Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Naruto Shippuuden Episode 208

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder View Post
    Doesn't seem a practical use to me.

Give 30% to a clone that gets defeated and then, what, fight them yourself?

I'd rather give the clone like 95%, give it the best chance of winning, and then just NEVER engage the enemy myself. If the 95% clone can't win, you wouldn't beat them anyway.
    1) The clone won't have physical perks (MSharingan etc)
    2) See Fox Naruto vs Demon Sasuke fight for details regarding 5% difference

But yeah, otherwise if you didn't have a bloodline limit, and in general when you're fighting someone, that's a great idea.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    2) See Fox Naruto vs Demon Sasuke fight for details regarding 5% difference
    Well sure, thematically speaking it always comes down to that last 1%.

But realistically. Which has a better chance of beating the enemy. A. a clone at 30% followed by yourself at 70%, or B. the clone at 95%, then you run like hell if it loses, and you have a huge head start because you were miles away the whole time.

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    I think the clones only got 30% because they were giving their chakra to seal the 1 tail, also, the clones itself fought as a decoy iirc.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Possible, yes. Though you'd have to wonder how one can ever copy the ability of a bloodline limit like the Sharingan.
    Here is an interesting idea. We haven't seen the spore dude do much other than support Madara. We also don't understand how it is that Madara has survived so long. I think most of us attributed it to the Eternal Sharingar, but what if Madara has somehow managed to live all this time with the spore guys help?

The foam coming out of the arm is note worthy and does fit the spore guy's style. I still think Madara is the man behind the scenes, pulling the strings, but maybe he has had some help.

Blog Entries
    I haven't watched Naruto in a while, have there been any episodes with particularly good animation ever since the Pain arc?

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Not really.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

If you actually though the Pain arc had good animation, then yes, tons of episodes have had animation that good...

Blog Entries
    I'm talking about the Hinata episode, not the roadrunner one

Eye was happy to see Kakashi feeling about as dilated as we expected him to at becoming the Hokage. Hopefuly Naruto has the foresight to become Bee’s pupil soon. In hindsight Madara had obviously laid eyes on the two bloodlines that made up Danzo’s retina before, and thus was able to envision their tactics accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Artris View Post
    what if Madara has somehow managed to live all this time with the spore guys help?

The foam coming out of the arm is note worthy and does fit the spore guy's style
    This is a perspective eye had not previously visualized. It wouldn't be too shocking if your observation comes into focus. But the situation is too blurry to diagnose at a glance, it'll take time before it all becomes sclera.

Quote Originally Posted by DayoftheDante View Post
    Eye was happy to see Kakashi feeling about as dilated as we expected him to at becoming the Hokage. Hopefuly Naruto has the foresight to become Bee’s pupil soon. In hindsight Madara had obviously laid eyes on the two bloodlines that made up Danzo’s retina before, and thus was able to envision their tactics accordingly.

This is a perspective eye had not previously visualized. It wouldn't be too shocking if your observation comes into focus. But the situation is too blurry to diagnose at a glance, it'll take time before it all becomes sclera.
    I am not sure why, but after the 5th or 6th pun, each one made me laugh out loud harder and harder.

@Archangel: I enjoyed the sasuke vs. kages fight

Quote Originally Posted by DayoftheDante View Post

I have to salute you for that. You sure came armed with a handful of puns. If you don't get what's going on, you need to get a grip. Some of these are hard to grasp, but most can be understood handily.

Btw, do you guys think Danzo has pretty good hand-eye coordination?

ANBU Captain
    even though danzou's henchmen seem to have held their own i just cant never feel like ANBU is just pure hyped up garbage ninja. Initially they were supposed to be these badasses that go around handling secret jounin level tasks and recovering rogue ninja. Now anybody that ever had any merit just bailed on that dumbass group.....aside from kakashi and itachi what powerful figures has ANBU churned out? They really dont even get that seeing as how both those guys were prodigies anyways >_>
    What if all those uchiha got slaughtered outside of the village? It would be worse than it is now with everybody and their grandma havin a freakin sharingan.....

Quote Originally Posted by toonice714 View Post
    even though danzou's henchmen seem to have held their own i just cant never feel like ANBU is just pure hyped up garbage ninja. Initially they were supposed to be these badasses that go around handling secret jounin level tasks and recovering rogue ninja. Now anybody that ever had any merit just bailed on that dumbass group.....aside from kakashi and itachi what powerful figures has ANBU churned out? They really dont even get that seeing as how both those guys were prodigies anyways >_>
    What if all those uchiha got slaughtered outside of the village? It would be worse than it is now with everybody and their grandma havin a freakin sharingan.....
    Actually, a lot of the ANBU we have seen are quite strong. They just seem weak due to how strong their opponents are. If it wasn't for the Mizukage, her right-hand man would have been toast. If madara couldn't freaking teleport or nonchalantly chop off his arm, he would have been toast. Both of Danzo's henchmen seem to be extremely powerful and useful, they just seem weak because they are going up against a Kage and an immortal.

Also, the ANBU fighting Pain seemed very strong too. They were just going up against immortal duplicating dogs...

Yamato, Ibiki, Zabuza. Also, basically any bodyguards of a Kage are usually ANBU correct? They're a squad under the direct order of the Kage if I remeber correctly.

Meh, ANBU always seemed to me, even from the beginning, to be stronger than Chuunin, but not as strong as Jounin.

I thought all ANBU were Jounin. It might just be something where you serve a term in the group for an amount of time or something once you hit Jounin status

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder View Post
    Meh, ANBU always seemed to me, even from the beginning, to be stronger than Chuunin, but not as strong as Jounin.
    I believed that too.

Blog Entries
    ANBU are special ops, they can include both chunnins and jounins alike. Regardless of what gotwoot's title system would seem to indicate one title doesn't invalidate the other.

I just got a nostalgia kick from discussing this btw, where the fuck is Abdula to contradict everything i say so we can get it on for the next 3 pages of this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    ANBU are special ops, they can include both chunnins and jounins alike. Regardless of what gotwoot's title system would seem to indicate one title doesn't invalidate the other.
    While that is true, I have never seen a Jounin ANBU - but that's the whole point of the masks too..

Blog Entries
    While that is true, I have never seen a Jounin ANBU - but that's the whole point of the masks too..
    Yamato and Zabuza spring to mind