Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: TV: Game of Thrones

Jounin
    Holy Shit!

I knew it was over for Robb when he lost half his army, but i thought that he would be killed in battle. But this was brutal. And so quick.

I love this show.

Blog Entries
    WHAT THE FUCK?!

He kinda had it coming. You don't betray a known crotchety asshole and then try to play all nice with him as if it was a quarrel over a spilled drink or a come from behind victory in a dice game. Robb was too good natured and naive. A good man, a bad leader, but would have been an okay king.

Similarly, Catelyn was dumb to think that Frey gave a shit about his young wife. I knew he would simply say he'd get another.

Do feel bad for Arya. She almost had a chance to get another dire wolf. She'll just add another person to her stab through the eye and out the back of the skull list. On the brighter side, her journeys through the woods with The Hound are almost as good as Jaime and Brienne.

Feel only a little bad for Talisa. Robb led her right into it with more of his naiveté. Wasn't sure who is worse, Robb or Sansa. Now I know, it was Robb.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Mon, 06-03-2013 at 03:06 PM. Reason: damn name spellings!

Best moment in this episode was the Second Sons guy, all up on Daeny.
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    Omg wtf...holy shit! This show doesn't know the meaning of mercy. Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn! Orchestrated by the Lannisters too? I am not a happy camper right now . It's looking like the Stark hope is in their exceptional children. And by exceptional children, I don't mean Sansa, unless she's going into whoring or something of the sort. I'm not sure where to place John Snow in this. He is a bastard, so maybe things will improve for him since he started out with the shit end of the stick? Naw, his girl's going to feed him his own dick for ditching her.

Those fucking Lannisters just keep getting their way. I want so very much for the Starks to ruin their shit, but something tells me that by the time the two young one are ready to right the wrongs that have been done, Daenarys, her dragons, her robot legion and savage horde will already have scorched and raped them into non-existence. This is not good. I just started really liking Daenarys too but I have to hope she loses now. As much as I <3 dragons, I really, REALLY want to see Arya clear her shitlist one by bloody one.

Edit: Caitlyn's pleas were absolutely heartrending. I think that this is the first time a show or movie has every properly conveyed to me the horror felt by a mother about to lose her child. I don't think I'll be able to rewatch that episode.

http://io9.com/the-100-best-tweets-a...ones-511003444
    Last edited by Uchiha Barles; Mon, 06-03-2013 at 07:21 PM.
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha Barles View Post
    Orchestrated by the Lannisters too? I am not a happy camper right now . It's /url]
    I don't know that it was orchestrated by the Lannisters. I just assumed that Bolton was being an asshole.

assertnfailure (7:40:03 PM): dude....your posts are a bunch of nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by iMUSTbeTHEdevil View Post
    I don't know that it was orchestrated by the Lannisters. I just assumed that Bolton was being an asshole.
    From what we have seen of Bolton, he does things when there is gold involved. Add to that the fact that he recently wanted to get on the good side of Tywin and it seems highly likely that this was indeed a Lannister plot.

Regardless no one would alienate themselves so much if they did not have someone powerful backing them. You could not turn against the Starks, effectively antagonizing the entire north particularly given the current political climate, if you did not have someone powerful nearby backing you. Granted it could be some other faction but no one other than the Lannisters really wanted Rob Stark out of the way right now. It was in the best interests of everyone else to play the two of them off of each other. This is political suicide though.

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha Barles View Post
    Edit: Caitlyn's pleas were absolutely heartrending. I think that this is the first time a show or movie has every properly conveyed to me the horror felt by a mother about to lose her child. I don't think I'll be able to rewatch that episode.
    She is the one person I can really feel it for in this series. The woman never gets a break. Brandon dies and she has to marry Ned who goes to war and comes home with someone else's son, then Jon Arryn dies and they come to take Ned away, Bran gets crippled, Ned gets executed, she believes Arya is dead and Sansa is held hostage, Rob goes to war, she manages to get her hands on both Tyrion and Jaime and has to watch them walk away, her father dies, her sister is insane and now everyone dies at her brother's wedding. Sheesh, rest in peace because life was not kind to you.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Abdula View Post
    She is the one person I can really feel it for in this series. The woman never gets a break. Brandon dies and she has to marry Ned who goes to war and comes home with someone else's son, then Jon Arryn dies and they come to take Ned away, Bran gets crippled, Ned gets executed, she believes Arya is dead and Sansa is held hostage, Rob goes to war, she manages to get her hands on both Tyrion and Jaime and has to watch them walk away, her father dies, her sister is insane and now everyone dies at her brother's wedding. Sheesh, rest in peace because life was not kind to you.
    Well said! I like that she even believed that all of her misfortune was as a result of not loving the bastard son, John Snow. Which to her, would be a rational explanation for those hardships.

