Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: TV: Game of Thrones

Littlefinger being self-serving is not a spoiler. Everyone is self-serving. I just didn't know this guy was basically evil, maybe even maniacal. At first, I thought he was loyal to the Lannisters, but now we know his intention is to bring chaos.

It's unfortunate, those will knowledge of spoilers can't completely hide it from their posts. It's like watching a movie with someone who's already seen it. If that person talks about the plot or character development, we can pretty much infer that what he said is at the least partly true. For example, I'm sad to have found out that Sansa and Lady Catelyn will not be doing anything useful for the rest of the series. Of course, I would have been disappointed about them either way. But at least there would have been some suspense.

All I'm asking is that book readers be a bit more mindful of non-book readers.

-

Btw, what was Lady Olenna referring to when she said "Rarely do you meet a man who lives up to his reputation?"

Quote Originally Posted by lilphatboi88 View Post
    Sansa and Lady Catelyn will not be doing anything useful for the rest of the series.
    Aside from the two actresses giving us a series of the best unhappy faces of all time? I'm good with that. Sansa's was especially good at the end of this episode. Poor lass was devastated.

Also, loved Tyrion's secret speech to Shae. Very true words.

Sansa's just too beautiful to look at, her face is practically symmetrical and flawless.

When the witch talked to Arya, did anyone think she meant that Arya will be killing a lot of people? And when saw these eyes, could one of them have been her dad?

Also, which side is the Lord of Light on? I was shocked to know that the brotherhood was tasked with getting King Baratheon back on track.

Also, which side is the Lord of Light on? I was shocked to know that the brotherhood was tasked with getting King Baratheon back on track.
    The Lord of Light is the god of their religion. I would assume he would be on the side of those that worship him, whoever that may be :P

Jounin
    I think she meant the 3 that Arya named to be killed. That Arya is responsible for their deaths and that if not meet again personally she will be judged by the Lord of Light.

Also as for all the so called spoilers, i haven't seen anything that i can count as such. I came to the same conclusions that Q pointed out. Sansa will not be doing anything of worth. She is simply a pawn to be played with. And she's powerless to prevent that. Even after getting married to anyone of power, all the once toying with her will still be of higher standings. Catelyn put herself in a position where she will be unable to do anything at all except advise. Until this war is over she will be able to do nothing. Can't see how pointing that out is spoilers.

I interpreted Mellisandre's line about eye colors combined with the "We will meet again," to mean that Arya would find Mellisandre later to kill her, amongst others. She looked a bit shocked, and her eyes are blue.

Btw, what was Lady Olenna referring to when she said "Rarely do you meet a man who lives up to his reputation?"
    When Lady Olenna talked to Tyrion about wedding fees, she totally destroyed him. She ended the conversation saying that she was disappointed to see that he didn't live up to his reputation of being drunk and impertinent, but was a brow-beaten bookkeeper. She also was steps ahead of Varys when they chatted, and Varys had a reputation where she expected more ("I heard you're such a clever man --> you surrender rather easily"). When Lady Olenna talked to Tywin, I'd say Tywin came out on top. So she's saying that he lives up to his reputation (of being a hard-ass? tough? etc.) while most people don't.

And yes, I re-watched those clips to find the quotes. They're rather enjoyable

So was it a bad thing that Tywin lived up to his reputation?

--

also, what if i had said that bran will probably be able to walk again. Would that be a spoiler? Especially if you knew I read the book?

I would say it's a good thing that Tywin lived up to his reputation, because Lady Olenna seemed pleased by the presence of someone she couldn't just walk all over. Being cleverer than everyone might seem cool at first, but I'm sure that shit gets boring after a little while.

Same with Tywin being pleased by her presence. Haha actually Tywin seemed so prissy when Olenna asked him if he ever partook in any shady gay activities. The way she managed to talk to him in such a casual manner without outright pissing him off was so sweet.
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

U know, I thought Lady Olenna sailed away in her boat because she wouldn't agree to Tywin's demands. That's a bad thing to lose the Tyrell army.

Blog Entries
    Lol, fucking Jaime. This guys cuts off his hand last time and he still can't leave without one last smartass remark.

So what are we about to see? Jaime's redemption?

So Jaime agreed to not say anything bad about Lord Bolton, does that include the guy who cut off his hand?

This episode was very meh. Best part must've been the foreplay between Jon Snow and Egrid.

Did Robert Baretheons bastard son ever get taken in the book, like it displays in the show?

Yes but there are some changes in the series. Should I pm you the spoiler?

Thanks shinta|hikari for the sig.

PM me too, plz!
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

Quote Originally Posted by oyabun View Post
    Yes but there are some changes in the series. Should I pm you the spoiler?
    Go for it.

Blog Entries

Tywin and Daenerys win based on accuracy and aesthetics.

Blog Entries
    Why is Sam so fucking stupid? He knows fire is works against them and swords are useless, drops the fire and uses the sword. He then randomly uses what seems to be some ancient dagger of doom, AND THEN HE LEAVES IT BEHIND!

And you just know this fatass is never gonna die, he's totally the author's self insert.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    Why is Sam so fucking stupid? He knows fire is works against them and swords are useless, drops the fire and uses the sword. He then randomly uses what seems to be some ancient dagger of doom, AND THEN HE LEAVES IT BEHIND!

And you just know this fatass is never gonna die, he's totally the author's self insert.
    Can't be as bad as Ayn Rand self-inserting into Atlas Shrugged. What an attention whore.

I've found any character named Sam in any fantasy world is the dumb sidekick. Maybe it's an acronym for something, like "Such a moron" or "Stupid ass motherf*cker".

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?