Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: TV: Game of Thrones

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    I don't think he really owes any sort of dept to the family that gave him away. Now the people who raised him and spared his life when they had every right to take it away? Douchebag.
    You can't just eliminate the emotions involved from the equation. He was unwilling in all of this. His father sent him away because his father was defeated. His brothers died at the hands of Starks, and he clearly cares about his family. So yeah, he was unloyal to the Starks, but Rob should've taken these things into consideration. More than Theon being a traitor, Rob is an idiot.
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

Robb was just counting on Theon being a good guy, deep down, thanks to growing up under his father's influence. Much like Ned himself, Robb clearly thinks the best of the men around him even when he's playing at cynicism. It almost worked after all - Theon almost sent Robb the letter informing him of Balon Greyjoy's movements. Then, granted, he went in the completely wrong direction.

Yeah, you're spot on. With this week's episode though, Theon is turning out to be a douche. He's overzealous in earning the respect of his men. I couldn't identify the body but the implication was chilling.
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

I thought the sequences North of the Wall were really bad this week. As someone else quipped, Ygritte is now a Manic Pixie Dream Girl and instead of having to make tough decisions, Jon Snow just bumbles around like a fucking moron and gets caught.

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    I don't think he really owes any sort of dept to the family that gave him away. Now the people who raised him and spared his life when they had every right to take it away? Douchebag.
    He was being HELD HOSTAGE. As a prisoner to keep his REAL family in line and under control.

If the Starks had the "right" to kill Theon, he has the exact same "right" to kill Starks now. Anyway, I get the feeling he didn't kill off the Stark kids. Those looked like burnt pigs to me.
    Last edited by poopdeville; Wed, 05-16-2012 at 12:53 AM.
    "After all, I am strangely colored."

I think the burnt bodies were the farmer's kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Xollence View Post
    I think the burnt bodies were the farmer's kids.
    What? Why would he burn the farmer's kids? Of all the random...

- Inquisitor Czevak

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha Barles View Post
    Because they helped the Starks, duh?

I'm under the impressions that they were avoiding the village specifically to avoid anyone getting executed for helping them.

- Inquisitor Czevak

Blog Entries
    And yet they found those walnuts there.

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha Barles View Post
    To prove that he wouldn't tolerate any dissent and that he could catch Bran and Rickon. That being said, and I'm not attemping to imply anything as a spoiler but simply reflecting on the decision making here, killing two random kids and claiming it's them is pretty much the worst motherfucking plan. It can get exposed as bullshit any number of ways and it's GUARANTEED to turn everyone in Winterfell against him forever.

Be that as it may, i do think those bodies weren't Bran and his little brother. I think Theon needed a way to save face, so killing the farmer kids and burning their bodies beyond recognition was the most logical choice, atleast in the short term. No doubt it'll come back to bit him in the ass later on though.

But for the time being, his men will respect him and winterfell will believe the stark boys are dead, losing any glimmer of hope they gained from their escape.

As for the question of Theon's douchiness, i have to say that its a very complicated situation. As much as you want to hate him for his betrayal, you have to accept the fact that he was between a wolf and a hard place. That's the beauty of this series, every character is multifaceted and complex. There are no simple right or wrong choices. He was given the choice to choose between two families. Both were as real and authentic as the other, though it could be argued the starks were nicer to him then his biological family. Even earlier in the series though, he prided himself on his lineage and had delusions of grandeur which were inevitable for a boy who was taken from his home at a young age. He created this story of himself as the son of a mighty lord, and when the time came to validate that story it required him to betray the family that had raised him, even though they were technically his enemies.

And Kage, i have to agree, im loving Arya's role this season. I like her interactions with Tywin more then The Man though. Its nice to see the main Lanister open up to the sister of his enemy. Btw, what did that message that she stole from his desk say? i couldn't make it out, anyone know?

Theon chose the family that didn't choose him. His dad is a huge asshole who wrote Theon off for dead a long time ago and he decided to fuck over everyone who helped raise him in order to impress pops. Great idea Theon I'm sure your dad will believe you're a real man now that you executed some little kids.

And yet they found those walnuts there.
    Yeah, I missed the walnut shells. On hindsight, it doesn't even matter if they found evidence that they were at the village. Theon probably wouldn't believe that they didn't stop by, he's being that much of an asshole.

- Inquisitor Czevak

Blog Entries
    Theon confirmed for retard. Was he honestly planning on giving the farmer gold in exchange for killing his children??! Really the only question is if he's either getting killed or tortured for a hell of a long time.

I was very surprised with Catelyn though. She was the first to rightfully suspect the greyjoys and yet she's now planning to make a deal with the Lanisters? A deal presented by Littlefinger??? Dafuq woman?!

Episode 9 is out, and oh my fucking god what an episode it is!

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

Quote Originally Posted by Penner View Post
    Episode 9 is out, and oh my fucking god what an episode it is!
    Tyrion nooooooooooooooooo!!! Man that sucks...who the fuck is that giant asshole that killed him? He was standing with Tyrion and Joffrey but I'm not sure who he is. They need to explain this shit now .

edit: Awesome ball of fire was awesome .

edit 2: Dog is a bitch. That was some coward action, but it creates a nice backdrop against which to measure how awesome Tyrion is.
    Last edited by Uchiha Barles; Mon, 05-28-2012 at 12:28 AM.

- Inquisitor Czevak

Blog Entries
    Tyrion is obviously not dead...

I was a little confused as to who his attacker was or his motives behind it though.

Yeah i was pretty confused by that part aswell, i kept trying to think of who his attacker might be, like if it was supposed to be someone i should have recognized or something.

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

Blog Entries
    Only think i can think of is Cersei setting him up, but i think she was too busy planning her own suicide to bother with revenge at that point. I might be underestimating her evil though.