanted Ichigo to lose his powers ASAP and get over with the shitty arc already.

Somehow, I doubt Ichigo has a phone on his spirit body.
    Orly? C'mon. There's so many ways of writing to somehow let Ichigo get a glimpse of what Urahara was going to do. Like a "new invention", Urahara appearing again or letting Yoruichi do it instead cause she's faster. Or maybe a "mental connection" between father and son. All easily possible in an anime like Bleach that follows maybe around two or three iron rules. We've seen cheap stuff like that before, so why not now? Don't play the moron, I know you aren't as stupid as Kubo.
    Last edited by Endrance; Thu, 02-17-2011 at 05:30 PM.