Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: TV: Game of Thrones

The showrunners have already stated, iirc, that A Storm Of Swords will need to be split into two seasons. It's quite possible that A Clash Of Kings would need to be split as well. A Dance With Dragons is almost as long as Swords, but even assuming it's the only book that needs to be split, this would be an eight season show that's WAY more expensive than the long running shows you listed. Its budget is more aptly compared to Rome, which didn't survive long despite fantastic ratings.

Awesome user with default custom title Pandadice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Y View Post
    The showrunners have already stated, iirc, that A Storm Of Swords will need to be split into two seasons. It's quite possible that A Clash Of Kings would need to be split as well. A Dance With Dragons is almost as long as Swords, but even assuming it's the only book that needs to be split, this would be an eight season show that's WAY more expensive than the long running shows you listed. Its budget is more aptly compared to Rome, which didn't survive long despite fantastic ratings.
    Well dang, maybe there isn't hope after all.

On the plus side, though it is comparable to Rome, it is not Rome. According to wikipedia, Rome's first season was budgeted at $100-110mil, whereas Game of Thrones' first season is estimated at $50-60mil. Still, a lot more than those long running shows I mentioned (The Sopranos' first season cost around $26mil, or, $2mil per episode).

The positive side to this obscene cost per episode is that we know they won't waste our time with needless filler. The down side is that they're probably likely to condense the story as much as they can to save money. But on thing is for sure, if we want to see this show continued, then we're gonna have to start buying some DVDs when they come out.

user posted image

Did HBO make any more money because of this show? I know they don't have commercials so they have to make it through subscriptions. Well I don't know how this HBO go system works...
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

I propose that we should create a different thread for the books, so that we can talk about it openly.

Thanks shinta|hikari for the sig.

Make one then. Actually I think there already is one, somewhere.

Game of Thrones is HBO's most profitable show ever in foreign markets, apparently.

effing EPIC. i watched all 10 eps in 2 days. its so much better watching them together cuz its all one fluent story. I cannot wait for season 2.

Anyone know how season one coincides with the books? Is the last episode basically the end of the first book, or are we further then that?

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
    effing EPIC. i watched all 10 eps in 2 days. its so much better watching them together cuz its all one fluent story. I cannot wait for season 2.

Anyone know how season one coincides with the books? Is the last episode basically the end of the first book, or are we further then that?
    The ending shot of season 1 is the ending scene of A Game Of Thrones. That being said, several set pieces were moved back from A Clash Of Kings in order to more neatly dovetail some of the plot threads. Some characters are given early parts (Shae does not appear in GoT and is almost a totally different character, and Theon doesn't appear until CoK) and a few characters (Roz the whore is the only one that comes to mind) were invented for the TV show, but generally the season has followed the plot of the first book pretty closely. For the record, where it has diverged it has largely succeeded, and trimmed material well in order to fit the constraints of the format.

and Theon doesn't appear until CoK) .
    Not true, Theon is present in the very first chapter when the Staks find the direwolves. He does not have a focus chapter in the 1st book, but he is definitely there.

Quote Originally Posted by rockmanj View Post
    Not true, Theon is present in the very first chapter when the Staks find the direwolves. He does not have a focus chapter in the 1st book, but he is definitely there.
    Yeah. He has almost no dialogue though, and is not really introduced as a character beyond background noise until Clash of Kings.

Jason Momoa is going to New York Comic Con/Anime Festival. Who's going?

Will he be appearing as Kal Drogo or Conan?

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Yeah. He has almost no dialogue though, and is not really introduced as a character beyond background noise until Clash of Kings.
    I think his portrayal was fairly consistent with his role in GOT, but he (along with a few others) got some more shine than they did in the 1st book. I believe in GOT, he was mostly kind of a dick and skirtchaser.

Blog Entries
    Just watched the first episode, good stuff. Will marathon eventually.

Blog Entries
    This is some awesomely awesome shit, when is the next season?

April 15th, 2012 (According to epguides.com)

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

i wish i could travel forward in time so i can watch the entire complete series in one go
    Last edited by Assassin; Mon, 12-12-2011 at 08:06 PM.

Soooo....how awesome does this look?

Terror

The Cold Winds
    Last edited by Assassin; Mon, 12-12-2011 at 08:13 PM.

The Cold Wilds are Rising trailer is being voiced over by the actor of Stannis I'm guessing and I can't help but say I pictured his voice a lot differently. I pictured a bit of a huskier and softer voice.