Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: TV: Game of Thrones

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    Tyrion is obviously not dead...

I was a little confused as to who his attacker was or his motives behind it though.
    Yeah I don't know, looked like a death scene to me. I'll be the last to complain if he's not dead though; the injury itself is ambiguous enough as to severity to go either way.
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

Blog Entries
    He got sliced across the face but it didn't even hit his nose or eyes, he'll be fine. Hopefully he'll also get the recognition he deserves after this, the people at least should love him by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Penner View Post
    Yeah i was pretty confused by that part aswell, i kept trying to think of who his attacker might be, like if it was supposed to be someone i should have recognized or something.
    It was Ser Mandon Moore, another member of the Kingsguard that Tyrion called to go to battle with him. He was mentioned maybe once by name in this episode and once by name in the entire prior series.

Quote Originally Posted by Y View Post
    It was Ser Mandon Moore, another member of the Kingsguard that Tyrion called to go to battle with him. He was mentioned maybe once by name in this episode and once by name in the entire prior series.
    Please don't tell me George Martin is a fan of an early 2000s teen-pop idol and named one of his characters after her.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Considering A Game of Thrones was released in 1996 that's doubtful.

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha Barles View Post
    Tyrion nooooooooooooooooo!!! Man that sucks...who the fuck is that giant asshole that killed him? He was standing with Tyrion and Joffrey but I'm not sure who he is. They need to explain this shit now .

edit: Awesome ball of fire was awesome .

edit 2: Dog is a bitch. That was some coward action, but it creates a nice backdrop against which to measure how awesome Tyrion is.
    To answer #1, it was Mandon Moore

As for the Hound, you get badly burned when you are a little kid and see how well you deal with fire. I think it showed some interesting development when he basically said "fuck all this noise, I'm out".

edit: missed Y's comment.

Shows the hound is human afterall.

Thanks shinta|hikari for the sig.

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rockmanj View Post
    As for the Hound, you get badly burned when you are a little kid and see how well you deal with fire. I think it showed some interesting development when he basically said "fuck all this noise, I'm out".
    I dunno, it's not like he retreated to regroup and get himself back together, or look for a way to make himself useful in the battle, he ran. Like, turned tail and just ran saying to hell with everything. There's nothing commendable about that in a leader of armies regardless of past injuries.
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha Barles View Post
    I dunno, it's not like he retreated to regroup and get himself back together, or look for a way to make himself useful in the battle, he ran. Like, turned tail and just ran saying to hell with everything. There's nothing commendable about that in a leader of armies regardless of past injuries.
    That is kind of the thing about trauma inflicted as a child if you don't confront it; it kind of takes you back to that child-like state of fear and anxiety. Do you think Joffery or any of the Lannisters were into offering counseling services? I don't think it is spoiling to say that he has a deep and innate fear of fire, and when exposed to the stress of battle and seeing it surrounding him, it would be natural to freak out. I think the camerawork did a good job of showing his disorientation and confusion as well. Great editing and directing.

Funny how people view things differently, I didn't find him cowardly at all, i just loved how he walked off like "screw this shit", and when confronted he went "Fuck the Kingsguard, Fuck the City, Fuck the King". That shit was just awesome.

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

I think a lot of it comes down to Sandor's nature, which is absolutely not a "leader of armies" as Barles pointed out. Sandor and Gregor are basically the Lannisters' hitmen. It was a bad fucking idea to promote Sandor to the Kingsguard anyway, because the Kingsguard is supposed to be a noble and dedicated order and Sandor is the kind of guy whose only conversation is "Fuck you" or something about how awesome murder is. Hell before the battle started he was just about ready to murder Bronn who's the captain of the fucking City Watch. When it came down to it, being the best killer isn't what you need to defend your city, because when he had his fill of killing he was done. Sandor's lack of valor is not exactly cowardice, just... not valor. Him and Bronn have more in common than either of them want to admit, even given the scene in "Blackwater".

Also isn't the scene where Sandor returns to Sansa's room drunk during the battle creepy as shit? It comes off like he is convincing himself not to rape her.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Y View Post
    Also isn't the scene where Sandor returns to Sansa's room drunk during the battle creepy as shit? It comes off like he is convincing himself not to rape her.
    Really? It felt sort of sweet to me, like he was trying to redeem himself by helping her.

Well, Joffrey's Kingsguard is a big representation of him, so it would make sense that it is filled with a bunch of sadists and dishonorable men.

Really? It felt sort of sweet to me, like he was trying to redeem himself by helping her.
    The fact that she had to repeat "You won't hurt me" to him as he is leering over her is pretty disturbing. Also, I don't think Sandor is the kind of guy who would carry Sansa home to Winterfell for honor and glory. Not to mention the fact that obviously he didn't.

I don't think he would do it for honor and glory; I think he would have done it just because. I know he is a brutal man, but I don't think he had any intention of raping Sansa. I agree with AA on this point.

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    He got sliced across the face but it didn't even hit his nose or eyes, he'll be fine. Hopefully he'll also get the recognition he deserves after this, the people at least should love him by now.
    Watch it again. He has a single cut on his forehead and across his cheek. From a single slice. So it cut through his entire face, through the bone.

