Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: TV: Game of Thrones

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    Hrrrm...did episode 8 air on sunday? EZTV.it doesn't have it up and they're usually good about getting the episodes up within hours of airing.
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

Try isohunt. Pretty intense episode.

Thanks shinta|hikari for the sig.

Jounin
    Drogo keeps on being awesome. Ripping a mans tongue though the throat is just so badass. I can't help to think the 7 kingdoms are fucked. White walkers from the north, Dothraki from the south (or is it the west?), and at the same time instead of uniting, Stark and Lannister's are going head to head. How will they manage to overcome what is coming? And on top of that it doesn't seem like anyone even knows the Dothraki are moving, and they all seem to dismiss white walkers as a myth or something that has died out long ago.

And poor Tyrion seems like he will be forced to go to battle. Other then that, it seems like not that much happened. Joffery disgust me, the Queen disgust me and Sansa disgust me (i know she is put in a impossible situation but seeing her still sucking up to Joffery makes me wanna puke). Wonder where Arya went and where she will turn up.

Oh how i get the urge to read the books. To tired to look right now, but is there anyone that could perhaps link to a torrent of the audio books? Either just the first or all of them. And how many books is there in the series so far?

I think the great plains of the dothraki is in the east of kingslanding. after the zombie incident, there is no more doubt about the threat of the white walkers.

That was just layers on layers of orgasmic badassness.
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

Khal Drogo ripping a the tongue out of a man's mouth through his throat is possibly the single most badass thing I've ever seen on television, yet, I completely forgot about that act until I read the posts in this thread, such is my rage. I hate the Lannisters, and I want such terrible things to happen to them. I can't remember ever having fake people cause me to be so consumed with rage! I have no words for these cocksuckers. I can only hope Robert isn't a fucking punk and that he has NO mercy when it comes to wiping out the Lannisters. I've watched Ichi the Killer, Ricki-O the story of Ricky, Spartacus: Blood and Sand, The Saw Series, and a host of other things depicting the worst in humanity and beyond...not even the sum of what occurred in all I've seen is enough for these assholes.
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

As I am on my final chapters of the first book.... I am in awe and also mind fucked

I've always imagined this story to be loosely based geographically in London (i.e. King's Landing) and the Dothraki in France (perhaps Paris?) across the water.
    I think I know precisely what I mean
    when I say it's a schpadoinkle day

Thought on episode 9..... WHAT!?

That about sums it up.

(Also, my hatred for Joffrey has now rocketed to such heights that it has left orbit and is now soaring through space!)
    Last edited by Penner; Mon, 06-13-2011 at 12:59 PM.

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

Trust me I was just as shocked as I was reading the book... I am on the second book almost half way through and this shit is just amazing.

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    Joffrey is worse than Sasuke (almost).

Lol at Tyrion. He kind of reminds me of a suave Blackadder I.

Who saved Arya?
    "After all, I am strangely colored."

I had to go watch an episode of My Little Pony after this :-(. Eddard's execution was something I knew was coming. No way that inbred asshole was going to let him live. At least Ed's dishonor should provide some safety for Sansa and Arya. As a plus though, Robert got his hands on Jamie, and outplayed Tywin, but the Lannister's have yet to suffer an actual loss, in my mind anyway. They maim a Stark prince, dishonor and kill a Stark lord, in addition to all the other little pokes and jabs by way of manipulating that hurp durp Sansa, stabbing lord stark in the leg before he died, killing a baker's boy and a wolf to save Joffrey's nonexistant honor, etc. What I'm most afraid of, is that there will be some kind of a peace agreement reached between the kingdoms before the Lannisters can bleed a little on account of the White Walker threat.

- Inquisitor Czevak

Arya was saved by Yoren, the Night's Watch recruiter that left the wall with Tyrion, saw him get captured by Catelyn Stark and told Ned in King's Landing. He at least seems honorable enough that he is going to look after Arya.

Shit on this episode and the toll it took on my emotions. Shit on Joffrey and the Lannister's. Shit on Khal Drogo dieing (implied) and shit shit shit.

Sean Bean who portrays Ned Stark has been stabbed:
    Game of Thrones' Sean Bean Stabbed in Bar Brawl - IMDb
    Game of Thrones' Sean Bean Stabbed in Bar Brawl - E! Online

This morning I read and heard about this, and it was a good discussion among me and my cohorts/colleagues.

Almost like what his character Ned Stark would do. This is a real man. Although, I don't know what he's doing with a girl that could possibly be his daughter, but whatever, this happens all the time in the entertainment business. I'm just glad it didn't turn out worse, and that he's all right now. Will sorely miss his character a lot in the series.

-----

Thoroughly enjoying this series thus far like everyone here. R.I.P. Eddard Stark.

Sunday season finale!
    Last edited by Zati; Tue, 06-14-2011 at 05:40 PM.

Can't believe it. Poor Ned. And his fake confessions were all for nothing! I don't believe Sansa and Arya will be safe as a result either, because Joffrey will just use them as bargaining tools against Rob. Man, I really, really hate Joffrey.
    I think I know precisely what I mean
    when I say it's a schpadoinkle day

Sansa would be but I think Arya will be able to escape. If Sansa has any pride or honor in her, she should kill Joffrey when she has the chance.

Jaime is strong as ever. Killing 10 men before being restrained. I just wished they showed how Rob's army helped the House Tully.

Well Sansa should be atleast somewhat safe, because if the Lannister's hurt her, the Stark's hurt Jamie.

Although once word reaches the Starks that the Lannisters just killed Ned.. i'm guessing Jamie is in for a world of hurt, lol

There might be some hostage-exchange thing with Jamie and Sansa, but considering they just killed off the "main" character, who knows what kind of twists and curveballs is coming :P

Yay: Aaaaaawwhh, baby dragons and a naked Daeny!

Nay: Just when we lost Ned, the fuckers kill off Drogo aswell!

Also, curses for it only being 10 episodes, curses i say! TOO SHORT.

In the book one dragon was sucking her boobie. They shoulda done that.
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

Man...I would've enjoyed Khal's brand of violence unleashed on the kingdoms, but Danaerys is looking to be quite promising. Suffocates her vegetable hubby to death, check. Burns a woman at the stake mercilessly, check. Walks through a double wall of fire, twice, and returns unharmed, with live dragons, check. All this badassery out of a girl I thought was just going to be some adorable eye candy.

I'm already over Ned Stark being dead, but I don't like the lack of development on Stark side of the war. Robert officially announces his candidacy for Kingship....*snore*. Guess I'm just a bit impatient when it comes to seeing the Lannister's get their come-uppins'.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
    In the book one dragon was sucking her boobie. They shoulda done that.
    Yup. They should've done that.

- Inquisitor Czevak