Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: TV: Game of Thrones

Prepare your bodies, new episode tonight!

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

Not exactly surprising news, but it just got renewed for a fourth season.

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

I thought the first episode was rather slow, but I remember reading some interview where the EP's said the first 2 episodes are very much exposition before switching into high gear, so we shall see.

That smuggler guy was rather stupid to go back to Stannis; oh well, I rather liked him too. Margeary (sp?) is rather smart, getting the people to love her; will be fun to watch her vs. Cersei for control and influence. And of course, Tyrion was awesome as always. Both the character and the actor are fantastic.
    "You can never know everything, and part of what you know is always wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyways."

I really hope we have less bouncing around between viewpoints and more episodes that feel consistent in tone.

It was so funny watching Joffrey peak out of the little hole his carriage, like the corwardly troll he is.

Does anyone else think his fiance looks like Anemone from Eureka Seven?

I guess Sansa really messed it up for herself by acting overly submissive. Joffrey doesn't need another subservient yet terrified girl. He needs a radiating beacon of light like Margaery. To him, she's like one of those bug-lights that mosquitos love. She's the perfect diversion to ignore all his other annoyances like being a competent king, having to look at puny humans, his mother, etc.

Joffrey gave Cersei the nastiest look when she complimented him on his clothes fitting this episode, and didn't stop giving her nasty looks throughout the whole scene. I mean, Joffrey has no limits at all to his dispicableness. I had to rewind that scene and watch it again because it was that good. He's one of those characters that are so enjoyable to hate that I can't wait to see him on the screen so he can make me laugh some more. (Unlike Andrea from Walking Dead, where you just cringe whenever she opens her mouth.)

I really like Margaery. She's insanely ambitious and cunning (while managing to be philanthropic, apparently?!). She and her grandmother form a powerhouse to be reckoned with. You can tell how differently Sansa and Margaery were raised. The comments her grandmother made were really lucid. As a woman, the only way to survive a world like that is to keep yourself cognizant of the people in your situation, so you can maneuver yourself to your best advantage when the situations you can't control (most situations in their shoes) come along. Sansa's family really did her a disservice by not teaching her that. Well, I guess she has a huge learning curve to catch up to. If she survives that long.

Tyrion was so endearing and loving during this episode. <3~~

Watching Jaime fight was definitely a treat. It's like his sword is geniuinely a part of his body. I chuckled at the fact that he was basically just playing around with the she-knight. He totally screwed himself by fighting in broad daylight like that, though. Just a small pitfall that comes with his carefree personality, I guess.

Man, I can't stop staring at every single article of clothing that every character is wearing. They're all so insanely beautiful and masterfully crafted. Especially in King's Landing.

How does Jon's group manage to stay away from the White Walkers?!
    Last edited by Sapphire; Tue, 04-09-2013 at 05:19 PM.
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

It was more like Brienne was playing with him, although both were deadly serious. Brienne was holding back because she was trying to figure out how to subdue Jaime without mortally wounding him, while Jaime was fighting for his life, but malnourished, unarmored and in shackles. Brienne got the better of him but he was definitely fighting with all he had at that point.

As far as the last point I figure Mance Rayder's army runs into wights relatively often. They're just FAR more massive than the Night's Watch force that was destroyed at the Fist of the First Men, and they have years of experience dealing with the undead.

Even last season, they made it clear that burning their dead is second nature to them. They are certainly extremely used to fighting them. The scouting party (Ygritte was the only one left alive at the time) was a bit taken aback that the Night's Watch didn't do the same by instinct.

I wonder how long the Night's Watch has been out of communication with the people living north of the wall. There must be a fucking enormous amount of them because Mance Rayder's army is gigantic, and you can assume not every living person north of the wall is capable of fighting in his army. Do the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros live knowing that hundreds of thousands of people are trapped in the north? Well, not "trapped" exactly since we know you can get past the Wall like Osha did.

It must have been HUNDREDS of years, long enough for the White Walkers and the wights to pass into legend.

Need more Aria and Calisse!!! Gosh these 2 episodes are taking forever to preview. When will there be some action?

It took me so long to figure out you were referring to Daenerys.

hehe. if episode 3 doesnt pick up, ppl will noticeably start getting upset in masses.

Don't these type of shows usually take at least 5/6ths of the season to have a climax, though?

I feel like I'm really enjoying the subtleties of the show, so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
    Don't these type of shows usually take at least 5/6ths of the season to have a climax, though?

I feel like I'm really enjoying the subtleties of the show, so far.
    Well its based off a book so general rules don't apply.

I read somewhere the first two episodes were meant to be slow and from here on out they'll pick up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
    Don't these type of shows usually take at least 5/6ths of the season to have a climax, though?.
    I climax each week during the opening. ;P

This season and season 4 are supposed to be splitting the 3rd book. I assume it has a major event somewhere in the middle where they will end Season 3. I don't read the books, but I know Y mentioned he knew where they'd be ending this season.

My only real issue is that there are just so many main characters, that I get a little annoyed when they leave us off at some large development, and then make us wait an extra episode to even see that character again! Daenerys is only ever other episode, Arya is every third, but we have to see Joffrey's sniveling face every episode.
    edit: Also, Robb and Talisa are boring. :/
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Sat, 04-13-2013 at 11:12 AM.

Don't watch a TV fantasy series, especially not one like Game of Thrones, expecting a blockbuster action sequence every week. Did you miss that people seem to avoid ever seeing huge battles aside from the skirmish at Blackwater Bay? Tyrion getting knocked out prior to that big battle he was going into, all the "aftermath" scenes we've seen, etc? I'm not trying to say there are never big battles "on-screen" in the book, but the show is called Game of Thrones, not Game of Wars. It's a show about politicking and character interactions, not wicked sick fights all the damn time.

Tyrion's wordplay and politicking are the best part of the show. Margaery vs. Cersei has been delicious so far.

I'd watch a whole season following Jaime and Brienne wandering the countryside and bitching at each other.

Seriously?! That's the part I hate the most. Brienne is way too uptight.

I'd watch a whole season of Joffrey/Sansa/Margaery/Marge's Grandma, though. With some Tyrion thrown in, of course.
    Last edited by Sapphire; Sat, 04-13-2013 at 01:38 PM.

I don't like to watch Joffrey or Robb, their characters are pretty one dimensional. We need more Calisse, Aria, and Tyrion.

New episode tonight, guys. Ready your bodies.

-

Quote Originally Posted by Y View Post
    Do the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros live knowing that hundreds of thousands of people are trapped in the north? Well, not "trapped" exactly since we know you can get past the Wall like Osha did.

It must have been HUNDREDS of years, long enough for the White Walkers and the wights to pass into legend.
    It's going to be so funny when the White Walkers bust down the wall and decide they're hungry for Cersei et. all's face. At that point, does the fight for kingship even matter?
    Last edited by Sapphire; Sun, 04-14-2013 at 09:36 AM.