assertnfailure (7:40:03 PM): dude....your posts are a bunch of nonsense

How hard would it be to send some assassins to take out some of the Lannisters? Several times Joffrey was out of the castle, he could have been speared. If Arya was able to get close enough to Tywin Lannister, why can't someone else? Do citizens of King's Landing have ID badges? If not, it wouldn't be too hard to slip in.

I've read the books, and i am not watching the series - but this vid is hilarious. Posting it here instead in funny vids because there might be people who haven't seen the latest ep.
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Life did suck for Catelyn but let's not forget that she provided the impetus that set many of the misfortunes that befell her into motion. The initial cause of the war between Starks and Lannisters was Catelyn detaining Tyrion under suspicion of being involved with Bran's fall. Maybe if she'd been willing to keep her suspicions under wraps and play politics with them things might have shaken out differently. Of course, its possible many of the events of the series were inevitable, but we'll never know now.

That reminds me, did we ever find out the true source of that knife that was used to lay suspicion on Tyrion for the the Bran assassination plot?

Yeah it was littlefinger's, he was even the first person to identify it as such, though he claimed that he lost it in a bet to Tyrion. Somewhere during Tyrion's pleasant stay in the vale he mentioned that he did not win any bet against little finger because said bet was based upon the outcome of a joust that Jaime won and Tyrion never bets against his brother. He also mentioned that he would never be stupid enough to give an obviously incompetent assassin a knife that can so easily be traced back to him. So the one who was last in possession of the knife was littlefinger and the one responsible for the attempted Assassination of Bran was littlefinger. The only likely outcome of such a plot would have been to start a war between the Starks and the Lannisters which as we find out at the end of season one was well within littlefinger's plans. So Catelyn was nothing more than a dupe and even if she had not taken any action there would have been conflict between the Starks and the Lannisters anyway. Too many people wanted Ned gone, including Cersei. He was too moral to be bought or to turn a blind eye. Too smart and stubborn to be easily controlled and up until the end of his life, too naive to understand that that would get him killed.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Oh god, that zoom out shot of Daeny with her MASSIVE VOLUNTARY army, maturing dragons, and fuck ton of adoring former slaves who basically see her as Martin Luther King on steroids times infinity gave me goosebumps.

I wish it gave me goosebumps, but the zoom out scene wasn't that impressive for me. Her army is impressive, as it just keeps doubling and doubling.

The silence between Cersei and Jaime was pretty epic. So much was said with so few words.

yeah, I've finally joined the ranks of GoT's rabid watchers the past month.
    loving every bit of it.

With daenyiers taking out every big city, doesn't it mean that the other dothraki (how to spell?) clans have much more to ransack? power vacuum and all.

The ones that follow her? It probably means that they're swallowed by the sheer scope of all her other followers and are probably insignificant by now.

Actually yeah, aren't Dothraki basically designed to love the open sandy road to the point of being primal? Way to clip off their wings, Daeny.

nope.
    I mean, while Daeny is gathering troops to invade Europe, she is taking apart all the significant cities in Africa - the city with the wizards, the city with the slaves (unsullied?), and now the other city. all of those places were small dictatorships in the dessert, but had enough military to repel the dothraki clans from attacking them.
    the dothraki had to go after relatively small agriculture and herding villages. but now that Daeny took the military forces from those cities, there is nothing stopping the dothraki from raiding them.

I should get the books.. I hate not knowing stuff.

Blog Entries
    My favourite part about all this is how the greatest forces at work are the one's mostly ignored by the kings and their war of thrones. They're so busy with they tiny internal strife they don't see armies of enemies literally surrounding them from every direction, immortals and dragons growing more powerful by the day.

Also Arya is so far my favourite character, followed closely by Tyrion. Here's hoping karma finds some way to get to them eventually.

I dont know, this finale wasn't as impressive as the last one. We already knew Daeny seized the city and is amassing the power to take on Westeros. I wish they would have ended this season with something shocking like the White Walkers storming the wall.