Also: let's not go crazy with the Hound hate. So what if he ran away? It's not his war. Why should he fight and die to protect some assholes he doesn't even like? It's one thing to fight for them when they pay well. It's entirely another when it's likely they will go extinct. Indeed, I would say Tyrion would have done the same thing if he could have. I'm pretty sure he even said so, more than once.

And the Hound is a brutal killer, but he isn't going to rape Sansa. He knows she's in over her head, and he actually does care. She isn't an asshole like the Lannisters he hates. She is their victim.
    Last edited by poopdeville; Sun, 06-03-2012 at 10:50 AM.
    "After all, I am strangely colored."

Blog Entries
    I will fucking bet my right testicle that he'll come out of this with nothing more than a scar.

Blog Entries
    Who the fuck burned Winterfell? And why? Rob is an idiot. Snow grew some balls after fucking up. Arya should have taken the deal. Jaken is fucking awesome. Tyrion is the unluckiest bastard on the face of the earth. Brienne kicks ass.

Jounin
    Nice summery there. Is Jaken the redguard/criminal that is killing for Arya? Can never hear his name clearly. Thought it was Jack or something. Yea he was awesome indeed. I wonder what he is. A Sorcerer? Thief? Assassin?

Rob is losing his shit. Stiring up female trouble while conducting a war. He could have waited to do that to after the war if he promptly had to. And he shouldn't to begin with. He made the oath himself to marry one of those ugly girls. It wasn't his parents that married him of or anything. He was in on it. It shows how much of a BOY he really is in the end.

This was one of the best Daenerys episodes this season. At times it has almost been boring to watch her (at least compared to the others). This time she was awesome. The 3 small dragons could produce quite the fire. And then stuffing the King of Karth (don't know how it's spelled but close enough ) in his own empty vault and finally doing it the Dothraki way. By plundering everything of worth.

Theon went nuts. That is crazy eyes if i ever saw a pair. But maybe this way he came out for the better. He didn't flee. Instead he was ready to fight to the death. In the end he survived and avoids being the coward. Wonder if his father will see him in a different light now.

Tyrion is indeed unlucky. Why the fuck did they try and assassinate him and why did they treat him like a loser. At least he has Shae. Their love is something that warms the soul when watching this cold and treacherous world. But i guess that will turn out to be a trick at the end too. Or it will end badly.

BTW was that White Walkers we saw earlier? If so where all WW's or only the once on the horses commanding the zombies?

Quote Originally Posted by TwisT View Post
    Nice summery there. Is Jaken the redguard/criminal that is killing for Arya? Can never hear his name clearly. Thought it was Jack or something. Yea he was awesome indeed. I wonder what he is. A Sorcerer? Thief? Assassin?
    Jaqen H'gar. He is a "Faceless Man".

Rob is losing his shit. Stiring up female trouble while conducting a war. He could have waited to do that to after the war if he promptly had to. And he shouldn't to begin with. He made the oath himself to marry one of those ugly girls. It wasn't his parents that married him of or anything. He was in on it. It shows how much of a BOY he really is in the end.
    Yeah way to let the pussy control your life Robb. Why not just fuck the shit out of her and not marry her? Jesus christ.

This was one of the best Daenerys episodes this season. At times it has almost been boring to watch her (at least compared to the others). This time she was awesome. The 3 small dragons could produce quite the fire. And then stuffing the King of Karth (don't know how it's spelled but close enough ) in his own empty vault and finally doing it the Dothraki way. By plundering everything of worth.
    Aside from the super hokey special effects of the warlock bursting into flames that was great. Qarth.

Theon went nuts. That is crazy eyes if i ever saw a pair. But maybe this way he came out for the better. He didn't flee. Instead he was ready to fight to the death. In the end he survived and avoids being the coward. Wonder if his father will see him in a different light now.
    It's funny to me that the Ironborn even went along with Theon's plan to capture Winterfell considering they appeared to be fully aware of how fucking terrible an idea it was.

Tyrion is indeed unlucky. Why the fuck did they try and assassinate him and why did they treat him like a loser. At least he has Shae. Their love is something that warms the soul when watching this cold and treacherous world. But i guess that will turn out to be a trick at the end too. Or it will end badly.
    Cersei finally moved into open war against Tyrion. Maybe she would have lauded his brilliance had he died. As is, she already told Tyrion she thought he was plotting against her children, even as he explained his totally rational reasons for sending Myrcella away and wanting Joffrey on the battlements. Also she's such a hypocrite because at the first sign they were about to lose she was ready to fucking KILL Tommen.

BTW was that White Walkers we saw earlier? If so where all WW's or only the once on the horses commanding the zombies?
    Aside from some better looking and clearer CGI the guy riding the horse looks like the guys doing murder in the pilot episode.

EDIT:

Also it was presented pretty ambiguously but I assume the Ironborn were going to either escape out of Winterfell after burning it, or they burned it before doing a prisoner swap with the sieging guys. It's obviously not the siege forces who burned it down.